• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

ebevan91

The low trainer/wild Pokemon levels is irritating.

I have 1 badge, both my Pokes are level 17, and I'm still fighting trainers with level 6-8 Pokmeon :/

Hydreigon5782

Oh Oh Oh O'reiley's
nothing really confusing or angering. Nothing but all the awesomness of the originals with the latest gameplay and graphics!

oh, and add in pokemon following you and the GB player and you get almost perfection!

Mighty

Indigo Champion
The one thing that I deem bad game design, is the Snorlax/Pokéflute thing. As far as I know, there's one reference to the Pokéflute being played on radio, and that's a loose reference by someone in a 'Centre.

pokemonmaster333

I didn't like how you have to wait so long for gible and a few other pokemoon i mean i can stand the 30 days but 100?! so would someone be will to trade me a gible

Jimez

Just one or two niggles, namely the low levels of trainers compared to the high levels of my Pokemon (namely level 10 Pidgey + Onyx

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The only thing about HeartGold/SoulSilver that's bothered me, Is it pathetically easy difficulty including making some of the gym puzzles to easy. Pryce's gym is mainly the one I'm getting on.

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
What made me confused is why they replaced Kris with Lyra. Kris was badass and she didn't really need a replacement... oh well, guess it's just what was meant to be. XD Having Pokemon walk besides you definitely outweighs the trainer sprite. If there was a hack that could permanently replace Lyra sprites with Kris sprites, I'd use it.

Jimez

My latest niggle is Abra, why oh why does it have the useless moves until 24 (and evolved to Kadabra).

Mr.ALLTHINGSNINTENDO

Ace Trainer Champion
I know a glitch in Pokemon Soul Silver. Get an Action Replay for Soul Silver and use walk thru walls. Wak throught the water after you beat the kimono girls and dont catch Lugia. Since Lugia comes back after you defeat the Elite 4, you go to the Whirl Islands and there will be 2 Lugias. I tried it and it worked.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
The fact you can't obtain a shiny stone until after you obtain the national pokedex (which you can't get until you beat the Elite Four for the first time) I know Togekiss is a Sinnoh Pokemon, but seen as though your whole journey began because of the finding of a Togepi egg, it'd be nice to be able to fully evolve it, like as a special item you can get from Professor Elm if you show him the Togetic.

tyranitarenthusiast

1.i was rather agitated by the fact that "mom" would call me every 10 minutes to tell me she wasted my money on useless items
2. much too easy i could beat the first part of the game with 2 pokemon
3. too complicated to get rare pokemon. i had to headbutt a tree, catch pineco, train and evolve it to forretress, trade it for a over leveled beldum, catch a ditto, breed the beldum with ditto, hatch an egg to get lvl 1 beldum, then train and evolve it to lvl 54 so i can get a metagross. ( i know you can get me tang in safari zone but it is almost impossible to catch)
4. i found the story too fast to create a good team, you practically have to wait to the end of the game to make a solid team.
5. not being able to fly directly from johto to kanto ( you have to fly from johto, to victory road/league, then fly to kanto.
6. how e4 kristen has an unfair team (not really dark types and stupid abilities make my best pokemon obsolete)
7. how the best prizes for the voltorb game are almost impossible to get.
6. how difficult it is to get to lugia ( underwater labyrinth) compared to where ho-oh is (simple tower)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
what i really like:
1. walking with pokemon
2. the pokeathlon (much better then other games' mini games
3. the safari zone (gives access to rare pokemon)
4. being able to go to kanto
5. mt. silver area ( how it looks and what is in it)
6. gym leader rematches

Ver-mont

Leaf being pretty much ignored was a let-down. She should have been the final challenge for those who chose to play as Lyra.

Many of the "problems", like the shopaholic mom, actually come from GSC so I won't bring them up.

EnragedSwalot

The low levels bugged me so much. I just there was an area of the game where I could face wild lvl 50s regularly. It makes training pokemon to level 100 a lot easier. Also having no trainers on victory road bothered me too. It was hard to get my pokemon to a good level for the league due to this.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Lyra/Ethan keep calling me about their Marill evolvnig. It never evolved.

shinymankey

Crobat Master
Sarafi Zone is evil and Baboa couldn't shut up and had to keep calling me every five seconds

EXGShadow

Poison fan
I think I've found a glitch.. and I'm really pissed about this one.

I'v collected all 40 Pokéathlon trophies; they were displayed in the Friendship room (the last room, with the gold statues) without a problem. Point is, to get the 10 Trust Trophies, you need 200 medalist pokémon, wich I had.
Then, I decided to get all my pokémon to be medallists, and started re-entering the courses and getting more medals. When I had about 260 medallist, I went to check the Friendship room again.. and it said I had only 32 trophies! 8 of my trust trophies were gone, even though the trust room still showed I had more than 200 medalist pokémon and collected all the trohpies.
Now I don't know if I get some more medals, the trophies will appear again, or what.

Edit: Yep, I can get more trophies, just need some more medallists.

Last edited:

Draco.

Dragon Master.
there is nothing really that make me angry but confused,

several things....