• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
I traded my shiny Machoke from my SS to my Pearl to handle some things for it, but was unable to stop the evolution... It became a Machamp, which while still good, was not a Machoke...

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
I traded my shiny Machoke from my SS to my Pearl to handle some things for it, but was unable to stop the evolution... It became a Machamp, which while still good, was not a Machoke...

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I traded away a glameow i got from gts, right before I got a chance to evolve it to purrgly. I have missed that chanse to get its pokedex entry =,(

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
I traded a legit shiny skarmory for a shiny charmander which i later evolved to charizard. One day i played pokemon battle revolution and turns out charizard is a bad egg. I later released it...mainly regret it as i thought it was legit.

the medicham for haunter...

trading away my only kings rock in crystal when it was attached to poliwhirl old friend got a politoed and later deleted his file along with the pokemon he said he was going to trade back...i got a hacked pidgey that knew surf and water gun at this time i knew nothing of hacks and thought it was cool...

NicSmitty

I traded a shiny Graveler for a Milotic...fail.

ddthejj

Oddish lover
I am ashamed to say I traded a Shiny tentecool, lvl 30, to a guy for a lvl 4 shiny cubone.

Hunter067

Recreational Gamer
I traded one of my legendaries, I do not quite remember which, for an illegitimate Celebi off the GTS. I can tell because no *English* Celebi should have the OT, CESAR or be caught in a Master Ball. I will never trust another GTS Celebi ever again.

Last edited:

Aquanova

I did a really stupid thing yesterday. So In my diamond you know how im hunting shiny Mesprit, well the story is I was forced to use my Master Ball on Azelf , leaving me without one, so I played the Lottery every day, i think I won the second place prize one day, but I dodnt want to have to seek out a Pokemon to trap the shiny Mesprit when it appears, so I went to the GTS last night hoping to seek out a Master Ball, I surfed until I found an Empoleon holding one, i got excited cause I had the pokemon they were asking( i dont remeber exactly what. it was at like 1 AM and i was sleepy, heres where the stupid part comes in) I made the trade and realized too late that, you guessed it, it was shiny. Im still kicking myself for accidently trading away a shiny for a Master Ball. I hope the person that got it enjoys his shiny. I have more than one of the shiny, though so I guess its alright.

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
i traded my japanese movie celebi for a haxor deoxys that someone told me it was an event but i tracked him down and got celebi back :D

YAYNESS A HAPPY ENDING!! I'm so happy for you, might sound stupid but I really am :D

So, from what I read so far the golden rules of good trading are:

1) Never trade a legit shiny, unless you're 100% sure you're getting another legit shiny/legendary in return

2)Never, EVER, trade your starter, no matter what you might get in return: IF YOU HAVE A HART, YOU' LL REGRET IT.

^LOL if that was not a reference i am surprised.

I traded my only tradable mew on the gts for a lv 100 pikachu so i could then trade for a shiny Entei... by the time i got the pikachu the Entei was gone.

Also traded a bunch of pokes to get a nidorina to evolve into a nidoqueen to trade for a shiny Dragonair. The Dragonair was a spectacular hack from route 201 caught at lv 30, masterball and had 31 ivs in everything bar hp.

Shame i am after a shiny Dragonite.

Got rid of it ofcourse, got a jirachi.

M4zz

Banned
My biggest trading****up would have to be the usual crap with the GTS.

All I needed was a Milotic, and I would have the entire National Dex, aside from strictly event Legends. I decided it would be worth the Latios I had caught earlier. I had recently found out the IVs and Nature on the poor thing were usless, and had a better one waiting on Emerald. So, naturally I shipped it up for preperations into my box system. Later that day, I made my move. I grabbed my good Latios, believeing it to be my rust-bucket, and merrily went to the GTS. After the trade, I instantly checked out my new arrival.
Level One, Met at flower Paradise, ID:X@DD3, Stats all equal to 999.

What made this even worse is that the world Championships would be only a 40 minute drive from my place, and they were giving out a legitimate shiny Milotic. Without the loss of a Timid Latios.

Fuck...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The trade I regret doing the most happened several years ago when I was playing Ruby version. I had found a Shiny Kecleon near Fortree City and I told my friend about it. He was excited since he had never heard of Shiny Pokemon before so he offered to trade me his Jirachi that he claimed to have gotten from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc. I did the trade, but several weeks later, I learned that those Jirachi had a special OT and the one I had didn't match. I confronted him about it and I asked for my Shiny Kecleon back, but he said he didn't have it anymore. The short version: I lost a great Shiny Pokemon, and it still bugs me.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I am ashamed to say I traded a Shiny tentecool, lvl 30, to a guy for a lvl 4 shiny cubone.
What's shameful about that? A shiny for a shiny, seems fair to me, unless of course one of them was hacked. Is it just about the level?

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I traded a Michina Arceus for a Celebi.

No complaints at the time. I had too many Arceuses, and I needed a Celebi, thinking I'd never get one. The person I traded with was lovely, and the Celebi was legit. No probs at all.

And then I found out there's probably gonna be a european Celebi event coming up this year. Fuuuuuuuucccccc-

Brumrha

Banned
I breed to trade so thats not ann issue for me.

That's the same thing that I do whenever I'm trading something, especially my Spiritomb. Demand for these things are pretty high, so I can get whatever I want for these, especially on the GTS.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast