• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

What i dont understand is how is this his current team? In the previous regioms he was om ajourney theough that region and used those pokemon. This time he is challenging multiple people. These pokemon are just additions to his already existing team. There is no journey aspect in this series. Honestly writing ash as short handed is a kick in the nards for the reserves.

Red and Blue

Setting aside Ash getting an egg I forgot this is another Vermilion City episode. Kind of wish Ash hatched the egg in it's native region, lol

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Setting aside Ash getting an egg I forgot this is another Vermilion City episode. Kind of wish Ash hatched the egg in it's native region, lol
Oh god, pouring salt into the wound...

Not only does he get Riolu, the episode yet again takes place in Kanto. Oh my God.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love how a Gengar and Dragonite is shorthanded lol. Not to mention the strongest Chu that ever did Chu.

dman_dustin

What i dont understand is how is this his current team? In the previous regioms he was om ajourney theough that region and used those pokemon. This time he is challenging multiple people. These pokemon are just additions to his already existing team. There is no journey aspect in this series. Honestly writing ash as short handed is a kick in the nards for the reserves.

Journey doesn't imply actually physically traveling (or at least in these context; it shouldn't). The definition of "Journey" that should be applied here is: Passage or progress from one stage to another. Thus the journey aspect is building him up to the eventual destination (goal) of battling Leon.

I love how a Gengar and Dragonite is shorthanded lol. Not to mention the strongest Chu that ever did Chu.

In the context of comments like this, I'm pretty sure they want to primarily focus on brand new captures for Ash over old Pokemon. While after a year and half maybe, Ash might bring his old Pokemon back.

ShadowForce720

Wait I’m confused where was it confirmed that this episode is taking place in Vermillion City?As far as I know there is nothing that reveals where this episode is taking place.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Btw the series poster also hints at Snorlax and Talonflame coming back but that’s just my thoughts and I’m not gonna speculate any further.
I know it's just your thoughts but i think the Snorlax in the poster references the gigantamax episode and not Ash's Snorlax
See how big it is

About reserves, the only ones I think can return are Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Greninja. And probably only Greninja is going to stay
Come on it deserves justice, from Ash's post-OS aces, only Greninja lost in his last "official" battle

Sceptile: The only one to beat Tobias Darkrai, even if he lost to Latios it still counts
Infernape: Defeated his main rival, Electivire
Krookodile(if it is even an ace): Eliminated Stephan
Greninja: Lost to Charizard in the worst moment possible
Lycanroc/Incineroar: Both won, vs Gladion and Kukui

Wait I’m confused where was it confirmed that this episode is taking place in Vermillion City?As far as I know there is nothing that reveals where this episode is taking place.
It would be weird for Ash to get a Sinnoh pokémon in Vermilion, I think we are going there again

Red and Blue

The picture with Ash and the Egg seems like they are at the Institute. You may be right in that it could be a possible Nursery.

NeoDude-5000

Hmm Riolu, Tyrogue, Munchlax, and the other Galar starters? I have been seeing some Riolu merch in the pokemon speculation thread so it could be it. Munchlax to is very unlikely. Tyrogue if it happens we're all going to play "What's going to be?". But obviously I think it should be Grookey or Sobble, Ash needs to have one them for this series. In this case I'm going with team Sobble, he was my 2nd pick before it was revealed that Go's partner would be Scorbunny.

BabaVanga

Riolu. Yay.

I am so hyped for Ash to get yet another fan favorite powerhouse. Who needs fresh and original captures?
I'd personally be more hyped if he got a starter, regional bird, pseudo-legendary or shillmon like Toxel/Toxicrity, he literally never catches those.

Pteranodonte

Better now than have countless years more of guys pointless pointing "when will he have riolu/lucario?".
If he was going to get a Lucario he should have got one in DP. I am really tired of Lucario and Charizard overexposure, especially since each one is a copy paste of the last one seen. If they really want to give Ash a more original team I am the first to like the idea, but please don't give him the usual boring Pokèmon we have already seen 1000 times in the last year. I know that it is just an anime made to sell low quality toys to little children, but come on: try to be creative for once writers. And I am not the only one sick of seeing the same Pokèmon over and over again, always with the same "personality".

dman_dustin

Better now than have countless years more of guys pointless pointing "when will he have riolu/lucario?".

See I wish people had this mentality, if you don't like Ash with Lucario then it can simply "He's getting one, now all of you can shut up about it"

And we can potentially focus on other Pokemon or something instead of people wanting Lucario or complaining about people wanting Lucario.

Granted you probably will have to deal with the occasional "Will Ash bring back his Lucario?" but that tends to be once in a while sort of comment as opposed to "getting" a certain Pokemon.

If he was going to get a Lucario he should have got one in DP. I am really tired of Lucario and Charizard overexposure, especially since each one is a copy paste of the last one seen. If they really want to give Ash a more original team I am the first to like the idea, but please don't give him the usual boring Pokèmon we have already seen 1000 times in the last year. I know that it is just an anime made to sell low quality toys to little children, but come on: try to be creative for once writers. And I am not the only one sick of seeing the same Pokèmon over and over again, always with the same "personality".

As I said a long time ago (around Dragonite's capture, I think) on this topic (though perhaps not on these forums, I can't remember), no he shouldn't have gotten one in DP.

As I mentioned the idea of getting Ash a Riolu/Lucario must have been rejected by an executive producer, and no one could argue or protest or change things, it was decided.

They simply focused on it being about Ash's Infernape, taking into consideration of Gliscor and Gible, there really was no way to give Ash this Pokemon if a higher up said "Um....no"

It's that simple, this isn't simply he should've gotten back then, if the person who has the authority to decide it says no.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
See I wish people had this mentality, if you don't like Ash with Lucario then it can simply "He's getting one, now all of you can shut up about it"

And we can potentially focus on other Pokemon or something instead of people wanting Lucario or complaining about people wanting Lucario.

Granted you probably will have to deal with the occasional "Will Ash bring back his Lucario?" but that tends to be once in a while sort of comment as opposed to "getting" a certain Pokemon.
Don’t see why people can’t have both mentalities as if they’re exclusive to one another. And people will just move on to wanting Ash to get another Pokémon

Red and Blue

I would have liked Ash to have captured that Aura Sphere Riolu back in DP. It could have taken Gliscor's place, lol.

I'm not sure if it would have overshadowed Infernape or not. Unless they kept it unevolved

dman_dustin

Too Long Don't want to read, ignore my post, that's fine.

Don’t see why people can’t have both mentalities as if they’re exclusive to one another. And people will just move on to wanting Ash to get another Pokémon

Not sure what the two separate mentalities are here, as my comment was relating to the same type of mentality or an example of said mentality.

Do you mean the mentality of just shrugging off Ash getting Lucario (which was the primary mentality I was talking about) and the mentality of constantly complaining about how someone doesn't want Ash to get Lucario, every chance they get?

Because otherwise I'm not seeing two different mentalities here.

And if that is the case of (shrugging shoulders and moving on and complaining about something), I'm not saying people can't have these mentalities, it's just going to be (in my opinion) going to be infinitely more annoying to have to listen to complaints, and sometimes it gets even worse like with Youtube and lots of comments when it becomes more about "Complaining about complainers" which thankfully due to the small traffic here, it can't quite reach that levels of bad, that you just see mostly people complaining about people complaining, which gets annoying when it overshadows the complaints, right now it's pretty even for "Ash getting Lucario" "I don't want Ash to get Lucario"

I'm just saying the silver lining is that people can finally shut up about Ash getting Lucario for those who dislike Lucario. And for those that who like Lucario with Ash......Lucario with Ash. I'm just pointing out how fruitless excessive complaints are, you don't like Ash with Lucario, okay fair enough, but outside of JUST that, what does it matter? Is really hoping the egg turns out to be Sobble going to change it or was it Sobble to begin with for example?

Because at least this series would've proven one thing at least: If Ash doesn't get a specific past generation Pokemon now, he's never going to get it, the exception MIGHT be regional variants, but outside of that, all hope is lost. For example outside of a regional variant, I don't think Ash will ever get Golett/Golurk, and that makes me sad because its description (Golurk) made sense for it to be Ash. Any of the Pokemon Go caught, Ash will never catch, again outside of regional variants.

So hypothetically speaking, if Ash doesn't get Riolu/Lucario, this series is saying "Ash will NEVER get a Riolu/Lucario" unless its a regional variant.

I already have to give up believing Ash will get a Phantump, since it doesn't suit this new Ash, it's too late for that, and even if somehow Ash does get Phantump and evolves it, I just have no faith of it actually happening. All I can hope for at this point, which will probably never happen is Ash getting Impidimp and evolving all the way to a Grimmsnarl.

I can settle for Corviknight, I guess, but that's not looking likely either, and god knows what they will actually give Ash in terms of 8th generation that isn't even a starter, because the starters aren't looking good. Not saying Ash can't (or I wouldn't want Ash) to get Rillaboom or Inteleon but it is technically an easy boring choice, it just would ultimately mean they've concluded that Ash will never get anything else in 8th generation.

All I can really look forward to captures is Pokemon like Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu/Lucario, perhaps even Tyranitar/Garchomp (Gible evolving all the way)/Chandelure (maybe). I don't know. Who knows what Ash is getting after the egg hatched Pokemon. And if it's not Riolu/Lucario and its a Sobble, then what? Riolu/Lucario end up on Go's team, and we're back to nothing again with Ash except having to wait until his magical egg hatched Sobble somehow quickly evolves into Intelleon, which I don't know if it makes any sense to be honest.

I just don't know, since 5th generation (Golett/Golurk), Ash has never really caught Pokemon that I really wanted. Riolu/Lucario was 4th generation but I gave up on it, Black 2 White 2 gave me hope but then they crapped on that idea by giving it to a character I despise (not because they had it but for everything else wrong with it, Riolu/Lucario was just icing on the cake, I could live with icing on the cake and be fine if the cake wasn't just constantly infuriating), but the point is that killed any hope I had of Ash getting Riolu/Lucario because they focused more on current generation Pokemon concepts.

So I'm....happy enough that Ash MIGHT get Riolu/Lucario......finally.....but I just overall don't care (only because I had to dwell on this at the moment which is depressing me), because at the end of the day the Pokemon I really want Ash to have just aren't going to happen, and I have to settle for less because that's how things are.

I just have to shrug my shoulders and hope everything else is fun and exciting. And I don't even know what 9th generation will look like. Do I even want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.