• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Apples 2 Apples

CuriousHeartless

Hello and welcome to Pokemon Apples 2 Apples (Number intended). This is a remake of ShinyLugia101's Apples to Apples- Pokemon Edition! This game is simple, even more simple if you know the board game it is based on Apples to Apples.

How to Play

Basically, I'll PM you six Pokemon and each round an adjective is posted. You post one Pokemon (Usually) in the thread trying to match the adjective best (Most of the time). After between 24 and 36 hours, depending on my schedule, the round will be ended and the host will choose a winner.

If you win a round you will have your winning Pokemon recorded in the Hall of Winners. If you win I will give you a simple choice, red pill or blue pill. I mean host the next round or play and allow me to host. Either way, the winner sends me an adjective that will be used for the next round.

Every few rounds I'll do a special round (Explained a bit later). If you win a special round you will get recorded in both the Hall of Winners and the Hall of Special. One kind of special round is the tournament round, but that will also be explained later. After each round me or the co-owner, Electivire Addict, will send you a PM with a replacement Pokemon for the one you posted. If you ever lose your list or something, I'll be keeping track of everyone's Pokemon so feel free to ask for the list.

Special Rounds

Many of these are carried over from the old thread, but there are a few new ones too. I'll bring in a special round every now and then to shake things up and winning one gets you registered as both a Winner and a Special Winner.

Lightning Round: The time limit for these rounds is cut down from 24-36 hours to 4-6 hours. They will only be brought out on Weekends, but they will be brutal and no late answers will be accepted.

Double Round: You post two of the Pokemon you have instead of just one. You must have the best two to win. So, for example, say the adjective is Dirty. One person may use Garbodor and Arbok while another uses Gulpin and Koffing. Despite the fact Garbodor is made of trash, the second person is most likely to win as both of his Pokemon could be counted as dirty while Arbok isn't.

Vote Round: Here, instead of me or the previous round's winner choosing the winner, after time runs out all people who have entered a Pokemon vote on the winner. In these rounds you cannot vote for yourself, although that kind of goes without saying. Voting will last for 12 hours. In the case of a tie, we'll just go with whoever the winner of the previous round voted for, unless they were one of the tiers in which case I'll choose.

Opposite Round: An interesting round of my own design. here, your goal is to be as far away from the adjective as possible.

Double-Opposite-Normal Round: Exactly what it says really. A double round where you try and get one to match as well as you can and the other to not fit. Please during these point out which one is the fit and which one is the opposite just for the sake of simplicity.

Easter Egg round: These are just small random rounds that take place for a few hours while another is going on. During these I'll just post an adjective and if you want to enter just post any Pokemon. And I do mean any, you don't have to use Pokemon from your list and if you do then it won't count as the one from your list and you can use it later. Winning these just nets you a place in the Hall of Winners.

Double Adjective Round: Rather simple. I give two adjectives and you submit two Pokemon, one to fit each adjective. The person that gets the best match for both wins.

Winner Tournaments: If I notice there is a good amount of winners than I'll organize a tournament. Only winners of previous rounds can participate and will be split into blocks. I'll announce the blocks at the beginning of each round and will run them one at a time. After everyone in a block posts their Pokemon, a winner will be chosen and they will move on to the next round. The winner of each tournament will be added into the Hall of Masters.

And any others I think of at later times!

Rules

1) All SPPF rules apply
2) Stay On Topic
3) No flamming, spamming, trolling, or anything of that sort.
4) Remember to only use the Pokemon you're assigned.
5) Don't tell anyone what your Pokemon are (except the one you chose for the round)
6) If you won the previous round, don't pick an adjective that will greatly advantage you. ex.: If you have Gardevoir, don't choose something something like "Graceful"
7) Do not state or ask that you won't use your Pokemon for a round, just because you don't have any Pokemon for that Adjective.
8) As this game is for all ages, don't use Adjectives that are inappropriate or contain the use of Swearing.
9) Have Fun!

Failure to obey these rules will result in a Strike. Multiple strikes will get you longer bans from this game. Posting during your ban will only get you another strike.

Strike 1: Warning
Strike 2: 1 round ban
Strike 3: 2 round ban
Strike 4: 5 round ban
Strike 5: Perma-ban

Bone Cold Marowak Guy - l
Mean Mr. Snorlax- 1

Hall of Stuff:

These are people who have run a round and what Pokemon they used to win it. Nothing much as every round has a winner and rounds are what the game is made of.

Round 1- hyperion33 w/ Gyarados "Awesome"
Round 2- doctorwho2010 w/ Rotom "Mysterious"
Round 3- bobyjoe5000 w/ Chatot "Hyper"
Round 4- Blastoiseboy19 w/ Flareon "Creepy Opposite Round"
Round 5- Bekidding w/ Garbodor "Unlikeable"
Round 6- Kissmygrass96 w/ Squirtle "Adorable"
Round 7- kuriboh361 w/ Roselia & Aggron "Natural Monsterous Double Adjective Round"
Round 8.5- Drinkwaterlaura w/ Kyurem "Dangerous Easter Egg Round"
Round 8- Electivire Addicte w/ Salamence "Dangerous"
Round 9- Mean Mr. Snorlax w/ Golem "Primitive"
Round 10- hyperion33 w/ Porygon 2 "Modern"

Here goes people who have won a special round. Slightly more important than normal Hall of Winners entrants because special rounds aren't as common, but still nothing much.
Sp. Round 1- Blastoiseboy19 w/ Flareon "Creepy. Opposite Round."
Sp. Round 2- kuriboh361 w/ Roselia & Aggron "Natural Monsterous Double Adjective Round"
Sp. Round 3- Drinkwaterlaura w/ Kyurem "Dangerous Easter Egg Round"

And here are people who win a Winners Tournament, the best of the best. Getting here is an honor of sorts.

Tallyers:
I can't really keep track of everyone's entrants, at least not if I get really busy or we get a spike in people or something, so I'll get one or two assistants that simply post a list every now and then of the current Pokemon entered in a round and who entered them. Is you want this position, simply ask. Anyone can be a tallyer, but I'd prefer if you were a player.

Electivire Addict
Rayquaza is Green
Bridge
Charizard31
Blastoiseboy19

Now then, to sign up all you have to do is post in the thread and ask and I'll send you the PM with your Pokemon.

Current Participants:
Kissmygrass96 :)
Fanal!
Bullkid1997
Electivire Addict
pikalax
Bridge
{(•)___(•)}
Blastoiseboy19
Rayquaza is Green
Dragona Master
doctorwho2010
XatuGamer
Dark Recon
hyperion33
Uxinator
Drinkwaterlaura
Bekidding
thechallenger101
Hypno12
ShinyRaikou
Prisoner Zero
Nightfall715
Charizard31
Shadow_Zoroark
Androind Zoroark
Brickfaced
jacobthepokemonfreak
SasoriSand
Zekrom_Lover
Mug
CyberBlastoise
ShadeAce

Last edited:

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
I'd like to join.

I'll join.

No...I lost mine...

Ioneos

old geezer
I'll join. Here's the list if anyone cares.

Fanal!
Bullkid1997
Electivire Addict
Pikalax
Bridge
{(•)___(•)}
Blastoiseboy19

CuriousHeartless

I'll join. Should we just keep all the cards we had before to keep it simple?

No because i don't have them and I don't want to bug ShinyLugia about them.

Are Bridge, RiG, and I still tallyists?

If y'all want to still be tallyists, sure.

I'll join. Here's the list if anyone cares.

Fanal!
Bullkid1997
Electivire Addict
Pikalax
Bridge
{(•)___(•)}
Blastoiseboy19

Thanks for the list.

Dang I gotta start all over... I'll join
And I love your sig.

Pokemon will be sent out in a little while and the first roudn will be starting a little after that.

I would like to still be a tallyist!