• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Soulfly

Trainer
What makes me angry/frustated is how eggs take FOREVER to hatch. There should also be a teletransportation option so you don't have to walk miles to go to different places.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I absolutely hated how the gym leaders, even with some new and more helpful moves were so easy to beat. Whitney's Miltank in this game was just not anywear near as good as it was in G/S/C. Dissapointing.

I remember my first play through of SS, getting to Whitney and the one thing I could remember was how bloody hard that Miltank was back in Silver, then my Quilava was able to sweep her, kind of an anti-climax.

ArcanineShrine014029

I am confused as to why they changed the dungeon and route layouts, especially Mt. Silver. It was okay when they did it with the lighthouse, because well, it wasn't that big of a place. I'm sure they did it to show the snow, but... they TOTALLY redid it, which is what I don't understand.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
I was actually really excited about the game when I first heard about it. But it really let me down when I actually got the chance to play it.

The biggest thing that annoyed me was the fact that you can't train very well at all in that game. In the originals I was around 70 before I even got CLOSE to Lance. Now I was almost stuck in the 40s, and the Elite 4 were incredibly weak. I had to trade my Pokemon into another game just to be able to train them for Red. And no one on the S.S. Anne would even fight you a second time, and of course you don't have the VS Seeker. Drove me crazy. It made the game almost not worth it at all to me... And that's odd to say, because my favorite games out of the series were G/S/C.

QingLong

Hive Trainer
I hate how some kid calls me every 5 minutes to tell me about his bloody Rattata and how he thinks it is the best Rattata ever, seriously kid I don't care.

OMG the exactly thing I wanted to say, I would add also the absence of the VS seeker.
In the end however I really think that what makes me angry the most is the absence of the VS seeker.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
What makes me angry/frustated is how eggs take FOREVER to hatch.
There should also be a teletransportation option so you don't have to walk miles to go to different places.

* Flame Body ability (which cuts the time for egg to hatch by 1/3 if a Pokemon with that ability is in your team)
* Fly

both has been around for a VERY LONG time, it makes me wonder - is HG/SS your first Pokemon game? :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What makes me a bit confused about HG/SS is the Pokegear. I was looking through of list of characters who can be registered in the phone feature of the Pokegear and I noticed that not all of them battle you. That was fine, but then I also noticed that certain characters don't even give you items or anything similar either. What is the point of registering certain characters, if they don't do anything? Seems like a complete waste in my opinion.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
KIRA, not everyone in the game give you items/useful information when you speak to them. Are they a "complete waste" as well? :/

Last edited:
I hate that the roamers can still run after you've put them to sleep. Totally wrecked my strategy to capture Raikou. Especially since I don't have a pokemon with Mean Look or Arena Trap.

BCVM22

You can run from a wild encounter if your Pokémon is asleep; what is there that says the roamers aren't allowed to do the same? The Sleep condition has never inhibited a Pokémon from leaving the battlefield, why would it have done so here?

7 tyranitars

well if your pokemon is asleep you call it back to your pokeball and run that would make sence, however a roaming does not have a trainer to call it back, so there is only one option left, they are sleeproaming.

I'm just saying, how can something that's asleep run from a battle? You're a trainer so I understand that if you're pokemon falls asleep, YOU can run from the battle by simply calling it back and running away. But how can something that's supposed to be asleep run? I just don't like the logic in the game. Thanks for trying to make me look like an idiot though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
KIRA, not everyone in the game give you items/useful information when you speak to them. Are they a "complete waste" as well? :/

I don't think those other characters were created with the Pokegear feature in mind though. I was talking specifically about characters like Juggler Irwin and Pokefan Derek, who you are able to register in the Pokegear.

I'm just saying, how can something that's asleep run from a battle? You're a trainer so I understand that if you're pokemon falls asleep, YOU can run from the battle by simply calling it back and running away. But how can something that's supposed to be asleep run? I just don't like the logic in the game. Thanks for trying to make me look like an idiot though.

It's a game; it doesn't have to make much sense. I've also wondered how roaming Pokemon like Raikou/Entei/Suicune could just run away from battle if they were asleep or paralyzed, but I gave up on that once I started thinking about all of the other things in the Pokemon games that don't make sense. Anyway, while it is annoying that roaming Pokemon can still flee even when they're under the influence of a crippling status condition, I think it adds a bit of a challenge to the hunt so I can't fault Game Freak too much there.

Last edited:

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I miss the VS seeker so darn badly . . . :(

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?

Maybe they can sleepwalk?