• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

pokomum

Two things.
1st was catching Groudon with my masterball in Ruby then having a hell of a time catching Latios.

2nd was committing the ultimate sin......I restarted my daughters Pearl game by mistake. She had spent 3 years building it, most pokemon were L100, she had most of the available legendaries at the time.
I didn't appreciate what I had done until years later when she handed me the Pearl to play when I was ill. That was when I got into it properly. She was very good about it at the time but still uses it as ammunition when required. Still feel bad about that one. 'I confess this with a suitably shamed face' but way up there in pokemon regrets.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I tell ya what. I had finally gotten a Shiny Stone to evolve my Togetic, and I regret not saving before I evolved it. As a result, I was stuck with useless Hustle ability that cost me the win against Argenta the Battle Hall Matron. If I had saved first, I could have started over until I got Serene Grace. Man, I wish my Togekiss had Serene Grace, now.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
i traded a dialga for a electrode. dont ask. it was an experiment.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Choosing the 'red stone' in HG/SS when you've completed the game and Steven asks which stone you would like. I'D ALREADY TRANSFERRED MY BLAZIKEN OVER FROM EMERALD!!! T_T

To make matters worse, Torchic's the ONLY starter you can get by means other than getting it from Steven/Oak or trading it over. (You can get Torchic on the Pokewalker: Sightseeing path.)

I regret trading a Medicham to that witch in Snowpoint. She says she would give me a Haunter for a Medicham. Now, in order to obtain Gengar, you need to recieve Haunter in a trade, so that would mean an easy Gengar, right? YOU WISH! The next thing I know, she slaps the everstone on Haunter, and it remains a Haunter. I know Medicham are common, but man, she still angers me when I think about that moment. Maybe if I ever start Platinum over, I'll train my Medicham to pulverize that girl.

Canada

Banned
I regret trading a Medicham to that witch in Snowpoint. She says she would give me a Haunter for a Medicham. Now, in order to obtain Gengar, you need to recieve Haunter in a trade, so that would mean an easy Gengar, right? YOU WISH! The next thing I know, she slaps the everstone on Haunter, and it remains a Haunter. I know Medicham are common, but man, she still angers me when I think about that moment. Maybe if I ever start Platinum over, I'll train my Medicham to pulverize that girl.

Yeah that stunk. It happened to me too. Then I saw it's nickname was Gasper which just made it worse since I can't change it's name to something else -_-

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
Traded the Tri-Attack Togepi for the Elekid with all the elemental punches in XD. I hate myself for doing that trade.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Why do you guys get so mad about the Haunter? All you have do is trade it yourself, or use the GTS glitch...

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
Catching Voltorb in a Master Ball.
And then I trained it to LV.100 because i didn't want to waste the Master Ball DX

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
Restarting my 100% complete Crystal... My very first (handheld) Pokemon game D=

leader_proxima

Team Dimension #1
My first pokemon games, Red. I got a level 100 charizard, my first ever lvl 100 and it was powerful, then i did the dumbest thing ever and traded it for a damned MEWTWO!

trading my rayquaza for a shiny fully ev trained almost perfect iv adamant mew
the rayquaza wasn't even ev trained or had a good nature but i had so many good memories with him and the guy i traded it too released it

rayquaza-rip

Beechlgz

I don't have much in ways of regrets. Maybe letting a friend borrow a game cube memory card, who loaned it to his brother, who corrupted the card and had to reformat it.

I lost about 300 pokemon stored on BOX, but I wasn't really that bothered to be honest since I hadn't played it in a long time anyway, and I liked the clean slate. A lot of those pokemon were junk, only a handful were any good.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Not saving my LG cart after getting a shiny Dunsparce.

And the game freezing on me.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
i tried to clone my skitty in emerald BF
so i can trade the clone for high leveled meowth

i failed and ended up releasing my skitty---i was ao depressed afterwards
the best skitty that i ever trained!

i regret being unpatient when platinum came out i ended up with a cursed platinum game, it froze when it wanted to and it mysteriously deleted my game file twice...my pokemon i was realy attached to had gone...ill never find a gardevior,flygon and blaziken as good as them (i had them since 2007)even if i have replaced them with the same nature ect.. they were the best

the skitty was from the same game

i also trained a very great beuatifly that won every contest and beat one of the battle frontier brains

the greatest team ever i will always remember them!!

silver wing 22

Storm king
the biggest regret was releasen all the poke i dont want

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Trading away the first ever shiny Pokemon I had - a Wurmple, just because it wouldn't evolve into Dustox.

Volanaro

Cynical when Tired
I lost my Diamond game, I can't find it anywhere. I'd just figured out EV training and had finished training Cloyster and Heracross too...Damn I miss that Cloyster :(

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
Catching a Wingull with a Master ball. The only reason why I wanted it was because it was at level 30, and I didn't have any other Pokeballs. Sadly enough, I didn't even use it ._.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Knocking out Giratina and catching Dialga with a Master Ball in Pokémon Diamond. Yes, I was a n00b back then... x-)