• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've been pretty content with the game, though I don't know why they made Whitney's Miltank more annoying. Then again, they toughened up the gym leaders a little bit, and I like that challenge. But what a way to rub salt in the childhood wound, Game Freak.

But like someone said, Baboa and the Safari Zone are really annoying. I don't know why they did what they did with it, but I rarely go there because of it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The fact that there is no vs seeker, and the only way to rematch trainers is to call them at certain times.

I found the easiest way to remember which trainers to call when is to move the names around and group them by day and time. Any trainers who you don't call for a rematch, plus people like your mom or Elm/Oak can be placed at the bottom.

ZombifiedHorror1031

I was rather annoyed while trying to acquire a Lucky Egg in SoulSilver. The 1% chance of finding a Chansey without a swarm outside of the Safari Zone, combined with the meager 5% chance of a Lucky Egg being the held item instead of an Oval Stone, made things rather unpleasant.

It took quite a few hours over the course of three days, but the Compoundeyes + Frisk method finally got me one a couple of hours ago.

Really wish you could just buy one with BP or something.

EliJolesy

I was a little surprised when I went to the daycare to get that egg and they didn't give me one.... Now that I'm replaying the games I really wanted that to be in there.... f

Seredin

The Voltorb Flip Game. Gets me every time. Only do it to get the Dratini anyhow. Oh, and Whitneys Miltank.

gamer_legend

The Voltorb Flip Game. Gets me every time. Only do it to get the Dratini anyhow. Oh, and Whitneys Miltank.

This. Seriously Japan gets the damn slots but the US/EU/AU versions are all restricted to having to play Minesweeper to get some coins.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The fact that there is no vs seeker, and the only way to rematch trainers is to call them at certain times.

I hated this so much. I remember playing HeartGold when I didn't have Internet access and I had to call them all at different times/days just to find out when I could battle them. I then compiled a list of times and days, but I lost it. Thankfully I can easily look up the information now, but it's still a hassle. I really dislike the rematch mechanic in these games.

Rebelleon

Koffi- Drinker
Not a fan of the caves and how BIG they can be. Hated Mt Mortar in the GSC days. Still hate it. Now I hate Seafoam and Mt Silver. Went to Chapters to buy a game guide with maps.

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
The voltorb flip got me a bit, I really miss the traditional game corners from the other games. That, and the event pokemon. I know I know, they were around before these games, but I still don't like having them be event specific rather than being able to just catch them...

there was 1 thing i was dissapointed with the rival has the same team in the after game if i were the designers i would have made his team for when you fight him weekly at the E4 this

Weaville/Alakazam/Aggron/Crobat/Gengar/Meganium,Typhlosion,Feraligatr

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
there was 1 thing i was dissapointed with the rival has the same team in the after game if i were the designers i would have made his team for when you fight him weekly at the E4 this

Weaville/Alakazam/Aggron/Crobat/Gengar/Meganium,Typhlosion,Feraligatr

The only problem I have with his final team is that he should've evolved his Sneasel and Magneton, other than that, it's fine. I actually like his team, it manages to stay somewhat balanced while using some more obscure team choices.

DerpyMail

Derpy Hooves
The Safari Zone was deceiving in HG/SS.
Seriously, I expected the old good Safari Zone from Firered, with items and everything.
But no, a boring area changing system...

Ditto B1tch

The only thing that made me confusing are registering the gym leaders and rematching them. Daily events confuse me a bit in these versions, anyways, I like 'em.

Ditto B1tch

The only thing that made me confusing are registering the gym leaders and rematching them. Daily events confuse me a bit in these versions for being too many as I can't memorize all them, anyways, I like 'em. It's the charm of these versions.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
the Safari Zone kind of confused me, all those possible item locations and different pokemon that go with the item. i had to look on serebii every time i went in there looking for a certain pokemon.