• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

aocom's sprites!

-aocom v2-

Victory is ours!
I love the shading on the flamingos its so.. fluffy. :3
But on the first one there looks like theres a little to much light shade on the belly.
It's more there to define the feathery texture rather than to be actual 'shading' in the sense, but I guess theres a little too much farther down than there needs to be, yes.

u are a very tlented spriter
tanku. its spelled 'y-o-u' by the way.

flaminguy.png

male evo, since flaminguru would cause poor male lamintas to become gender-confused. no name yet. i'm open to suggestions.

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
On the Telegogo, the back looks disformed.

aocom stop being so good.
._.
The evo of the racoon doesn't really look anything like it though.. It should have something to tie it in with it's pre-evo. =/

the Paradox

Resident retart
Dude, where did you learn how to shade? You're like a master at it. The design and shading of the 3rd evolution of the dog things is just amazing! I find no flaws what-so-ever, and trust me, I am a picky guy! Can you make a tutorial on different styles of shading, or like tutor me at it? I think my shading style is very lacking, and you seem like the perfect person to teach me! Especially after seeing your revamping tut.

-aocom v2-

Victory is ours!
Excellent shading! Revamping tutorial is very precise.
Thanku. I tried to make it very specific. ^^

aocom stop being so good.
._.
The evo of the racoon doesn't really look anything like it though.. It should have something to tie it in with it's pre-evo. =/
I am sorry. ;O; I will try less next time.
Hello, green goggles and fluffy tail, what more do you need?. :D
oops, i put an period after a question mark...

Dude, where did you learn how to shade? You're like a master at it. The design and shading of the 3rd evolution of the dog things is just amazing! I find no flaws what-so-ever, and trust me, I am a picky guy! Can you make a tutorial on different styles of shading, or like tutor me at it? I think my shading style is very lacking, and you seem like the perfect person to teach me! Especially after seeing your revamping tut.
Hmm... maybe... 4 years of spriting has something to do with it, hehe. :D
I think revamping helps a lot in learning about shading, since you have a reference to go by, but the sprite you revamp usually has a different pose, so you have to make changes to remedy that. But yeah, you can only go up in experience. Maybe I will make a tutorial, but there are lots of shading styles.

this is semi old (a week? xP), but not posted. stuff for rpg.
siggythingstosatisfyhark.png

Celeste

Yuffentine Squee!!!!
Oh wow the new fakes look so awesome I love the cats and the first raccoon thing the male flamingo is awesome too.

the Paradox

Resident retart
snowman! random text for post.

Snow fox/rabbit..?
You have gotten even better since you first started this thread
I still remember the sprite you did of my dragon/ghost thing haha ^^;

I love the dragon/serpant/god, the blue is just awesome.
Your fakemon are just so original and look so amazing.

Cant wait to see some more!

-aocom v2-

Victory is ours!
hehe, and then i sort of skipped doing the other one, since it was too hard for me. ^^''
ghost_dragon.gif

hehe, tadahh~
needs more contrast. and the metal shininess is like. pth.

another two clues: north and black
:O

-aocom v2-

Victory is ours!
Hm. since no one guessed, here is finished product. It is the black tortoise, but I made it dark green since working with black is kinda hard in sprites for me.

turtle1.png

greaarrhgh. that is the sound it makes. ^^ hope you like.

Haha there it is [:
And back then I thought that was amazing ^^;
You really have gotten so much better.

Ooh I just realised what you’re doing! The Japanese god-type things.. well Im not sure if they're gods but the North, South, East, West creatures.

The Tortoise is awesome! I love the clouds and the mountain and waterfalls look amazing.

From what I can remember the next one is a Tiger or Lion isn't it?

Last edited:

the Paradox

Resident retart
Hm. since no one guessed, here is finished product. It is the black tortoise, but I made it dark green since working with black is kinda hard in sprites for me.

turtle1.png

greaarrhgh. that is the sound it makes. ^^ hope you like.

Amazing, just amazing. Really, nicely done! But how is "winter" a clue?
The only piece of crit I could find is that there is a little too much dithering at the bottom of the neck.