• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Since the magazine talked about Satoshi being shorthanded in strength and needing more partners, and drone Rotom being in the cast, maybe we'll see him lose at the start of the ep.

Though you'd think the summary would at least mention that so maybe it was just flavour text for the magazine.

That would be nice and at least sorta make up for three Vermillion PWC matches in a row! Hopefully they bump into a guy in the Hoenn episode(Houji pls) so there's at least some variety

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't like that this egg is special and will only hatch when Satoshi gets a hold of it since it's another one of those "chosen one" moments that we've seen too often in the anime. But at least here there will be some more continuity since Satoshi's aura powers will probably be what makes the egg hatch.

Rohanator

I don't like that this egg is special and will only hatch when Satoshi gets a hold of it since it's another one of those "chosen one" moments that we've seen too often in the anime. But at least here there will be some more continuity since Satoshi's aura powers will probably be what makes the egg hatch.
Unless it's some legendary egg that produces an unbeatable god of the verse who makes Satoshi a Pokemon Master I wouldn't say Satoshi being the most compatible person with it counts as a chosen one moment lol. It's gonna be his Pokemon so why shouldn't he have a special connection to it. There're probably other Riolu eggs out there that similarly choose their ideal partners. This is kinda like how Chimchar didn't work with Shinji but did with Satoshi.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Unless it's some legendary egg that produces an unbeatable god of the verse who makes Satoshi a Pokemon Master I wouldn't say Satoshi being the most compatible person with it counts as a chosen one moment lol. It's gonna be his Pokemon so why shouldn't he have a special connection to it. There're probably other Riolu eggs out there that similarly choose their ideal partners. This is kinda like how Chimchar didn't work with Shinji but did with Satoshi.
I think that is going not to be a happened any soon as much i love to wish that do happened...i think That New series will not do callback any DPt Arc's continuity only Kantou-jouto nod is allowed as gen 1 and 2 as most people who in mid -30s is now mom and dad to the generations of Kids who might be into POCKET MONSTERS.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

May I say I dislike the fact Dragonite seems to be used solely as a gag Pokemon in this episode and I'm also NOT happy that Pikachu is battling a Tauros. It better be a 2 vs 2.

Can Dragonite please get a battle, or are the writers implying that its just too powerful to casually use?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Riolu seems to be special... Would the Korrina episode be a hint that it will be Ash's first ME?

Please no.
Lucario is literally my number one favorite Pokemon but Charizard is the one that should Mega evolve first, not some newbie

LOL, I guess they're not wasting their time. Riolu will hatch within the same episode.

I mean, that was obvious?

dman_dustin

Will there be a separate preview for this episode?

In the preview we basically got Dragonite trying to hug the egg, Tauros and Pikachu battling and the egg hatching. There are scenes of Ash looking at the egg, in what seems to be him sensing something within the egg or otherwise Ash looks absolutely weird in those shots.

And Go trying to catch Exeggcute (or at least I assume he's going to catch it or try to anyway).

Not really all that exciting in my opinion, because I would've preferred Dragonite being used to battle, but apparently its too powerful.

Ultra Beast Lover

Only problem I have with this is that Ash will just send Riolu to a lab once this is all over, despite it choosing him as an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.