• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
That people hated the original gold/silver, wanted some kind of change made in HGSS, and now that Nintendo has made some changes, people now complain about the changers made. theres no satisfying you people, is there?

That people hated the original gold/silver, wanted some kind of change made in HGSS, and now that Nintendo has made some changes, people now complain about the changers made. theres no satisfying you people, is there?

In short: No.

But can you truly ever expect everyone to be pleased with everything ever? Nothing's ever perfect and so people catch onto it and just vent their disappointment in threads like this.

cashuin

I really do NOT like the Voltorb game!!! Also, in the GTS I do not like the offer/trade THEN select. I liked the old way where all of the trainers were right there on the screen for the picking!Daily Events like Bueana's password, drives me nuts taking the train back and forth and checking. And for heaven's sake, the lack of SHINIES! Have caught the only one that was supposed to be one-Red Gyrados...grr!
Sorry-venting :(
And I really Like Aquarelle' sig-I want one ;)

Rudaz

I just got my event celebi and went to do the giovanni event in Ilex Forest. I must say I'm very disappointed in how Giovanni is depicted here. Really? Hiding in a cave listening to a radio, hopping to reunite with team rocket? He was always my favorite pokemon villain and I like how he went out in R/B/Y. It's like he realized that ruling with pokemon was a bad thing and decided to move on. And I liked that he didn't appear in the original G/S/C as he probably made peace with himself. It definitely had a greater effect. But here, he's just your typical villain out for revenge.

hever

022611229PM
I just got my event celebi and went to do the giovanni event in Ilex Forest. I must say I'm very disappointed in how Giovanni is depicted here. Really? Hiding in a cave listening to a radio, hopping to reunite with team rocket? He was always my favorite pokemon villain and I like how he went out in R/B/Y. It's like he realized that ruling with pokemon was a bad thing and decided to move on. And I liked that he didn't appear in the original G/S/C as he probably made peace with himself. It definitely had a greater effect. But here, he's just your typical villain out for revenge.

He was in a hiding because everyone was after him. What would you do if the whole pokemon world was after you?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I couldn't agree more. I liked how Giovanni went out in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, and I wasn't expecting to ever see him in the video games again. Then I learned that he returned in HG/SS, and I was happy to see what role he'd end up playing. I was very disappointed with what we got, however. I thought he had learned the error of his ways, but there he was, sitting in a cave just plotting to rejoin Team Rocket. It almost makes everything that happened at the end of the other games, totally pointless.

I couldn't agree more. I liked how Giovanni went out in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, and I wasn't expecting to ever see him in the video games again. Then I learned that he returned in HG/SS, and I was happy to see what role he'd end up playing. I was very disappointed with what we got, however. I thought he had learned the error of his ways, but there he was, sitting in a cave just plotting to rejoin Team Rocket. It almost makes everything that happened at the end of the other games, totally pointless.

Well realistically it could just be him relapsing. After the fight with his son, he went off to find himself much like a person would go to rehab for drugs. Not all people who go to rehab come out and change into a clean-cut goodie two-shoes (same goes with jail.) What I'm getting at here is that maybe he realized he needed Team Rocket as much as they needed him and he would rather try to take on the world again than sit idle any longer because he knew the world would never accept him "changing." I honestly liked the event because it was a giant time-loop. It made everything so interesting and gave an explaination as to what Giovanni was doing while they were sending out that broadcast and why he didn't come to their aid while they were calling out for him. I thought it was cool, but that was just me.

O.J. da Juiceman

Well realistically it could just be him relapsing. After the fight with his son, he went off to find himself much like a person would go to rehab for drugs. Not all people who go to rehab come out and change into a clean-cut goodie two-shoes (same goes with jail.) What I'm getting at here is that maybe he realized he needed Team Rocket as much as they needed him and he would rather try to take on the world again than sit idle any longer because he knew the world would never accept him "changing." I honestly liked the event because it was a giant time-loop. It made everything so interesting and gave an explaination as to what Giovanni was doing while they were sending out that broadcast and why he didn't come to their aid while they were calling out for him. I thought it was cool, but that was just me.

I agree, I think it makes Giovanni more realistic as a character. Wouldn't it be obnoxious if Giovanni appeared in the game as some born-again, cheerful, functioning member of society? The only problem I have is the levels of his pokemon. Wish he was more of a challenge =/

Plus, it would be pretty badass (in a depressing sort of way) if he actually committed suicide by jumping off the waterfall.

Rudaz

I agree, I think it makes Giovanni more realistic as a character. Wouldn't it be obnoxious if Giovanni appeared in the game as some born-again, cheerful, functioning member of society? The only problem I have is the levels of his pokemon. Wish he was more of a challenge =/

Plus, it would be pretty badass (in a depressing sort of way) if he actually committed suicide by jumping off the waterfall.

o_O That would be even worse!

I'm not asking for a cheerful goody-good, rather someone who has come to terms with himself, someone who has developed as a character!

In G/S/C I always liked to think that if Giovanni could see this "new" Team Rocket, he'd call them out as an embarrassment or something.

AmpharosFanatic

Thought of another one, I hate how I need an HM Slave with me to get to fight Red. I beat him once and never felt the urge to again because of this.

Ryuken

Steel User
Thought of another one, I hate how I need an HM Slave with me to get to fight Red. I beat him once and never felt the urge to again because of this.

You are totally right, i hate using HM slaves.
Its awesome how you don't need HM slaves in black to complete the game

O.J. da Juiceman

I hate how Gold (Ethan) now looks like a girl who's trying to pass as a boy by hiding all of her hair under a big hat. I prefer the hoodie and shorts over the fruity jacket and capris any day.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
The only thing I don't like is the stupid voltorb flip. I can't STAND that stupid sting. Pring back our slot machines, pleeeeeease!!!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I hate how Gold (Ethan) now looks like a girl who's trying to pass as a boy by hiding all of her hair under a big hat. I prefer the hoodie and shorts over the fruity jacket and capris any day.

How does he look like a girl? I was looking at his artwork for GSC and HGSS, and the "shorts" he wore in gen 2 look as if they're as long as the capris he wears in gen 4. His jacket in HGSS is different from his one in GSC, but I really don't think it's *that* different and I wouldn't describe it as being "fruity."
And really, you can easily tell just by looking at him that he's a boy. Not a cross-dressing girl. O__o

O.J. da Juiceman

How does he look like a girl? I was looking at his artwork for GSC and HGSS, and the "shorts" he wore in gen 2 look as if they're as long as the capris he wears in gen 4. His jacket in HGSS is different from his one in GSC, but I really don't think it's *that* different and I wouldn't describe it as being "fruity."
And really, you can easily tell just by looking at him that he's a boy. Not a cross-dressing girl. O__o

This will explain all:

http://i46.*******.com/11cebz9.jpg

Well, if anything, the new one looks more rural than the old one. If I remember correctly, Johto is supposed to be the rural area. I know that I have a tendency to wear tighter-fitting clothes (because I'm so damn skinny...) and tighter hoodies are in no way less warm than loose ones. The backpack is also much more efficient for running and biking than the two-strap design (hence the term messenger bag.) Not to mention, the style of shorts he's wearing in HG/SS is probably a style worn in Japan, as these are Japanese games I would guess that they would base them off of Japanese style, rather than western. But you know, it's all up to the taste of the player.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This will explain all:

http://i46.*******.com/11cebz9.jpg

Wow, that's actually quite funny. Bravo. ^_____^

But really, it doesn't make HGSS Ethan a girl. It's just that the art styles of gen 2 and gen 4 are very different.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I remember climbing Mt. Silver and having to take an HM slave with me that first time. It actually wasn't as annoying as it could have been, since I had a level 100 Arceus with me that I used against Red. I guess other people thought that having to take an HM slave was murder, though :x

This will explain all:

That comparison was actually pretty funny. Well, at least I thought it was. I still don't see the problem with Ethan's design, though. I've never much cared for his design, but I've never been one to "hate" on him, either. I just think he's an average character with an average design.