• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

O.J. da Juiceman

I realize he's not a girl, that was just exaggeration for humor's sake, but I think he definitely looks more feminine. Looks more mainstream anime style that's all. I also favor the old school watercolor Sugimori art of pokemon if that's any indication of my taste.

Seriously, man?

Yeah seriously, bro?

I realize he's not a girl, that was just exaggeration for humor's sake, but I think he definitely looks more feminine. Looks more mainstream anime style that's all. I also favor the old school watercolor Sugimori art of pokemon if that's any indication of my taste

I getcha, but I'm just making the point that the new one is in no way bad because of that. I actually find him more relatable seeing as he's skinny like I am. It's all a matter of taste of course though. Another point is just that skinny =/= feminine. The picture was still pretty damn funny though.

So anyway, I'm not really saying LOL U SHULD LIEK HIM HE'Z DA BESTEZT11!!!. (Even if he IS my favorite trainer design...)
That would be just silly of me.

O.J. da Juiceman

I'm skinny too, I guess I'm biased because where I'm from, hoodies and baggy shorts are pretty popular, while capris (on guys) and messenger bags are rarely seen (considered sort of metrosexual honestly). And yeah, his old facial expression just has a lot more personality in my opinion.

I'm skinny too, I guess I'm biased because where I'm from, hoodies and baggy shorts are pretty popular, while capris (on guys) and messenger bags are rarely seen (considered sort of metrosexual honestly). And yeah, his old facial expression just has a lot more personality in my opinion.

Well no, it's not that the style where I'm from is any different (I'm from a suburb and living in Queens country New York currently where looking like the popular hip-hop artists is all the rage.) It's honestly just my own personal preference. I skateboard sometimes and I'm always at local concerts and in a band myself so the tighter clothes just allow more movement and less snag during activities like that. I'm also just used to tight things having run track for eight years as well...those undershorts are snug D:

Also I honestly wouldn't call those capris. I've seen shorts that tighten out at the ends but they have a strap where you can make them as tight as you want them to be (functionality being that they're better for biking/running I believe.) I think those are supposed to be a pair of that type of shorts.

On topic though: I'm not a fan of the Hoenn/Sinnoh sound events. Sure, they allow more depth and whatnot but they just don't do it for me, plus it's annoying to remember to use them on the days they happen.

O.J. da Juiceman

Well no, it's not that the style where I'm from is any different (I'm from a suburb and living in Queens country New York currently where looking like the popular hip-hop artists is all the rage.) It's honestly just my own personal preference. I skateboard sometimes and I'm always at local concerts and in a band myself so the tighter clothes just allow more movement and less snag during activities like that. I'm also just used to tight things having run track for eight years as well...those undershorts are snug D:

Also I honestly wouldn't call those capris. I've seen shorts that tighten out at the ends but they have a strap where you can make them as tight as you want them to be (functionality being that they're better for biking/running I believe.) I think those are supposed to be a pair of that type of shorts.

On topic though: I'm not a fan of the Hoenn/Sinnoh sound events. Sure, they allow more depth and whatnot but they just don't do it for me, plus it's annoying to remember to use them on the days they happen.

On the subject of Gold (Ethan), lets agree to disagree. =]

I will agree with you, however, on the Hoenn/Sinnoh sound. I think this is taken to extremes with remembering gym leader rematches.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
I lol'd when, after I had completed the 'dex and finished the game, my little sister FINALLY reached the Ice-gym. Then I read over her shoulder as the following words scrolled over the screen:
Leader Pryce sends out: Seel!

If you don't get it, there is a supermarket chain called leader price with an awful reputation :3
But if you didn't get it than this joke=fail

On the subject of Gold (Ethan), lets agree to disagree. =]

I will agree with you, however, on the Hoenn/Sinnoh sound. I think this is taken to extremes with remembering gym leader rematches.

I say we do that. :)

If you don't get it, there is a supermarket chain called leader price with an awful reputation :3
But if you didn't get it than this joke=fail

Wellllll....we'd get it if supermarket chains had a tendency to be national. But they aren't. D:

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Low Levels since it makes it to hard to raise in the wild.
Random Calling really annoys me unless it is Gym Leaders.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
The lack of trainers to battle, and high lvl wild pokémon.
=
slooooooowww experience gaining.
=
Spending ages to level my pokes.

Weavile22

Imma be
the music. worst in the series... :(

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The lack of trainers to battle, and high lvl wild pokémon.
=
slooooooowww experience gaining.
=
Spending ages to level my pokes.

I leveled up all of my Pokemon to level 100 within a short time. In fact, HG/SS are the first Pokemon games I've ever played where all of my Pokemon reached level 100 without the use of items like Rare Candies. I don't know, I just think that leveling up in HG/SS is pretty easy (especially with all the Gym Leader rematches).

the music. worst in the series... :(

What? How can anyone not like the music? Some of the remixed tracks in HG/SS are the best around. I get that some people might not like all of the music tracks in these games, but I wouldn't have thought it was possible for people to hate them all ;_;

What? How can anyone not like the music? Some of the remixed tracks in HG/SS are the best around. I get that some people might not like all of the music tracks in these games, but I wouldn't have thought it was possible for people to hate them all ;_;

Agreed. 100%

I don't like how they made characters for Team Rocket to reflect the commanders in Team Galactic. They seemed very tacked on rather than necessary. They should have just kept the nameless Rocket Executives IMO.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Agreed. 100%

I don't like how they made characters for Team Rocket to reflect the commanders in Team Galactic. They seemed very tacked on rather than necessary. They should have just kept the nameless Rocket Executives IMO.

I personally really liked how the Rocket Executives had names and actual unique character designs. It shows that they're much more important than the nameless grunts. Also, if they kept them nameless, then *nobody* in Team Rocket during the story would have a name. That always felt weird to me in GSC. O__o

But I agree with you on the music. I think HGSS has one of the best soundtracks ever, since you can hear a whole variety of instruments in all the songs.

O.J. da Juiceman

I personally really liked how the Rocket Executives had names and actual unique character designs. It shows that they're much more important than the nameless grunts. Also, if they kept them nameless, then *nobody* in Team Rocket during the story would have a name. That always felt weird to me in GSC. O__o

But I agree with you on the music. I think HGSS has one of the best soundtracks ever, since you can hear a whole variety of instruments in all the songs.

I miss when team rocket grunts looked like Waluigi with whips.

cashuin

How to get the Celebi event pokemon?

I just got my event celebi and went to do the giovanni event in Ilex Forest. I must say I'm very disappointed in how Giovanni is depicted here. Really? Hiding in a cave listening to a radio, hopping to reunite with team rocket? He was always my favorite pokemon villain and I like how he went out in R/B/Y. It's like he realized that ruling with pokemon was a bad thing and decided to move on. And I liked that he didn't appear in the original G/S/C as he probably made peace with himself. It definitely had a greater effect. But here, he's just your typical villain out for revenge.
Is it available over WiFi connection or only at a location? Where I live the nearest gamestop is over 30 miles away, no Toys'RUs nearby either? I got the Raiku, Suicune and Entei shinies just fine. I thought they were the only ones going on now?
TIA

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
Also I need what is it, 30,000 points to buy Swords Dance TM?
I've only 400. I really suck at Voltorb Flip. IMO, they should kept in the slots, or just removed the whole thing all together and moved the TMs to the battle frontier or something...

Ryuken

Steel User
Also I need what is it, 30,000 points to buy Swords Dance TM?
I've only 400. I really suck at Voltorb Flip. IMO, they should kept in the slots, or just removed the whole thing all together and moved the TMs to the battle frontier or something...

kill yourself trying to get pokerus and trade it for tm in the trade forums :)