• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 10: XY022 - Fish the Golden Magikarp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It's not impossible that Clauncher bonds with the main cast and since Louden is old and his dream is (presumably) fulfilled, he’ll let it go with them. Turtwig also kind of had an owner.

This is what I see happening if Clauncher were to end up on the main cast (small chance though).

LizardonX

Banned
Corsola is so bland and boring and unsuitable for Serena.

Luvdisc all the way.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Serena catching a pokemon at all will be a blessing to me. Any of those theories I just read sound find to me as long as Serena gets something accomplished at the end of the day (or in this case, the episode).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
At least this is the first attempt she's ever made to catch a Pokemon...in 22 episode.

I don't consider it to be a capture attempt though; we know that she and the others are specifically searching for the Shiny Magikarp for Louden, so it's not like Serena will focus exclusively on getting Corsola in my opinion.

diakyu

I don't consider it to be a capture attempt though; we know that she and the others are specifically searching for the Shiny Magikarp for Louden, so it's not like Serena will focus exclusively on getting Corsola in my opinion.
I agree. I'm sure Ash and Clemont will catch other pokemon on the rods as well but toss them back in since they are not the Magikarp.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Completely agree on the entire Qwilfish position. The most it ever got was its battle at the Whirl Cup! :'(

I'm still adhering to the following capture rules:
- 1. Kalosian
- 2. Mega Evolution
- 3. Retyped Fairies

If it is none of the above, I don't want it caught. With the third only counting for rivals and gym leaders. Hence why I despise the idea of a gym leader suddenly getting an Onix - of all things - when Carbink or Binacle were available.. Or even Amaura.. Which the gym leader originally had.. (may still have though..

I know I wouldn't.. It would bypass all three of my rules as stated above! :S

Clauncher looks incredible. I'm still wondering if there isn't a minute chance of Serena obtaining Clauncher as a gift for possibly catching that Shiny Magikarp. Then there's still the fact that the fandom dislikes main characters being 'given'

As much as I would love for her or Clemont to get Clauncher, I really don't see it happening. Serena's first capture should be the highlight of the episode in which it happens IMO. Because it will be a big deal. I don't think this Clauncher is joining the main cast. But it would be a great addition.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Clauncher is too cool to not join the cast! For the love of Arceus let a Clauncher join the team, please writers PLEASE!!!
Let the pistol shrimp join the cast!!
Besides my ultimate fanboying of Clauncher, I'm glad we're now in Ambrette Town. It won't be long before we see Ash battle Grant in May.

sheld999

rather have ash get cluncher cause he seems to get the crab pokemon he has kingler and corphis why not cluncher to join the bunch...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
rather have ash get cluncher cause he seems to get the crab pokemon he has kingler and corphis why not cluncher to join the bunch...

Because then claunchler will also get the palitoad treatment and have it pokeball be covered in dust.

Because that Clauncher has an owner (Louden)? I don't see why Ash should get a Pokemon that already has a trainer. :x

Uh...Dawn's Togekiss? Not saying Ash or co. should have Clauncher nor do I think it'll likely happen but it's still entirely possible for a scenario where Clauncher could be given or traded (if Ash or co. have the Golden Magikarp and Louden wants it or something). Again, I am not exactly sure if we'll see a capture but having an owner doesn't necessarily mean off limits for a capture.

Anyway, speaking of Clauncher, it's looking really cool. Especially with what seems to be a potential Crabhammer attack. Really looking pretty awesome. It's cool to see everyone fishing. Not going to lie, even though it probably won't, Corsola with Serena would be interesting imo.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Because then claunchler will also get the palitoad treatment and have it pokeball be covered in dust.

Are we sure about that.

During BW Saga, the writers were too much focused on only giving Pikachu & the Starters the most of the screen-time (especially Oshawott), without giving them proper battles or developments.

But until now in the XY Saga, the focus has been pretty much neutral and mixed for all the pokemons (though like always Pikachu gets more share of it, which we can't do anything about).

Maybe the writers could do it differently this time and give a good amount of screen-time to all his pokemon (with proper battles) even if he catches multiple pokemons of the same type.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Uh...Dawn's Togekiss? Not saying Ash or co. should have Clauncher nor do I think it'll likely happen but it's still entirely possible for a scenario where Clauncher could be given or traded (if Ash or co. have the Golden Magikarp and Louden wants it or something). Again, I am not exactly sure if we'll see a capture but having an owner doesn't necessarily mean off limits for a capture.

Anyway, speaking of Clauncher, it's looking really cool. Especially with what seems to be a potential Crabhammer attack. Really looking pretty awesome. It's cool to see everyone fishing. Not going to lie, even though it probably won't, Corsola with Serena would be interesting imo.

This is a bit of a stretch.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Are we sure about that.

During BW Saga, the writers were too much focused on only giving Pikachu & the Starters the most of the screen-time (especially Oshawott), without giving them proper battles or developments.

But until now in the XY Saga, the focus has been pretty much neutral and mixed for all the pokemons (though like always Pikachu gets more share of it, which we can't do anything about).

Maybe the writers could do it differently this time and give a good amount of screen-time to all his pokemon (with proper battles) even if he catches multiple pokemons of the same type.
That's be perfect, though I'm not sure how they'd be able to do that after just coming out of BW. Maybe they could handle Ash's pokémon similar to how they handled his Sinnoh team by giving them training fillers and having more variety in his gym battles once his team gets bigger, but that's just my opinion

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Are we sure about that.

I don't really trust them to do that so I perdoanlly don't want to see any overlapping types. Give claunchler to serena or clemont.

This is a bit of a stretch.

I'm assuming you're referring to my first statement. If that's the case, how so? Looking at everything I've seen in the anime from the very beginning, it's really not impossible knowing that other, weirder or unexpected stuff have happened.

And like I said, I think a capture is unlikely in this episode. Unlikely does not equal impossible though. And knowing this show, expectations rarely equal reality so I really can't be 100% in my personal opinion.

Regardless of any chance of being captured/not being captured/etc., it doesn't change the fact that I think Clauncher looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to see it in action in the episode.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
People are predicting that Serena captured that hooked Corsola?..

*facepalm*

It's a fishing episode where their aim is to capture one specific Magikarp. They're going to hook and throw back multiple water type Pokemon before they get it..

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't really trust them to do that so I perdoanlly don't want to see any overlapping types. Give claunchler to serena or clemont.

I would have loved one of them to catch Clauncher. This could have been a comical capture episode if it was a fishing contest to catch Clauncher. Then Serena and Clemont can fight over who gets to keep it. Okay the last part wouldn't have happened but one of them should have gotten the king of crab/lobster Pokemon.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
People are predicting that Serena captured that hooked Corsola?..

*facepalm*

It's a fishing episode where their aim is to capture one specific Magikarp. They're going to hook and throw back multiple water type Pokemon before they get it..

Well after the episode "Gamagaru and Muggyo! Battle at the Waterfront!!", we can't be sure which episode could turn out to be a capture episode or not, so its obvious that people may make prediction like that, but whether it happens or not is other case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.