• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Raising so many useless teams on my Pearl and missing the Ash's Pikachu event.

UnovaSwampert

I didn't realize Pokerus was a big deal when I got it. I just put my pokemon in the boxes and forgot about it for a while.

So far I'm lucky enough to not regret any trades. Havn't gotten any fake legendaries from GTS yet (that I can tell...), but I'm sure eventually one will come up.

I got some fake ones over the GTS.

Shiny Ho-Oh from Japan that came from a faraway place. It had Pokerus. For a Regigas. I had two, but I'm still mad I traded it.

Mine was probably ragequitting in FireRed and sending all my Pokemon to Pearl, then traded to Soulsilver. I hated FireRed.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
My most regrettable moment was stupidly restarting my Platinum after realizing that I had so many events on it. Shaymin, Secret Key... ugh.

Also accidentally trading away my last Spiritomb back in Pearl.

UnovaSwampert

Ah came up with some:

Trading my level 88 Lunatone to my friend, who then restarted his game without telling me. This was in 2006.

And then using the Master Ball in XD on a Shadow Eggexute ( however you spell it ) because it was last in the PokeDex for XD.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
I regret selling my Diamond because I had spent like 400 hours on it and I had a bunch of good stuff on it like a Bold FireRed Suicune and a lot of IV bred and ev trained **** as well as items etc
So when I bought heartgold I had to start from scratch =(

I released my level 100 Calm shiny EV trained Altaria. I thought it was another Lvl 100 Altaria I had...

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I released my level 100 Calm shiny EV trained Altaria. I thought it was another Lvl 100 Altaria I had...

Turn off the game?

I regret skipping the start of gen 4 - I only got back into it with HeartGold, and I missed most of the development of the new metagame, so now competitive battling is beyond me :( also I can EV train and IV breed now

Bombadil

The Narrator
I sorta regret falling out of the pokemon loop from the end of the hoenn games through the beginning of the fourth generation. I missed a lot of events, but alas. Not so much of a regret, but a frustration- only ever seeing shinies in the Battle Tower. I've encountered two or three there now, and they just mock me! Never seen one in the wild. *sigh* I also regret not learning about all of the Wi-fi things until recently. I'm pretty much caught up on how it all works now, but still- a lot was missed. I'm just glad I'm here for the start of fifth gen and all that comes with it.

YoungFitting

Pokemon Master
Well, I don't have any trading regrets but I released many Pokemon that I wished I kept. One time, I bought an Action Replay, and when I got it I was like, "I don't need these Pokemon. I can just make new ones." I deleted my Dialga and my Staraptor...

Burakoru

Belly Slide
I sent some pokemon to my sister's recently obtained pokemon Soul Silver so she could do the competition, then, before trading back her pokemon,restarted my game, now she won't give me my pokemon back. I miss my Infernape & Alakazam.

Glaucous

The Sunken Gladitor
Trading my homemade milotic for an event one. The event one was tampered with. :/

lvl 100 Charizard

Trading my shiny Golbat (still the only one I've ever found, in five years of playing) for Lugia. Lugia was crap, so I wanted a trade back, but it turns out his brother had deleted the save file. I then promptly lost Lugia somewhere.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I'll never forgive myself for trading away my lv 34 Roselia in ruby...

DasBoot

Being a moron and deleting my Emerald save file, losing all of my nostalgia... Also deleting my Heart Gold and Platinum files, which of course had all of my events. D:

MR.BEATBOP

The Rise Of Darkrai
i got a bit bored on soulsilver so i decided to try out the walk through wall cheat . I can say im not trying that out again >.< but mind u it did give me something to do after :p