• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Appreciate the Little Things.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
There's a thread like this about the 3rd generation games. What are some of the small things about the game that you noticed and enjoyed?
I liked seeing the habitat of the Pokemon in the Pokedex.

Ivix_Kuroshu

<- Most Recent Shiny
I like how when you entered certain areas (Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, etc.) it showed a cool scene of that area. These were the first games to do this, right?

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I like the texture that you were able to hear when playing RSE and FrLg. Like when a pokemon did a move, you could "hear" the texture of the move

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like how when you entered certain areas (Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, etc.) it showed a cool scene of that area. These were the first games to do this, right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that FireRed/LeafGreen were the first handheld Pokemon games to include a little cut-scene showing the area in detail. While I thought that the addition of those cut-scenes was cool, I really appreciated the music in these games a whole lot more. I was worried that the remixed tracks wouldn't retain the same feel as the originals, but they did and that made me love these games even more! I know most people don't care for Pokemon BGM, but I certainly do.

Alder

Come at me bro
I liked how the dialogue changed ever-so-slightly depending on the gender of your character.

Also, the way that female characters' text was pink and males' was blue made me smile when I noticed it

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked the "Previously on Your Quest" feature that would play whenever you started playing. Sometimes it got a little annoying, but most of the time I thought it was fun to see what you did last time you played.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked the "Previously on Your Quest" feature that would play whenever you started playing. Sometimes it got a little annoying, but most of the time I thought it was fun to see what you did last time you played.

Yeah, that was a neat feature if you wanted to recall events from the past. I never found it useful though. It was just added to the games to make them different it seems. It did get annoying over time, but at least pressing the B button could make you skip it :p

when i 1st played LG it was the new spirits that really make me stop and think " wow they look cool"

Don't get me wrong, I like the sprites in FireRed/LeafGreen, but I don't think they're that great. Some of them just looked really stiff. If you compare the Kanto Pokemon sprites in R/S/E to the Kanto Pokemon sprites in FR/LG, you'll see what I mean.

Also, this is a really small feature, but did anyone like the help menu? I remember seeing it pop up when you started the game. I liked that since it helped clarify some of the aspects of the games for the newbies :]

SmartD

I like how when you enter a forest/cave/building they'll show a picture of it. And I like how when you use the itemfinder the arrows show up and point to the hidden item.

The features in FireRed and Leafgreen were really neat. First, I liked how the game showed a "past preview" of what you did when you last played in gray-scale. It gives a nice reminder of what I did and I can refresh my memory of my last gameplay.

I liked seeing the item icons when I selected one and I had a nice visual of how it looked. And when an item was used on a Pokemon, and it showed, that was neat too.

I also liked how there were image previews of some places like caves and forests. That was another good visual.

I could mention more, but I guess everything else in the game fascinated me.

DasBoot

I liked the 7 or.. 9 islands.

Also liked the preview of the place, like Viridian Forest, Rocket Base, etc.

Didn't Ruby and Sapphire and Emerald do that also?

Like someone said a couple posts above, I like how the color of the text is different between the male and female NPCs.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I really liked the Sevii islands. It was a really cool little bonus to have after you beat the game. :)

monkeybob34

The best deku scrub
I liked the inclusion of the sevii islands, because it was a nice little sidequest for the game. Mostly I enjoyed the vs. seeker, it made training pokemon before the e4 significantly easier.