• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

M4zz

Banned
KOing a shiny Latios in Sapphire as I didn't know what a shiny was or that Latios was a one off Pokemon.

Latios isn't available in sapphire. Latias is, however.

Taking twelve dollars to piss on my yellow. I was six, and haven't found a replacement yet.

StrangeClams

Strange Trainer
probably the worst pokemon decision i have ever made was to sell my pearl version. that had so many good pokemon on it, including my shiny ludicolo and some other awesome ****.
oh well, final fantasy tatics a2 is ust as good!

Palkia98

proboably deleting my SS file by accedent :/ i miss my tyrannitar

DarthMoogle

Forum-Moogle
I had an electabuzz I used way back in my firered. I transfered it over to my pearl, but then forgot about it. Seeing some awesome-looking pokemon (I forgot what it was) on the GTS, I quickly evolved and traded it. At least I have an elekid I bred from it.../starts working on it

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I wish I'd never let my little sister near my original copy of Yellow Version. She poured shampoo water on it.
In the dining room.
What was she doing?
(three year olds...)

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I can't say I've done anything that I regret because I've always been a very cautious person, but my little brother did train a Skarmory up into the 40s on his Gold version back in the day, only to release it for no reason at all.

the-eagle

Breader
I forgot to trade some of my best pokemon from platinum to heart gold, and then start a new one on platinum. I lost hours of hard work leveling pokemon. :(

GoldenrodGirl

THE!MID!NIGHT!BEAST!
Choosing the 'red stone' in HG/SS when you've completed the game and Steven asks which stone you would like. I'D ALREADY TRANSFERRED MY BLAZIKEN OVER FROM EMERALD!!! T_T

Oh yeah, also not evolving Cyndaquil and Piplup because I thought they were so 'cah-yute'. Bad idea. Still ain't evolved Piplup, and by the time I'd finally decided to let Cyndaquil evolve, I was too far in-game to restart and now my Typhlosion is extremely messed up T_T

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Using the Pelican "Brain Boy" to teach my Pokemon hacked moves, and to do all kinds of other stupid things to my game.
Once, I even made myself have a party of zero. Do you know what happened? I ran into a trainer, it did the battle start music, then it went back to me and the trainer. No battle. I thought this was pretty cool until my game reset itself.
I used that crazy hack thing so much...one time, I turned my game on, and it was at a place I had saved it at the beginning of the game! I had to start all over again.
It was pretty cool making Gengar Fly in Pokemon Stadium, I guess. But it wasn't worth all the other crap that happened. At all.
My uncle should have kept that stupid device...

rocky505

Was playing my pokemon diamond I had just gotten from Gamestop left my pearl game sitting on an arm rest in my mom's car we were driving down the highway when some A**hole came out of nowhere and drove right passed us my mom stepped on the brakes and my pearl game fell into my drink. However the game somehow still worked! :D But I do regret putting my pearl game there.

Aegon

I basically regret all my GTS trades. I only used to trade on that thing when I first started. They need to work on the GTS - there's way too many hacked Pokémon.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Yes, the GTS should detect a hacked Pokemon better.
I mean, why can't it tell that a Spiritomb that was "Met at the Pokemon League" is hacked?
Pokemon Stadium detected hacked Pokemon!
FIRST GEN!

SilverSoulLugia

I know it's something I couldn't really have helped, but I regret not being able to play my Silver file one last time before it wiped itself. =/ It contained my 1st ever LV100s that I slaved for, and the Pokemon I've felt most attachment to - Aeroy, my Aerodactyl...

Also regret leaving my Gamecube memory card at a friend's house, containing all of my Pokemon BOX data. It contained all my original Sapphire and Emerald Pokemon, and I was working on filling it to get some of the rare eggs. Unfortunately, I fell out with said friend a few months later, and will probably never see that memory card ever again. To make matters worse, it was my ONLY card. All of my Gamecube games are gone now. :(

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I regret using Ditto as nothing but a breeding tool. So much for love and affection I guess ;)

Sorry Ditto ಥ_ಥ

Zachmac

Once, I got a Rampardos off the the GTS, with the edge quake combo, two other good moves(Can't remember), and it came jolly with a choice scarf. But I treaded it because I didn't like it's poor defenses. I had just started competitive fighting, so I knew nothing of EVs, IVs, and Natures. Today, I could really use a rampardos. /sobs

yeminied

Letting my 6 year old brother play my HeartGold while I went out.

When I came back he'd caught a Raticate with my Master Ball. I remember reading all sorts of stories like these and I promised myself it would never happen to me. Looks like someone else did it for me.

fyrefox

I think an option that would have been cool would have been to start over the game and you get to use the pokemon you raise when you get the pokedex.You get to keep trophies and stuff like that and like whatever prints you get at the bf would be in like a hall of fame or something ya know?