• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Trades you regretted doing

Not much to explain. Have you ever regretted any trade you did ? Either because you miss the pokemon you traded or you got a hacked/weak/ugly/whatever one in return ?
Share your trading tragedies here!

Well, exept for trading a Latios for a hacked Gyarados on wifi, I'll never forgive myself for giving away my level 54 Camerupt for a Rayquaza in Ruby. That might sound odd but, back then, I had no idea where to find it, and that Camerupt was one of the pkmn I beat the elite 4 with...

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
A few years ago, I traded a Glameow on the GTS for a japanese Seadra with a dragon scale attached to it. Turns out the now Kingdra was hacked (it had an ID of all 0's), so I proptly deleted it. Moral of the story: if a trade on the GTS looks too good to be true, then it likely isn't legit.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
i regret trading something but dont remember what it was but i got a hacked shiny charizard for it, it was in an ULTRA ball -.-

FormeEon

The DNA Master
I gave my friend 1 of my 2 Deoxys, and 1 of my 2 Mews. His sister got ahold of his game. Everything disappeared from it, even the Pokemon I worked hard to get.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I was so happy when I got my Spiritomb with 30 IV's in everything. Then I saw this,
"Met at the Pokemon League"
*sigh*

Skydra

I traded my Empoleon, my Diamond starter, on the GTS. I miss it now.

card986

regret trading my manaphy for a hacked salamance...

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I traded my Empoleon for a Chikorita to some Japanese person. Chikorita was holding a mail that said, "Empoleon! Thank you!"
That was awesome.
Oh, yeah...this is about trading regrets...
I wish I hadn't traded for that hacked Spiritomb!
Echo?
What?

swampert55

I traded a Slaking on the GTS for a hacked Latios that was apparently met in Twinleaf Town. Brilliant.

Hikaru 2000

Lugia's No.1 fan
I stupidly traded my shiny electrode for a female combee!

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Hellz yes. I regret trading my shiny Dugtrio(My FIRST shiny) for a focus sash. -_- I was in real desperate need at the time. :/

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
a shiny suicune for a porygon z on the gts. it was adamant natured.

no one? really?
the in-game trade; a Medicham for a Haunter? Sweet! is what I thought.
only to find out it was holding an everstone.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
I gave my first shiny (a Cascoon) to my cousin for a Blissey with only Egg Bomb (it had been an HM Slave on his Emerald, which he'd transferred to Pearl). Mind you, I didn't know about shinies at the time.

I was burned by that as well, and reacted something like this:

Me: "Free Gengar? Cool!" *Catches Medicham* *Trades Medicham* *No evolution*

Me: "What?!"

Girl: "Did it evolve? I'm kidding! I gave it an Everstone! Thanks for the Medicham!"

Me: "ARGH!"

Last edited:

Neon-Snorlax702

I remember when i was on holliday, at turkey... and a girl as i was messing around the the pool stoppted me and asked me if i liekd pokemon (i had a pokemon beach ball LOL)
She told me that she had poekmon heartgold and we arranged to meet in the lounge in the hotel that evening.

We did a trade and i accidently gave her a level 80 pikachu... she told me she was going to give me a really cool pokemon and i got caterpie... nickname was HER name... :(
and later that week a some of my new freinds i met told me she wasnt verry nice... so it didnt ruin my holliday since she went a day after i came!!!

holliday was awesome but that was annoying!!! poor pikachu! (by the way the game happend to be her sisters) XD

ddthejj

Oddish lover
I regret when I once traded a shiny Ditto for a Milotic. It seemed good at the time, but then I notived where it was caught. Caught at Pokemon League. It had been hacked from Diamond, I think. That stunk. I released it into the wild... Sigh...

Dattebayo

Banned
Trading away the legendaries I have catched/transferred in my Pearl at the GTS.

GilligBoi

I breed to trade so thats not ann issue for me.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
no one? really?

when i was a relatively new trainer, a traded my trusty raikou(which adored me) that helped me beat the E4 and the Kanto league for a stupid totodile( which became one of the worst feraligatrs in the history of feraligatrs)

i also traded my new suicune for a growlithe (ugh!)

i too, fell victim to the cheap haunter of snowpoint city
i figured my gengar could have a new friend, but nooooooooooo, the stupid haunter held an everstone!!

i traded my latios for a cresselia, which is pretty strong but i miss lati...

i traded my overheat-weilding moltres for a lucario(dont ask, ok?)

then i traded that lucario for jasmine's steelix( i know my typhlosion will never forgive me for trading his first love. typhlosion met lucario in the daycare and gave her her son, a riolu, which is now a lucario and my typhlosion's only son. Quite the pimp, typhlosion moved on to a ditto, and had a cyndaquil which eveolved into a female typhlosion. She inherited her father's player ways and had a quilava with my infernape)

and finally, i traded one of my kingdra's for a ivysaur, from which i bred a female ivy and a male bulba