• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. D. Guy

I think the lack of direct acknowledgment of Cameron is part of the humor of how people see BW in general though I do agree it gets overblown but not to the point where he’s being treated like Hitler. I’m indifferent to him but I still find it funny how he’s treated as some big blemish on the anime despite being a innocent person.
I just don't think the Black and White Anime hate is funny, is all.

And I also think that this particular expression of hate againt Cameron skews too real-world in one of the worsts ways possible, which is why I find it to be creepy. (I did mention that non-personing those who could be considered to deserve it in real life is a thing, but this concept of non-personing and othering is also applied in many circumstances to those in real life who do not deserve it and are explicitly oppressed by it. That alone only exacerbates how unsettling its practice here is.)

Iris has it even worse than Cameron, sadly just because she called Ash a kid lol.
Iris has it super bad. But Iris usually isn't non-personed and othered like Cameron often is, and there are typically posters willing to be level and even with regards to Iris's character or who are even willing to defend her. Cameron doesn't really get this.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
while there is a high chance it might be a riolu i dont want to rule out the other choices, the only ones im ruling out are munchlax because ash has snorlax and grookey because of the egg not matching its color...obviously sobble and riolu are blue but i want to throw in this twist that tyrogue is blue when it is a shiny

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I just don't think the Black and White Anime hate is funny, is all.

And I also think that this particular expression of hate againt Cameron skews too real-world in one of the worsts ways possible, which is why I find it to be creepy. (I did mention that non-personing those who could be considered to deserve it in real life is a thing, but this concept of non-personing and othering is also applied in many circumstances to those in real life who do not deserve it and are explicitly oppressed by it. That alone only exacerbates how unsettling its practice here is.)

Iris has it super bad. But Iris usually isn't non-personed and othered like Cameron, and there are typically posters willing to be level with regards to Iris or even defend her. Cameron doesn't really get this.
Eh I don’t hate BW but I think it’s funny at times. Again I don’t think the general distasteful attitude most have about Cameron’s inclusion is comparable to irl people. The hatred towards him gets overboard, yes, but I don’t think this necessarily correlated to how people act towards actual people. Let’s just agree to disagree though I understand where you’re coming from and agree for the most part

Garbodor.

Given the history of Ash and his Aura powers in the past, I really can't wait to see his dynamic with Riolu and lucario. Lets hope the writers do something amazing with Ash's Aura powers. I am quite happy Ash seems to be catching many Pokemon relatively early on. I am hoping for all of his team to get good character development and screen time. Loving the way things are going for Ash at the moment.

J. D. Guy

Like Hitler? Ok, drama queen.

Read up on WWII dude... Is this kind of nonsense even allowed here?
I'm not the one going so far as to metastasize hatred of a character to such a degree. Those who do so are doing so as if their objects of hate are real, living people. (How else would one reason holding fast to such pretty, misaimed grudges?) It seems I'm the only one who realizes or even notices the connotations of harboring hate as if towards a real person who would actually warrant those feelings.

Trying to downplay my insight on the unfortunate matter at hand is disingenous.

while there is a high chance it might be a riolu i dont want to rule out the other choices, the only ones im ruling out are munchlax because ash has snorlax and grookey because of the egg not matching its color...obviously sobble and riolu are blue but i want to throw in this twist that tyrogue is blue when it is a shiny
I feel those other choices are red herrings, but we shall see.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm not the one going so far as to metastasize hatred of a character to such a degree. Those who do so are doing so as if their objects of hate are real, living people. (How else would one reason holding fast to such pretty, misaimed grudges?) It seems I'm the only one who realizes or even notices the connotations of harboring hate as if towards a real person who would actually warrant those feelings.

Trying to downplay my insight on the unfortunate matter at hand is disingenous.
You’re free to think what you want but I’m not downplaying your perspective because I disagree. I just don’t want to delve into the psyche of people because of their opinions on him. I’m not keeping this conversation going any further about the hatred of a fictional character that has little to do with the topic of the thread.

J. D. Guy

Eh I don’t hate BW but I think it’s funny at times. Again I don’t think the general distasteful attitude most have about Cameron’s inclusion is comparable to irl people. The hatred towards him gets overboard, yes, but I don’t think this necessarily correlated to how people act towards actual people. Let’s just agree to disagree though I understand where you’re coming from and agree for the most part

As I see it, the act of overblowing it far from the realms of porportion is what causes/opens the doors to the correlation of how people can and do treat others in real life. By doing so, they equate these fictional characters as real people beyond the point of expectancy, and that's how the unfortunate implications begin to settle in.

That said, I do wish to say that I very much appreciate your even-toned and respectful takes in response to my insight, regardless of disagreements or disconnects in opinions. So thank you. :)

You’re free to think what you want but I’m not downplaying your perspective because I disagree. I just don’t want to delve into the psyche of people because of their opinions on him. I’m not keeping this conversation going any further about the hatred of a fictional character that has little to do with the topic of the thread.
I was responding to the other poster in that post; sorry if I wasn't clear.

Last edited:

Jibanyan

Iris has it super bad. But Iris usually isn't non-personed and othered like Cameron often is, and there are typically posters willing to be level and even with regards to Iris's character or who are even willing to defend her. Cameron doesn't really get this.

Lol Cameron isn't real. People defend Iris because she is more of a character than Cameron and has more development and depth. Cameron is just some annoying idiot, nobody really hates Cameron, we just think he is a bad character.

Garbodor.

A strong theory going around is that the colour of the eggs now match the Kilo-meter number as seen in Go. The blue egg is a 10km egg, meaning if the anime is indeed going by the Go classification (which seems to be the case), then this almost confirms this egg to hold a Riolu.

Red and Blue

A strong theory going around is that the colour of the eggs now match the Kilo-meter number as seen in Go. The blue egg is a 10km egg, meaning if the anime is indeed going by the Go classification (which seems to be the case), then this almost confirms this egg to hold a Riolu.
Yeah and it was basically spoiled to be Riolu yesterday through a children's book

J. D. Guy

Lol Cameron isn't real. People defend Iris because she is more of a character than Cameron and has more development and depth. Cameron is just some annoying idiot, nobody really hates Cameron, we just think he is a bad character.
None of these characters are real, though. My point is that they are being elevated as real and being applied real-world things that go beyond what is expected of fictionl characters. Since the elevation is via hate and the things are stuff like non-personing, that is how it becomes unsettling.

The other stuff is neither here nor there. And I wish it came off feeling that innocuous in practice.

Just gonna drop this here

0OPf7qy.jpg
Random Ditto is random. And it implies that Ditto may be a Gengar situation. There's a good chance now that we haven't seen the last of it.

Also, Mimey is part of Ash's current team reiterated and Riolu pretty much confirmed. (I do feel those other choices from the scan were simply red herrings for funsies' sake.)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's either Riolu or the Galar starters. They really can't have Ash without a Galar starter this long. Though, I'll be shocked and pleasantly thankful if it's Riolu.

I hope it's Grookey, since Ash is too bad for Sobble.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

This. So much

Also important to note Iris was part of the main cast while Cameron lasted for just a few episodes. I wouldn't even call him a recurring character as the total amount of his appearances is, what, 6 episodes?

There's more to it. The way he beat Ash was kind of trollish. Using 5 mons against 6 only for his Riolu/Lucario to take out three of Ash's mons. That's borderline Tobias if you ask me. At least in case of Tobias it was understandable since he was using mythical/legendary mons. What I really find weird is that most people who hate him don't have any problem with his Riolu/Lucario.

This. So much

Also important to note Iris was part of the main cast while Cameron lasted for just a few episodes. I wouldn't even call him a recurring character as the total amount of his appearances is, what, 6 episodes?

That's quite enough to call him recurring. We have had recurring characters who only appeared for a couple of episodes. Won't you consider Duplica recurring?

Status
Not open for further replies.