• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Apples to Apples: Pokéstyle V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Apples to Apples: Pokéstyle V.3

Hello and welcome to the first game I have ever hosted...
VTM74Gu.png

This is a remake of CuriousHeartless's Apples 2 Apples which was a remake of ~SilverLugia~'s Apples to Apples- Pokemon Edition! Hence, most of the text is from their threads. This game is simple, even more simple if you know the board game it is based on, Apples to Apples.

How to Play

Basically, I'll PM you six Pokemon and each round an adjective is posted. You post one Pokemon (Usually) in the thread trying to match the adjective best (Most of the time). Between 36 and 48 hours after the post signaling the start of the round, the round will be ended and the host will choose a winner and four runner-ups. Your starter Pokemon and the Pokemon you get after each round is decided by a online, 3rd-party, Random Number Generator. If you don't believe me, I can link you to the site.

If you win a round you will have your winning Pokemon recorded in the Hall of Winners and be placed on the front of the banner. If you win I will give you a simple choice, host the next round or play and allow me to host, however, it is preferred that you host. Either way, the winner sends me an adjective that will be used for the next round. If you're one of the four runner-ups, your Pokemon will also have a place on the banner.

Every few rounds I'll do a special round or random event (Explained a bit later). If you win a special round you will get recorded in both the Hall of Winners and the Hall of Special. One kind of special round is the tournament round, but that will also be explained later. After each round me or CuriousHeartless, will send you a PM with a replacement Pokemon for the one you posted. If you ever lose your list or something, I'll be keeping track of everyone's Pokemon so feel free to ask for the list.

Special Rounds

Many of these are carried over from the old thread, but there are a few new ones too. I'll bring in a special round every now and then to shake things up and winning one gets you registered as both a Winner and a Special Winner.

Lightning Round:
The time limit for these rounds is cut down from 36-48 hours to 4-6 hours. They will only be brought out on weekends, but they will be brutal and no late answers will be accepted.

Double or Nothing Round: You post two of the Pokemon you have instead of just one. You must have the best two to win. So, for example, say the adjective is Dirty. One person may use Garbodor and Arbok while another uses Gulpin and Koffing. Despite the fact Garbodor is made of trash, the second person is most likely to win as both of his Pokemon could be counted as dirty while Arbok isn't.

Vote Round: Here, instead of me or the previous round's winner choosing the winner, after time runs out, the judge will choose five Pokemon. Then, players that submitted Pokemon for that round will vote ONCE on which of the five Pokemon they think matches the adjective the best. In these rounds you cannot vote for yourself, although that kind of goes without saying. Voting will last for 24 hours. In the case of a tie, we'll just go with whoever the winner of the previous round voted for.

Switcheroo Round:
This round is basically an opposite round, where you'll want your Pokemon to be as far away from the subject adjective given.

Easter Egg round:
These are just small random rounds that take place for a few hours while another is going on. During these I'll just post an adjective and if you want to enter just post any Pokemon. And I do mean any, you don't have to use Pokemon from your list and if you do then it won't count as the one from your list and you can use it later. Winning these just nets you a place in the Hall of Winners.

Double Adjective Round:
Rather simple. I give two adjectives and you submit two Pokemon, one to fit each adjective. The person that gets the best match for both wins.

Winner Tournaments:
If I notice there is a good amount of winners than I'll organize a tournament. Only winners of previous rounds can participate and will be split into blocks. I'll announce the blocks at the beginning of each round and will run them one at a time. After everyone in a block posts their Pokemon, a winner will be chosen and they will move on to the next round. The winner of each tournament will be added into the Hall of Masters.

Super Special Rounds: Can be a combination of any of the above special rounds.

Random Events

Something new I'm introducing in this version, Random Events are usually opportunities for players to exchange one of their Pokemon with another through different means. The event will only occur after a round after judging while Pokemon are being sent out, and last 24-36 hours after the post declaring the event or when all the players respond to me, which ever comes first. Players have the option to choose to participate, though it is often recommended. The Pokemon you get from the random event can be used during the next round.

Shuffle: Participants will PM me one of their Pokemon that they wish to swap. From there, I'll randomly assign each Pokemon to another player which I will PM them their new Pokemon.

Wheel of Mystery:
I will ask each player to PM me a Pokemon they have. Once every player has PM'ed me a Pokemon, I will post a list numbers in the thread and on the first post. Each number corresponds to a Pokemon that a player PM'ed me. Each player will then choose a number from the list that I posted and I will then PM each player their Pokemon after all numbers have been taken. This is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so respond quickly.

New Game +: All players lose the Pokemon that they currently have and they'll get six new Pokemon.

Red Pill, Blue Pill: Each player will discard a Pokemon that they have and tell me via PM. I will then PM each player two different Pokemon and the player will choose one to keep.

Arceus's Gift: Instead of sending each player new Pokemon, they will be sent 3 new Pokemon (in this case the judge of the round will be sent 2). Then each player will have to PM me 2 Pokemon that they wish to discard from the 8 Pokemon that they have.

PC Overload: After sending out everyone their Pokemon, players will PM me a number between 1 and 6, inclusive. The number that is sent to me will correspond to how many extra Pokemon the player will be sent. After a random amount of rounds, I will say "PC's fixed!" When I announce this, players will have to discard the number of Pokemon equal to the number they had sent me, which they will tell me by PM. If I am not sent a PM from a player, I will randomly discard Pokemon from the player until the player has six Pokemon.

Nuzlocke: Based off of the infamous Pokemon challenge, when a Nuzlocke occurs, players will not get ANY new Pokemon for the next three rounds. Once the Nuzlocke ends, I will refund all players Pokemon until every player has six again.

Swarm: Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I will announce a swarm of Pokemon has arrived. All players that require replacement Pokemon will then add the swarm Pokemon to their list, no exceptions.

Raffle: All players will send me a random number between 1 and 100 inclusive. The three players closest to the number I am thinking of will get a special Pokemon to add to their hand. All other players will get a booby prize Pokemon. If two players numbers are the same, I will ask the player who sent their number in latest to choose another.

Bad Egg??: Players will state in the thread a random number between 1 and 25, inclusive. These numbers correspond to 25 randomly generated Pokemon Eggs. Upon sending me a number, the player will receive said egg which will take a spot on their list. Depending on the egg, it'll hatch between 1 and 5 rounds. Once it hatches you are free to use it. Any Pokemon except evolved Pokemon can be received from the egg but once one egg is taken, it can't be chosen again.

I Choose You!: Instead of me sending you a Pokemon, players get to pick their own Pokemon to use. However all players must tell me the Pokemon they have chosen in order so I can add them to their list and ensure no cheating is involved.

If there are any questions about any of the above Special Rounds or Random Events, feel free to send me a PM about it and I will answer your question. I am also taking suggestions for special rounds and random events. If I like it, I'll add it to the respective section and credit you for the idea.

Rules

1) All SPPF rules apply
2) Stay On Topic
3) No flamming, spamming, trolling, or anything of that sort.
4) Remember to only use the Pokemon you're assigned.
5) Don't tell anyone what your Pokemon are (except the one you chose for the round)
6) If you won the previous round, don't pick an adjective that will greatly advantage you. ex.: If you have Gardevoir, don't choose something something like "Graceful"
7) Do not state or ask that you won't use your Pokemon for a round, just because you don't have any Pokemon for that Adjective.
8) As this game is for all ages, don't use Adjectives that are inappropriate or contain the use of Swearing.
9) Please refrain from playing a Pokemon someone else has already played.
10) No switching your Pokemon in the middle of a round.
11) Do not leave without notice and come back multiple times. This offense will count as a perma-ban.

Failure to obey these rules will result in a Strike. Number 9 is the only exception, while it can be broken without any consequences, please refrain from doing so. Multiple strikes will get you longer bans from this game. Posting during your ban will only get you another strike.

Strike 1: Warning
Strike 2: 1 round ban
Strike 3: 2 round ban
Strike 4: 5 round ban
Strike 5: Perma-ban

Matoro: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
SasoriSand: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
destroyer39: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Shade2000: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
x2radical: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Ryker: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Ghosts of the Forums: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
SuperDaikenki: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
TheGiftedFlareon: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
CuriousHeartless: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Goodraman: [x][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Hall of Stuff:

Hall of Winners

Hall of Special

Hall of Masters

Tallyers:
I can't really keep track of everyone's entrants, at least not if I get really busy or we get a spike in people or something, so I'll get one or two assistants that simply post a list every now and then of the current Pokemon entered in a round and who entered them. Is you want this position, simply ask. Anyone can be a tallyer, but I'd prefer if you were a player. I will accept more later on if we get more people. Although it is not required, you can make funny titles for your tallys to keep things interesting.

Tallyists:
Me
Charze
Pir8Heart
Ruby XIII
Crimson Penguin

Now then, to sign up all you have to do is post in the thread and ask and I'll send you the PM with your Pokemon. Signups are ALWAYS open, so feel free to join in anytime you want.

Warning:
If you don't participate for five rounds in row, you WILL be removed from the list. Your Pokemon WILL be discarded and if you wish to play again, please make post in the thread saying you wish to play again and you'll be sent 6 new Pokemon. However, if you alert me about a possible period of absence, I can hold your place for whatever time period you specify. If you do not participate for five rounds, you will be automatically dropped from the list, no questions asked.

Current Participants:
Recon
{(•)___(•)}
Crimson Penguin
Apollo77
Charze
Pir8Heart
Burakoru
Lunafloon (returning player)
Razor Leafeon
leafstormfire (returning player)
Matoro (returning player)
Shadow Eeveelution
WandererBeta
Josef Stylin
epic mew
CuriousHeartless (returning player)
dirkac (returning player)
jirachi9 (returning player)
Gryghaim (returning player)
BlazikenBlitz (returning player)
LitWicked
Toy Soldier Mafia
karl3550
Mug
Rayquaza is Green
Machamp-X
Sigh!

If your name is here, that means you have either sent me or CH a PM or VM or have announced about a possible period of absence in which you might not be able to participate in the game. Once your deadline is up, you will be subject to normal procedures.
Matoro
Pir8Heart

Last edited:

Recon

Thank you Skiyomi for the approval!

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
I shall join the game!

(If this is the 3rd generation of AtA, does that make me the grandmother of AtA?)

EDIT: I could also be a tallyer if you like. :)

Recon

I shall join the game!

(If this is the 3rd generation of AtA, does that make me the grandmother of AtA?)

EDIT: I could also be a tallyer if you like. :)

As an ex-owner, it is practically my duty to join. Can I be a tallyer?

How can I refuse the two previous owners, of course you two may.

I'll start the first round after I get at least two more people to join. Tell your friends!

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
Joining game.

If you need to, I could be a talliest, but It appears you've got a whole truckload of talliests already.

Recon

Alright, I'll get you three your Pokemon and we can start the first round!

Sign-ups are always open by the way, you'll just have to wait to the next round to join!

Also, I'm still looking for a co-owner, please see the specifics in the first post!

Recon

Is it too late to sign up?

You barely made the first round. Sit tight and I'll get you your Pokemon, then we may begin.

Edit: Spite, make room in your inbox.

Last edited:

Recon

Alright, I've sent everyone their Pokemon and now, looking at the size of the contestant pool, I've decided to add another tallyist. Since Nightfall_ asked first however, they get to be the new tallyist. So without further ado, let us commence with the first round of Apples to Apples: Pokéstlye! The adjective is...

Majestic!

Come on people, let's see those Pokemon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.