• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
The Migrate zone in Fuschia. It's terrible, sometimes I spend half an hour finding all my 6 Pokémon.

Silicone

Poison Moth
Having to cope with some annoying calls from many people, particularly those who don't give you items nor ask for rematches.. If only there was a way to delete them.

I'm looking at you, Hiker Anthony.

Also it's kind of hard to train and level up here.

Dragon35

Note sure if it has been mentioned before, but the fact that you change into a blue outfit for the pokathlon yet are team red.

Canada

Banned
I didn't like that you couldn't purchase game corner tokens. Voltorb flip is so boring IMO.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I didn't like voltorb flip. I still prefer the slot machines, and best of all, the game corner exchange corner.

telivisionhead

I'm pretty happy with HGSS and can't wait to to get them when they hit the states. The only thing I'm unhappy with is the fact that you can't turn the "Pokemon Following" feature on/off and how only the first pokemon in your party follows you. I would have liked it if I could choose which pokemon followed me, regardless of team position, and whether or not I want a pokemon following me at all.
I agree! I wanted to see what they looked like following me not just switching every time I catch a new pokemon to my first slot out of the pc just to see if it looks cool or not when it follows me!

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
One thing i hate in HG/SS is there is no Re-match item thingy that recharges when u walk.... cuz its hard to lv up pokemon after you nearly beaten everyone..... like im trying to lvl up all the eeveelutions but cant.... and the wild pokemon are too low in lvl...... the next area over should be higher lvl not low lvl.....

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
For one, I wish they had a better rematch type of system, such as the Vs. Seeker. Getting random phone calls hoping someone wants to battle and then flying all the way out to them isn't my cup of tea. Also, I wish the evolution stones were easier to obtain. I went through the game trying to get a Thunderstone for ages, and I still don't have it to this day.

Not particulary in HG/SS but in all poké games i've played its that #&@#ing beeping sound when your life is in red, especially when its a long battle you have listen to it /still raging while typing/. So thanks sound designer with that one sound effect you more or less make the music designers work worthless becouse i'm playing your game in MUTE mode...

AllHailThrall

I'm currently using an Exeggcute in my SoulSilver game and I'm really losing my patience with its moveset. Lv. 25 and it knows Uproar, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder and Bullet Seed. It doesn't learn decent Grass or Psychic moves until Kanto. (No, I do not count Confusion as being a decent Psychic-type move since many other Pokemon can learn confusion at much lower levels than lv. 27.) And the fact that Exeggcute, a Special attacker, doesn't learn a special Grass-type move (Solarbeam) until lv. 43 worries me greatly. Other than that I'm having a blast.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Like a lot of people, I wish the pokemon following you was optional and/or didn't have to be the first pokemon in your party.

I hate the phone. You should be able to delete certain people. I remember back in Crystal my phone list only had people that called you when they had an item for you or a certain pokemon was swarming. I hate getting calls about someone's stupid Rattata.

Aside from those, the games are great. I can't wait to replay them on my Pokedex Quest.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Like a lot of people, I wish the pokemon following you was optional and/or didn't have to be the first pokemon in your party.

I hate the phone. You should be able to delete certain people. I remember back in Crystal my phone list only had people that called you when they had an item for you or a certain pokemon was swarming. I hate getting calls about someone's stupid Rattata.

Aside from those, the games are great. I can't wait to replay them on my Pokedex Quest.

Well in HG/SS you had the chance to decline the phone number requests so it wasn't that annoying anymore.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
The Constant Phone Ringing really got on my nerves. Every 30 seconds someone phoned you to tell you absolutely useless information then hung up. I wanted to reply and tell them to Fudge Off and leave me alone, as I really don't care about their 'Super Strong Ratata'. I'm glad I got that off of my chest! :)