• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in Pokemon games you've regretted

Tamaku

Catching 'em all.
I accidently traded my Excadrill.
I didn't realise I selected it in negotiations :(
I beat so many gyms with it too...

Just the other day, that girl who tells you the team you got the gym badges with, she told me Excadrill, and I felt really sad D:

Castlewars revived this thread XD
Anyway, I just hatched an Adamant female Oshawott with Tackle/Waterfall/Surf/Dive. I forgot to delete all the father Oshawott's HM moves...

Just delete them from your Oshawott... ._.

spartanlaser

A tiny, tiny Joltik
Lets see...
Letting my younger brother throw my Yellow out the window. It got stepped on and crushed. But I repaired it!
My other brother broke my Pokemon Red by trying to put it in the GBA slot of his Ds.
It broke.
Starting over on Silver.
Trading my tyranitar to my friend to a hacked brellom.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I had a Giritina, and I wanted a Regigigas. I found a trade on the GTS, saying Wanted: Giritina. Trading Regigigas. I traded, but I realized that I actually liked that Giritina. I was uppset, so I found a trade Wanter: Regigiggas Will trade: Giritina. It was 6 levels higher than my original Giritina, and 11 levels higher than the Regiggas, which the Regigigas was lv. 70.

dangermags

The ONE thing I regret in Pokemon, was erasing over my younger brother's Gold version to play. Twice.

Those were dark days for us, we had nearly or over a decade of my dad being vehemently anti-gaming. That we had a Game Boy at all was astounding, and we'd have to hide it when he was around. But my younger brother ended up with Gold, and he'd play it for a while. After a bit, I'd hijack it for a while and play to the end, get attached to my mons, and eventually he'd reclaim his game, erase my data, and get attached to his mons. Then I'd erase his and continue the cycle.

He never said anything about it, but I can't imagine it did well for his younger heart to have his hard-earned mons, especially his Cyndaquil Flamer, erased so callously.

Sorry, bro :-/

lunar22

Da Boss Nigg@
Restarting my Gold version save file with my lv100 feraligatr when I was like 8 because I thought you couldn't escape the whirl islands without an escape rope....major fail

Derp

[Something funny]
Letting some kid borrow my Ruby for 5 mins only to find out he reset it and it had about 150 hours on it.

When I was 4 ish.......Trading that Egyptian styled Mew pokemon Card for a Team Rockets Rattata Card,FML

Vodka Haze

Two things I only regret:
Erasing my original data on Silver as I had a lvl 100 Feraligatr and Crobat, but did so because all my family members did so. The other thing was jumping into a pool, FORGETTING I HAD MY POKEMON DIAMOND IN MY POCKET!!! The DS was ruined and the data was almost unplayable, which annoyed me, as I was just about to play PBR with an EV team. I was fortunate enough to get the Pokemon traded onto my SS though. I got a DSi XL, but realising you couldn't get Pokesav on a DSi, I was even more annoyed.

Flame Mistress

I let this little kid at church borrow my DS today... He nearly deleted the save file because 'he didn't like the leaf snake thing and the V-shaped one. Thank god I found him...

TotodileCharizard

The earliest thing I regret doing is restarting my Crystal version when I had a level 80 Charizard that I got from my older stepbrother. D: I traded him over fairly on in the game, so I breezed my way through the region even if he didn't listen to me 99.9% of the time...He did beat the Elite 4 on his own though, that was pretty sweet haha. He was my bro. ;-;

A couple of other things include trading my Dialga in exchange for a Carnivine through the GTS, but I started that game over and got Dialga again anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal. What else...oh, I kinda regret starting over on White. It took me longer than 10 days to beat the main part of the game during my second runthrough, so now my White Forest lacks grass/water. Although, I do have a relatively better team this time around than I did during my first playthrough.

Mellenhead

#Trainer4Life
losing my white which i still cant find. the day after i poketransferd everything...i tore apart my room and idk where it is...

Flame Mistress

losing my white which i still cant find. the day after i poketransferd everything...i tore apart my room and idk where it is...

I lost my HG when I popped the game cart out to replace it with Black... Had loads of rare pokemon, was going to transfer them all, still can't find it. Failure.

PokeMEN

PokeMEN Master
i regret unnicknaming a pokemon for a trade...i thought it was a clever name!