• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I never had A Pokemon trade I regretted doing mainly because I only used the GTS and those Pokemon were soley for collection purposes.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I think we all did

It stopped obeying me at Level 10 and so was not as useful against Falkner as I expected it to be.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
When I first started playing Crystal, my friend convinced me to trade him my Feraligatr for a Steelix. I regretted it deeply later. ;A;

KabalowX

Ultima Link
i traded my level 86 SHINY Nidoking for a level 85 SHINY Steelix, only to find out it was caught at the pokemon leauge in a great ball at lv 85.the girl who traded it to me was my next door neighbor (this was b4 this file when i started out with totadile) and said to give it back.i got it back but 3 out of 4 of my boxes were turned into bad eggs, so i restarted. like that one person said, only trade if ur completely sure its legit... i miss my Nidoking :'(

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
YAYNESS A HAPPY ENDING!! I'm so happy for you, might sound stupid but I really am :D

So, from what I read so far the golden rules of good trading are:

1) Never trade a legit shiny, unless you're 100% sure you're getting another legit shiny/legendary in return

2)Never, EVER, trade your starter, no matter what you might get in return: IF YOU HAVE A HART, YOU' LL REGRET IT.

how so very true
once i was trading with a friend
he saw my legit mewtwo (whcih i caught myself, thankyou very much) and offered infernape, his first poke'mon

then he said " Wait, what am I thinking!? Even for a mewtwo, infernape was my starter and i will never trade it!" I would never trade my SS typhlosion ( ia m working out a deal to trade his granddaughter) or my Pt Empoleon

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
no one? really?
the in-game trade; a Medicham for a Haunter? Sweet! is what I thought.
only to find out it was holding an everstone.
That one got you too huh?
Anyway, I regretted trading my original Uxie for a hacked Manaphy. The Manaphy was hacked because it didn't say from "Pokemon Ranger" but I did get another Uxie on GTS with the Pokerus and it says Lake Acuity.

jaxonferz

I caught a shiny female whismur once but didn't want it (female exploud? Ugggggly)
I ended up trading it for a raikou... Thinking legendaries were just as valuable as shinies.... Oh how dumb was I. I shoulda just kept the whismur And not evolved her. I miss you... :(

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I regretted trading away my Palkia. It was my first one. Luckily, the person I traded it to agreed to trade it back for a Shining Palkia that I had cloned and now believe to be hacked. Not exactly fair, but hey. I got it back and that's all that matters to me.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I gave a away a perfectly fine and legit 10 Anniversary Celebi on the GTs for another legend.
That was probably hacked.

Atleast I still have a few of those sweet babies left.

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
Well I don't necessarily regret this trade but I trade spiritomb on the GTS and get some Celebis most of which are fake, although I think I got 2 legit ones. One from 10th Anniversary and a Japanese one that I think was from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disk.
Also traded a lv1 charmander for a lv1 giratina from shinjo ruins on the GTS. Bet the person who traded it was disappointed.

Flame Dragon

I gave my first shiny (a Cascoon) to my cousin for a Blissey with only Egg Bomb (it had been an HM Slave on his Emerald, which he'd transferred to Pearl). Mind you, I didn't know about shinies at the time.

I was burned by that as well, and reacted something like this:

Me: "Free Gengar? Cool!" *Catches Medicham* *Trades Medicham* *No evolution*

Me: "What?!"

Girl: "Did it evolve? I'm kidding! I gave it an Everstone! Thanks for the Medicham!"

Me: "ARGH!"

I remember it too... I was so pissed...
That trainer was such a jerk...
Especially what she says after the trade...
I wanted to strangle her.

StarvingLion

The very first game I played, thought It'd be a good idea to restart blue and trade the squirtle to a friend then go back to my old game..... obviously it saved and I lost everything. Theres still a chip on the windowsil where I threw my gameboy in rage
...ahh nostalgia..

Since then I havent had any trades I regret... thankfully! Guess I leaned my lesson!

Last edited:

Bronzong#1

Cell Shaded
I remember my first trade a perfectly legit kyogre i had slaved to train to lvl 100 then traded for a hacked shiny deoxys lvl 50 it deleted half my boxes ever since then i have had an unnatural hate for them

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I remember (and regret) trading my EV trained, 712HP, Bold Blissey for a legendary in the GTS a long time ago. Sigh...

I mean I cloned it in Emerald version so I have the original, but it sucks knowing someone else has an exact version of Blissey as you or maybe not because I raised my to LV 100 later on.

I gave my first shiny (a Cascoon) to my cousin for a Blissey with only Egg Bomb (it had been an HM Slave on his Emerald, which he'd transferred to Pearl). Mind you, I didn't know about shinies at the time.

I was burned by that as well, and reacted something like this:

Me: "Free Gengar? Cool!" *Catches Medicham* *Trades Medicham* *No evolution*

Me: "What?!"

Girl: "Did it evolve? I'm kidding! I gave it an Everstone! Thanks for the Medicham!"

Me: "ARGH!"

Wait, so it's a problem that a traded Pokemon is holding an everstone?

Kim62

Hello
I remember I traded my Wigglytuff to my brother's friend when I was younger, I don't remember what for. It think it was a Pidgeotto or something. I miss my Wigglytuff :(

I also regret trading away something in my soulsilver but I forgot what.