• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

I feel like it will evolve in the same episode. I know it sounds not good, but look at Dragonite

I feel like it will evolve in the same episode. I know it sounds not good, but look at Dragonite

This is actually very possible considering the speed at which this series thumps along as well as the merchandise. Both of those indicate that the evolution might come quicker than we expect

D

Deleted member 384931

This is actually very possible considering the speed at which this series thumps along as well as the merchandise. Both of those indicate that the evolution might come quicker than we expect
Besides all his Pokémon are alreadt full evolved

After all these years of teasing us looks like Ash will finally get a Riolu and evolve it to Lucario. After not getting 1 in Kalos when Mega Lucario was introduced I lost all hope. Since it appears to start off as a baby that leaves lots of room to grow. Thats my 1 gripe about Gengar and Dragonite, since they're already fully evolved it seems like they can only grow so much, at least imo.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Maylene, Cameron, Korrina, Kukui: "Come... come join us Ash. Come have a Lucario on your team just like us."

Ash: "Yes, I think I shall."

It would be a good reason to bring Korrina or Kukui back.

Ash is really getting some powerhouses this Generation.

I do confess I kinda like he's focusing more in previous gen mons by now. It kinda gives him something more singular to work than focus in the current gen only. I do hope that, after riolu, he goes for pokemon of other gens than Kanto, though.

If the july merchandising is true, it implies dragonite and riolu will be in a double battle in july. Probably by that time.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Riolu and becoming Lucario super fast...meh. I could take it or leaves. As usual not a fan of Satoshi getting nothing but broken shillmons with no work. Makes the goal and journey aspect of his character feel a bit hollow. Whipping out a freshly caught Gengar to destroy Bisces’ Raichu so flawlessly and quickly. It was cool but that’s all I’m left with. Kairyu was cool and exciting during the Raid Battle. They’re certainly cool to watch but I don’t feel much of anything aside from likeness of them being cool species of Pokémon.

Anyway the idea of potential mentions of hadou/wave/aura are interesting, I suppose PM will want to establish that in its own way. They even went to the trouble of having Riolu hatch from an egg like a real baby Pokémon. So staying authentic to Pokémon lore thus far, I don’t expect much regarding Satoshi’s own hadou more just general “I feel your hadou too!” kind of ambiguous maybe or maybe not type continuity. I like Lucario as a species but I’ve seen enough of to last quite some time, plus more Aura Sphere/Bone Rush.

Not sure else to say, he’s getting a new Pokémon and that’s nice but I’m honestly not too much jumping for joy over the premise of this episode. Hopefully they go for a more unconventional persona for this Lucario. I’m finding myself more painfully ambivalent to this entire event, not loving it and jumping for joy like I did over Kairyu or necessarily disliking it. His captures so far still feel pretty fresh after all and lack developments. There is a bit of residual disappointment over dangling Galarian Starters right there too so they’re aware of the dragged out debuts.

Kudos to PM if they can do this affair justice and make it feel satisfying, super open to changing perspective if it delivers.

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Yeah I am on the team that Mimie is a reserve pokemon. I think Ash will have 5 pokemon. (Pika, Gengar, Dragonite, Lucario, and Grookie.) With its 6 slot being his reserves.

game3524

Not sure else to say, he’s getting a new Pokémon and that’s nice but I’m honestly not too much jumping for joy over the premise of this episode. Hopefully they go for a more unconventional persona for this Lucario.

Yeah, my fear is Riolu turns out to be a serious battle bot, which isn't interesting to watch. Especially in this series in which one of the strengths is how lively the Pokemon as a whole are. If they are sticking with the standard "serious" Riolu/Lucario schtick, hopefully it is the "straight" man to Dragonite, Gengar, and Pikachu more comical personas.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
can’t believe i’d ever see the day where i am disappointed to see ash catch dragonite/gengar/lucario

it all just feels so unearned and forced
care to elaborate? he bonded and trained with dragonair before it evolved. has ash done this before? yes he has

With gengar he battled it in previous episodes and during the capture episode he bonded with it and made gengar feel appreciated gee i wonder if ash ever did this before, yes he has

we cannot say anything about riolu because we havent seen the episode yet

Status
Not open for further replies.