• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Also I need what is it, 30,000 points to buy Swords Dance TM?
I've only 400. I really suck at Voltorb Flip. IMO, they should kept in the slots, or just removed the whole thing all together and moved the TMs to the battle frontier or something...

I agree that the Voltorb Flip game can be hard at first, especially if you don't know how to play the game, but there are tons of guides on how to become successful while playing the game. Sure, I would have preferred the slot machines as well, but the Voltorb Flip game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If anything, it's one of the most interesting additions to the games.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
The waiting times for some of the Pokemon in the Safari Zone. Seriously, 70 days for a single Riolu?!?! Granted, I've finished the PokeDex already, but still...

DestroyerOfWorlds

Dragonlord Manslayer
Yeah... Voltorb flip...ESPECIALLY if you accidentally hit a tile you meant to mark as a bomb.

Electric

So Gamefreak can make their Pokemon games have 3D graphics, amazing gameplay, and still have a whole lot of empty memory in the game cartridges, but for naming apricorns, the color can only have 3 letters because of a stupid character limit? Really? Yellow is "Ylw" and green is "grn." They might as well make a "crp" apricorn.

"Epc" "fal"

But seriously, how can they make an awesome game and have something dumb like that?

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Gold version was my first video game. Ever. To play HeartGold... Nearly everything is by heart. I love it all and I would never change it. Word limits are negligible issues. Voltorb Flip is way better than gambling coins away on slot macines. Make do with the Pokemon you have. Enjoy the game for what it is... a classic reborn.

...Though I've given up on that freaking Porygon...

AmpharosFanatic

This has likely been touched upon several times already, but it really is the one thing about HG I dislike enough to actually kinda get mad about. I am, of course, referring to the Safari Zone. I really can't think of anything at all I liked about it, and finding any Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon in there is so annoying that I rarely, if ever, even use it.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
So you know there's a more abundant means of getting them, but you choose to eschew it because you can't be bothered?

Forgive the late reply, but, quite frankly, yes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you an older Pokefan yourself? So surely you can see from my point of view, of playing the games as a luxury I afford myself in my relatively minscule amount of spare time? I don't enjoy having to look through caves, boxing one of my team to get an HM slave out, and repeatedly going through the Rock Smash animation to maybe find something that I need in the game; especially when it would be much simpler to be able to buy the item multiple times from the same place. I just don't have the time, and the time I do have I would rather spend in the Battle Frontier or something. That's all.

Why do people not like Voltorb Flip? I don't see anything wrong with it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
....wait until there's a Luvdisc swarm and Trick/Switcheroo/Thief the Heart Scales off them?

Voltorb Flip is annoying to most people because it is very unpredictable, making it harder to get coins, and to make matter worse, you need more coins for TMs in HG/SS than in previous games.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
^
....wait until there's a Luvdisc swarm and Trick/Switcheroo/Thief the Heart Scales off them?

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that, still relatively new to HGSS as I only got it a short time ago.

Voltorb Flip is annoying to most people because it is very unpredictable, making it harder to get coins, and to make matter worse, you need more coins for TMs in HG/SS than in previous games.

Fair enough. But if you manage to get to the higher levels you can win big. i don't have a problem with it personally because I look at it somewhat mathematically and figure out where there is most likely going to be a voltorb. It's still a gamble, but you can swing the odds in your favour.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Yeah, voltorb flip is a killer.

It took me forever to get Porygon.

Oh well, on a higher level of the game it is easier to win more coins, yet also more frustrating when you lose again.

PokeSchmidt

the game corner is terrible. what happened to just buying coins and getting what you wanted the easy way?! theres no way im sitting through hours of voltorb flip just to get those TMs

AZX612

On my own here we go
How incredibly annoying Clair is to beat. And how there isnt NEARLY enough trainers in-game to support a full team. EVEN when you DONT evolve them in order to level up faster.

Ive battled every single trainer in the game, all rocket members, even the same 2 that keep appearing when you trigger an alarm. And I triggered ALL the alarms.

Im looking at a team of 4 level 40 un-evolved pokemon that easily mauled the first 7 gyms. But Clair is just overkill.

Pineco, Togepi, Mareep, and Totodile

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
-How tough Lance is. I mean, his freaking Pokemon are really tough and know a variety of move pools (Thunder and Rock Slide, especially), making it tough for my freakin Ho-Oh to beat him!
-How Whitney is a jerk after you beat her.
-How Morty is so stuck-up.
-How Jasmine says, "Don't be offended; Amphy will only take medicine from me", when I am clearly offended when I/I] went through the trouble of getting it.
-How Silver randomly hates you and calls you weak after I beat all his Pokemon in a couple of hits.
-How the Game Corner is impossible to beat, and you can't cheat anymore by just buying all the coins for the prizes >.<

Aquarelle

Staff member
-How tough Lance is. I mean, his freaking Pokemon are really tough and know a variety of move pools (Thunder and Rock Slide, especially), making it tough for my freakin Ho-Oh to beat him!

What did you expect? He's the champion. His Pokemon are supposed to be really strong. It doesn't really make sense to get mad at something like that. :/

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
How incredibly annoying Clair is to beat. And how there isnt NEARLY enough trainers in-game to support a full team. EVEN when you DONT evolve them in order to level up faster.

Pokemon don't grow faster if they don't evolve...

He's the Champion.

-How Whitney is a jerk after you beat her.

That's how she acts in the originals.

-How Morty is so stuck-up.

He's only following his dream.

-How Jasmine says, "Don't be offended; Amphy will only take medicine from me", when I am clearly offended when I went through the trouble of getting it.

I wouldn't want a complete stranger giving me medicine.

-How Silver randomly hates you and calls you weak after I beat all his Pokemon in a couple of hits.

Its not random, he has his reasons.

-How the Game Corner is impossible to beat, and you can't cheat anymore by just buying all the coins for the prizes >.<

Its not impossible to beat, you just need help.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Well, this bothered me in the original games too: They replaced the tower in Lavender Town with a freaken' radio tower! I've always found this very distasteful. It's like "Oh, here's this tower honoring dead pokemon. ...It's too creepy... HEY I KNOW LET'S TURN IT INTO A RADIO TOWER!11!!!"
Seriously? And people think building a masque near ground zero is offensive? This is worse, IMO. -__-

Lifeline

little ms. derpy
The only thing that annoyed me was that the female character no longer has the blue hair, now its just generic and brown. I seriously loved her and her BA blue hair in the originals. Also the lack of VS seeker was frustrating, but understandable because it didn't exist in GS.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The only thing that annoyed me was that the female character no longer has the blue hair, now its just generic and brown. I seriously loved her and her BA blue hair in the originals.

Lyra =/= Kris.

Basically: Lyra is a different person. She may be slightly based on Kris from Crystal version, but they aren't the same person :c