• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

golduck#1

I agree. Why hate Roaming pokemon? It makes the game more challenging.

Anyways mine would be the PC system. I hate how when you chose the move pokemon option and you wanna change box it asks you to confirm it!

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
the fact that u have to pay the safari zone entry fee in spite of you being the owner!

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
the fact that u have to pay the safari zone entry fee in spite of you being the owner!

^This and Whitney's Miltank...
It still gives me trouble, 10 years later...
Quit spamming Rollout and Milk Drink! D:<

bushie

what made me angry was the fact that yu can't rebattle trainers on the ss anne. also safari zone not a big fan even though i got two shinnies in there

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
It didn't make me angry so much, more like slightly annoyed, but the touch-screen based pc system could've been improved more. Only being able to move one Pokemon at a time, and not being able to directly move them to other boxes (IIRC)... yeah.

Really, I thought the HGSS PC was better than the B/W PC, mainly due to the ability to easily exchange multiple pokemon into your party.

hyacinth

as annoying as roaming pokemon can be i feel they add to the pleasure of been able to say you have one plus if they were also in the same place i feel i'd get bored it gives a nice slant of catching them abit more of a challenge. There isn't much i can fault in HGSS maybe if they had two bikes like in ruby that would of been amazing ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
what made me angry was the fact that yu can't rebattle trainers on the ss anne. also safari zone not a big fan even though i got two shinnies in there

I disliked the lack of S.S. Aqua rematches, too. I used to look forward to those in G/S/C because of how useful they were for training. We still have the PokeGear and the Gym Leaders for training purposes, but I think that the S.S. Aqua rematches would've been helpful, too. And the Johto Safari Zone was a pain in the neck. I revisited it again a couple of days ago, and ironically, I found some of the rarer Pokemon like Gible. It appeared a year too late, though :p

bushie

I disliked the lack of S.S. Aqua rematches, too. I used to look forward to those in G/S/C because of how useful they were for training. We still have the PokeGear and the Gym Leaders for training purposes, but I think that the S.S. Aqua rematches would've been helpful, too. And the Johto Safari Zone was a pain in the neck. I revisited it again a couple of days ago, and ironically, I found some of the rarer Pokemon like Gible. It appeared a year too late, though :p

on the safari zone i know the same thing happened to me. i never really understood or gotten the point of object shifting. they should forget about the safari zone and focus on dream world much better

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
I know we have trainer and Gym leader rematches, but I miss the S.S. Aqua rebattles.
And where is the Gamer Corner I know? D:

Kalosian

So long
It didn't make me angry so much, more like slightly annoyed, but the touch-screen based pc system could've been improved more. Only being able to move one Pokemon at a time, and not being able to directly move them to other boxes (IIRC)... yeah.
I agree with this. After playing Black and then returning to HG/SS, the PC system felt awkward. I am really glad that they improved it in B/W.

And one more thing that annoyed me in HG/SS were the Pokemon following you. Not the feature in itself, rather the fact that there was no real way to turn it off and that you were forced to always have the one that were first in the party following you. I thought it was okay at first, but got bored of it as I reached Azalea for the first time.

UKthewhitewolf

Fire Trainer
Lack of VS Seeker. D:

& No wild pokemon over Lvl 45-ish for training purposes.
It's getting tedious but the Elite 4 still kick my butt the second time around. xD

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Lack of VS Seeker. D:

But that's the way G/S/C was. You used the phone instead. And personally I preferred it that way. I can't stand having to go stand in front of trainers and use some annoying item that I have to recharge just to get them to battle with me.

Now that I think about it, I do see why people prefer it that way. However, I just don't like it. It feels limited to me, especially with that recharging.

Water Max

Not being able to see the other version's weather trio exclusive legendary without trading unlike in Diamond and Pearl where you could see the other version's mascot in Celestic Town which allowed you to ask for it on the GTS. It makes you either need to trade locally or obtain the other legendary by the Pal Park then use the GTS to find a Generation IV one to catch Rayquaza.

Last edited:

KiwiDude

Poké-Shop Owner
Not being able to see the other version's weather trio exclusive legendary without trading unlike in Diamond and Pearl where you could see the other version's mascot in Celestic Town which allowed you to ask for it on the GTS. It makes you either need to trade locally or obtain the other legendary by the Pal Park then use the GTS to find a Generation IV one to catch Rayquaza.

True, but almost anybody can give you a Kyogre/Groudon Dex Entry for free

The fact that you can only trade Pokemon that are in your party is a major hassle, glad Gamefreak fixed that in B/W...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not to forget the heart scales and fossils you got underground! Yes they should have added underground in ss/hg

I don't think that the Underground was necessary to be honest. We could still get Heart Scales and Fossils by smashing rocks, so there isn't a problem there. I do admit that getting Evolutionary Stones became a bit harder without the Underground, but you could always trade for those. I just think that the Underground was a Sinnoh-exclusive feature, and having one in Johto would've seemed odd. I do remember how people thought that those blue things next to Professor Elm's lab were air vents for the Underground, though. That was a rumor that was going around back in 2009. Good times.