• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Appreciate the Little Things.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
There's a thread like this about the 3rd generation games. What are some of the small things about the game that you noticed and enjoyed?
I liked seeing the habitat of the Pokemon in the Pokedex.

Ivix_Kuroshu

<- Most Recent Shiny
I like how when you entered certain areas (Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, etc.) it showed a cool scene of that area. These were the first games to do this, right?

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I like the texture that you were able to hear when playing RSE and FrLg. Like when a pokemon did a move, you could "hear" the texture of the move

Lorde

Banned
I like how when you entered certain areas (Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, etc.) it showed a cool scene of that area. These were the first games to do this, right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that FireRed/LeafGreen were the first handheld Pokemon games to include a little cut-scene showing the area in detail. While I thought that the addition of those cut-scenes was cool, I really appreciated the music in these games a whole lot more. I was worried that the remixed tracks wouldn't retain the same feel as the originals, but they did and that made me love these games even more! I know most people don't care for Pokemon BGM, but I certainly do.

Alder

Come at me bro
I liked how the dialogue changed ever-so-slightly depending on the gender of your character.

Also, the way that female characters' text was pink and males' was blue made me smile when I noticed it

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked the "Previously on Your Quest" feature that would play whenever you started playing. Sometimes it got a little annoying, but most of the time I thought it was fun to see what you did last time you played.

Lorde

Banned
I liked the "Previously on Your Quest" feature that would play whenever you started playing. Sometimes it got a little annoying, but most of the time I thought it was fun to see what you did last time you played.

Yeah, that was a neat feature if you wanted to recall events from the past. I never found it useful though. It was just added to the games to make them different it seems. It did get annoying over time, but at least pressing the B button could make you skip it :p

when i 1st played LG it was the new spirits that really make me stop and think " wow they look cool"

Don't get me wrong, I like the sprites in FireRed/LeafGreen, but I don't think they're that great. Some of them just looked really stiff. If you compare the Kanto Pokemon sprites in R/S/E to the Kanto Pokemon sprites in FR/LG, you'll see what I mean.

Also, this is a really small feature, but did anyone like the help menu? I remember seeing it pop up when you started the game. I liked that since it helped clarify some of the aspects of the games for the newbies :]

SmartD

I like how when you enter a forest/cave/building they'll show a picture of it. And I like how when you use the itemfinder the arrows show up and point to the hidden item.

The features in FireRed and Leafgreen were really neat. First, I liked how the game showed a "past preview" of what you did when you last played in gray-scale. It gives a nice reminder of what I did and I can refresh my memory of my last gameplay.

I liked seeing the item icons when I selected one and I had a nice visual of how it looked. And when an item was used on a Pokemon, and it showed, that was neat too.

I also liked how there were image previews of some places like caves and forests. That was another good visual.

I could mention more, but I guess everything else in the game fascinated me.

DasBoot

I liked the 7 or.. 9 islands.

Also liked the preview of the place, like Viridian Forest, Rocket Base, etc.

Didn't Ruby and Sapphire and Emerald do that also?

Like someone said a couple posts above, I like how the color of the text is different between the male and female NPCs.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I really liked the Sevii islands. It was a really cool little bonus to have after you beat the game. :)

monkeybob34

The best deku scrub
I liked the inclusion of the sevii islands, because it was a nice little sidequest for the game. Mostly I enjoyed the vs. seeker, it made training pokemon before the e4 significantly easier.