• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
The fact that they did not fix the (IMO) biggest problem of G/S/C. Which was that you could not rebattle trainers in any way you wanted, which was possible in R/S/E, FR/LG and even D/P/P. They could have fixed it rather easily by making sure you just could call any trainer at any time and they would be guaranteed to have a battle with you. Or simply ditching the Phone function altogether and throw in a VS. Seeker or a Pokenav to replace it.
And because of this, the training possibilities are very limited, just like in the originals, which makes it an absolute pain to train before some gyms, the E4, and Red. They could have made wild Pokemon have higher levels than 50 in the end, in my opinion.

I personally think Trainer's Eyes is just as limited as the pokegear (at least in R/S)

mukmaster

B/W 3568-1771-6466
I am extremely happy with HG, I like the way it feels extremely classic yet modern at most times.

What annoys me is how the final kanto gym leader's strongest pokemon is level 60 but red's is 88! What the hell! It is impossible to train my pokemon 22 levels just on mt. silver!

I beat red with mid 60's Pokemon. Anyway, what you do is rebattle all the gym leader and elite 4 members, after that you'll gain enough exp to be able to face red.

He's very easy

I think the pokegear is better than the Trainer's Eyes. Because on the pokegear, serebii tells you when certain trainers are able to rematch you, while the trainers eyes is just...random.

Except, the only thing is that I think the trainers eyes tells you when trainers are able to rematch you is dependent on your progress. Like often whenever I defeat a gym leader, suddenly 5 trainers wanna rebattle me

Kaz~

Banned
I didn't like the lack of E4 in Kanto. It would be a bit different seeing as you have people like Bruno now in Johto, but they could have done something.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
ss is one of the best games ive played, but the one thing thats annoying is flying between johto and kanto. using the train is also time consuming.

I didn't like the lack of E4 in Kanto. It would be a bit different seeing as you have people like Bruno now in Johto, but they could have done something.

Uhh...you got it wrong. When you get all 8 Johto badges you go to the Kanto elite 4. There's actually no Johto Elite 4

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Uhh...you got it wrong. When you get all 8 Johto badges you go to the Kanto elite 4. There's actually no Johto Elite 4

Isn't the reason why Johto didn't actually have an elite 4 due to the fact that Gold and Silver were intended to be merely sequels to red and blue and had a focus on being able to go back to Kanto?

Nebbio

NINJA!
The lack of trainig places made me really annoyed. And the huge level jump post Elite four.

KiwiDude

Poké-Shop Owner
Zubat. Always Zubat.

Yep, same here

I'm almost always playing something else other than the in-game music, like a podcast or music, helps to ease the grind or searching for a tricky/rare Pokemon (Scyther for example)...

Shame the Wi-Fi Events are closed, though I got most of them through trading (still Missing PC Pichu, Ash's Pikachu and the Enigma Stone Latios, need them BADLY XD)

SamyGamgee

Moonshoes
I don't know.... There wasn't much that was different in the remakes from the original, so nothing really bothered me.

The only big thing would be the jump in the Elite Four and Red's levels.
I still owned both though :D

XX-SHADOW-XX

Sir Aaron's Lucario
I like the way they didn't change it so it's still like the originals, and the way they have almost all the legendarys

Derp

[Something funny]
That you had to get a Groundon from SS to get a Rayquaza HG and you can't use one from a gen III game.

BCVM22

Good point. This is definitely the first time they've made you acquire a critter from the opposite version in order to complete the game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
How annoying Suicune can be when you have to chase it around both of the two regions!!!! :(

It's not nearly as annoying as trying to catch Entei and Raikou. At least you don't have to worry about Suicune running from battle.