• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

Red and Blue

Seems odd that the egg is searching for a compatible partner but I guess they'll just justify it with lol aura. I'm just gonna try to enjoy Ash and Riolu before it becomes a Lucario and loses all sense of personality.
I don't find it odd at all. There are plenty of Pokemon who just wait for the right trainer like Ash's Froakie

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya unless the battle is 2 vs 2 I wouldn't get too excited about Dragonite battling here. Seems to be a Pikachu on hand sort of thing.

Master Pikachu 11

The summary says Nurse Joy gives Ash the egg, likely because he's only one who can hatch it.

It would be very weird for Go to throw a Poke ball at it under those conditions.
And to add to that the Scan highlighted that Ash was getting the egg and even brought up his current team members so since episode will mostly focus on Ash, he will most likely get the Pokémon that hatches without Go’s interference.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
HA I truly hated that, Ash did everything for the thing and even was the one who found it just because it saw Misty it wanted her. I hope they know never ever to pull that stunt again. This is a Pokemon I've waited forever for Ash to catch, its hinted in the preview that Ash is capturing it so no.
Today, I'm just happy Ash didn't catch togepi, considering what became of it (garanted Misty didn't do much with the thing, so it's totally her fault). At least, it's everything 99% pointing to Ash finally having a riolu. Just have the feeling that will eventually become his first mega too, if Korrina's appearance is any indication and riolu is watching the match.

I still think both situations are mutually the same. Riolu may have some awareness due to Aura and was waiting for a fellow Aura using trainer
I'm almost wishing that the Aura Kingdom or whatever was the name of that kingdom in Kanto was canon, so at least would explain why a riolu egg ended up there. Or it just was sent from region to region until arrive in Kanto.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm almost wishing that the Aura Kingdom or whatever was the name of that kingdom in Kanto was canon, so at least would explain why a riolu egg ended up there. Or it just was sent from region to region until arrive in Kanto.

I consider the 8th movie to be canon given the fact Ash recognized Aura Sphere and Lucario immediantly upon arriving in Veilstone city during DP

The summary does imply that the egg has been from region to region, and i'm truly wondering if it came from Kalos given the fact korrina is showing up soon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I consider the 8th movie to be canon given the fact Ash recognized Aura Sphere and Lucario immediantly upon arriving in Veilstone city during DP

The summary does imply that the egg has been from region to region, and i'm truly wondering if it came from Kalos given the fact korrina is showing up soon.
Wow. Egg didn't like her if it didn't hatch for her.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Riley failed
It pretty much is, it wasn't until BW that the movies started to be weird and questionable(Like the Victini one)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Wow. Egg didn't like her if it didn't hatch for her.
That explains why the gift lucario never was a thing in XY anime.

Riley failed
It pretty much is, it wasn't until BW that the movies started to be weird and questionable(Like the Victini one)
I swear, I never understood why Ash suddenly forgot the aura concept in the Iron Island when he pretty much recognized it in Veilstone and with the aura sphere riolu.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
Seems odd that the egg is searching for a compatible partner but I guess they'll just justify it with lol aura.

I think the writers are also trying to use this episode to introduce the concept of Pokemon Eggs to younger viewers. They probably had the idea of giving Satoshi a Riolu when they were planning this series, and decided to just lump it together with a Pokemon Egg focused episode to kill two birds with one stone.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think the writers are also trying to use this episode to introduce the concept of Pokemon Eggs to younger viewers. They probably had the idea of giving Satoshi a Riolu when they were planning this series, and decided to just lump it together with a Pokemon Egg focused episode to kill two birds with one stone.
Likely a explaining to younger generations.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
i hate to be that guy but i wont believe its riolu till i see it until than its going to be sobble for me, i believe current starter>riolu in terms of marketing its been teased in the same page as riolu all the marketing for Lucario can easily be Korrina's, also we saw a sobble in the previews but no riolu why hide a pokemon he owns but not a "future pokemon" of his, and last point i will make is the magazine at first made me believe the color of the egg was similar to riolu a bit darker but seeing the preview the color of the blue seems more in line with sobble

Status
Not open for further replies.