• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Apple or Android?

Which one?

• Apple

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Android

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Harrison

Which one do you prefer?

Barry Hernandez

Apple all the way

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Android as well.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I've both used an iPhone and a Galaxy and well...

Screw the UI on Android. Who decided that a UI like that would be a great idea? Not usable! I like Apple phones much more even if they removed the headphone jack in the newer models.

Unless you're talking about earlier Android editions which admittedly didn't have the best UI, I don't see how there's any issues with Android UI these days.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've both used an iPhone and a Galaxy and well...

Screw the UI on Android. Who decided that a UI like that would be a great idea? Not usable! I like Apple phones much more even if they removed the headphone jack in the newer models.
What's so bad about the UI? I'm no fan of Apple given how fast they get out dated, add in the price to get them and that equals something not worth getting. The only thing I didn't like about Android was not being able to move apps to an SD card. Thankfully my phone doesn't run into that.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Hm, on one hand, Apple uses a bunch of proprietary nonsense and planned obsolescence to bleed their customer base dry, but on the other hand, Android will track and spy on where you are and what you're doing, with no way to opt out, to build a profile and hand that information over to any company willing to put out a little money to get it. Can we please just throw the both of them in a lake and start over?

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My phone let's me call people and get online with my Switch with great connection. And it's an Android. It's cheap, reliable, and does its job.

I prefer oranges.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Apple but that’s mainly because my best friend got a 2 for 1 deal and my Android had seen way better days

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I am an Android developer so my allegiance is obvious. You don't own your iPhone. Apple owns you.

Hm, on one hand, Apple uses a bunch of proprietary nonsense and planned obsolescence to bleed their customer base dry, but on the other hand, Android will track and spy on where you are and what you're doing, with no way to opt out, to build a profile and hand that information over to any company willing to put out a little money to get it. Can we please just throw the both of them in a lake and start over?

None of this is true.

First, Apple actually has less "planned obsolescence" than Android, by virtue of supporting even ancient Apple devices with updates to the present day. Most Android developers pre-Treble had max TWO OS updates, and some devices never got one.

Second, since Android 5.0, it has been possible to disable most of the tracking/analytics through the adb shell, which doesn't require root access. Android is the only platform to actually GIVE you this option - you need to jailbreak an Apple just to get such basic functionality.