• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
We don't know how Pokemon eggs work, it might entirely possible for it survive on solar energy for example, or put itself into a heightened hibernation until it detects what it wants in its trainer.

Except its not, and yes everyone else can be Mediocre, it might not just be simply Aura, which we already know Ash's Aura matches that of Aura users (meaning Ash either is prodigy or it represents his potential), but not only that it could be because of who Ash is.

Obviously the egg wouldn't hatch for someone like Paul (prior to the end of the DP series) being likely able to detect Paul's training method. Do you want to hatch to someone who cares more about training you and not caring about your other needs, while also being trigger happy of releasing you if you don't perform well. Would you want to hatch to Paul knowing likely you'd get released if you didn't perform well, or do you want to hatch to someone like Ash who will actually care about you.

Riolu does evolve by happiness level, and if it evolves fast we can guess why, because its Ash. That's at least something Ash is abundant in is his bond with his Pokemon (like Ash-Greninja), and other characters we've seen haven't really been equal to Ash, he's rather edged out on a lot of his companions. The peak being Ash-Greninja of course, when Froakie chose Ash. So this is like Froakie but as someone said just egg form, and if I remember correctly Froakie hatched with other Froakie, so that definitely could be why Froakie hatched while Riolu didn't, obviously there wasn't a lot of Riolu/Lucario to warrant hatching.

For the love of Arceus, people.

LARVITAR was AFFECTED BY THE OUTSIDE BEFORE IT HATCHED which was the ENTIRE point of its character/existence.

It didn't just magically decide to be broken in comparison to other Pokemon who've hatched.
You and I both know that the majority of trainers are not like Paul. Never mind that a lot of people complain about 90% of trainers outside of evil team are decent human beings who treats their Pokemon well and is generally well liked by their Pokemon. Ash was never the outliers in how he interacts and treats his Pokemon in fact there's nothing special about it. Its people like Damian, Shamus, and Paul that are the exception to the rule and with the exception of Paul for whatever reason, all of them are treated with contempt for their treatment of Pokemon. So yes, I find it incredibly strange how it didn't hatch yet and yes Larvitar was just as bizarre to me. I might rewatch that episode to get a better understanding.

Ultra Beast Lover

Perhaps Riolu is looking for a specific aura. Remember, the DP Riolu had I think it was the same aura as Ash. Don't remember if they said it was unique to one person but it might not even be that it wants the same aura but rather one that's very close to its own.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We don't know how Pokemon eggs work, it might entirely possible for it survive on solar energy for example, or put itself into a heightened hibernation until it detects what it wants in its trainer.

Except its not, and yes everyone else can be Mediocre, it might not just be simply Aura, which we already know Ash's Aura matches that of Aura users (meaning Ash either is prodigy or it represents his potential), but not only that it could be because of who Ash is.

Obviously the egg wouldn't hatch for someone like Paul (prior to the end of the DP series) being likely able to detect Paul's training method. Do you want to hatch to someone who cares more about training you and not caring about your other needs, while also being trigger happy of releasing you if you don't perform well. Would you want to hatch to Paul knowing likely you'd get released if you didn't perform well, or do you want to hatch to someone like Ash who will actually care about you.

Riolu does evolve by happiness level, and if it evolves fast we can guess why, because its Ash. That's at least something Ash is abundant in is his bond with his Pokemon (like Ash-Greninja), and other characters we've seen haven't really been equal to Ash, he's rather edged out on a lot of his companions. The peak being Ash-Greninja of course, when Froakie chose Ash. So this is like Froakie but as someone said just egg form, and if I remember correctly Froakie hatched with other Froakie, so that definitely could be why Froakie hatched while Riolu didn't, obviously there wasn't a lot of Riolu/Lucario to warrant hatching.

For the love of Arceus, people.

LARVITAR was AFFECTED BY THE OUTSIDE BEFORE IT HATCHED which was the ENTIRE point of its character/existence.

It didn't just magically decide to be broken in comparison to other Pokemon who've hatched.
It’s not that serious lmao. And I wasn’t saying I had anything wrong with it. It’s just funny how this is what crosses the boundary of being too illogical for some people.

dman_dustin

Edit: * SIGH * I remember when these forums had good quoting/replying mechanics, I'm never getting used to these weird illogical mechanics.

You and I both know that the majority of trainers are not like Paul.
That wasn't really my point though. I was even saying something like May, Misty, Brock, Cilan, Iris, Kiawe, Lillie, etc, etc, while they do like their Pokemon and wouldn't mistreat them, they still don't quite match with Ash and his love for Pokemon, if at the very least Ash tends to like all Pokemon regardless, while the other trainers have shown their likes and dislikes, etc, etc, etc. Like May didn't really like Pokemon but she grew up to like Pokemon, Ash didn't need that. Go really likes Pokemon but he obviously can't raise them "Raboot" so clearly Ash just stands out. Ash is unique in that he likes to battle and he cares for Pokemon, and all kinds, he's really unique in that field. Such as Sun and Moon, when Ash would protect Nebby and Poipole, from Gladion since Gladion hated Ultra Beasts, or like how suggested they take care of Naganadel when Gladion was more interested in following Lunala/Solgaleo (or whatever it was).

That's what my point was, Ash just stands out, and even if there are trainers similar to Ash, he just edges out over them, maybe not a LARGE WIDE margin but he still has an edge on most trainers we see.

And it could even be as simple as the trainers being like Youngster Joey, clearly in that case, Joey doesn't have the ability to bring out Riolu's potential as much as Ash does (for example).

Yes, we know. That happened. But that doesn't mean it's supposed to be like that either.
I literally don't see why since I'm pretty sure on a superficial level, real life eggs do respond to stimuli (edit: Heat for example), and even theories are that the outside affect fetuses, like the whole let the baby listen to classical music to get an Einstein. This is just a heightened degree level of that.

Plus this is RIOLU not a Rock/Ground Pokemon. If it somehow didn't make sense for a Rock/Ground Pokemon, how can you argue it doesn't make sense for a Pokemon that relates to Aura?

Otherwise, recently, we could have had an Aqua Armor; the progenitor of Thunder Armor.
You mean counter shield? Or the fact Greninja surrounded itself in water, because it didn't master its Ash-Greninja form, thus couldn't turn that excess water into a giant shuriken yet. Because I fail to see your point.

Last edited:

World Turtle

Over the years I've seen plenty of chosen one tropes for Ash because he's the MC but a Pokemon not being born because everyone else is mediocre compared to Ash in some manner is beyond absurd. Here's another, everyone is capable of aura(its life energy) just like everyone can train to be Psychic. Aura for some strange reason is a lost art.

Iirc wasn’t Ash’s aura like a blaze of fire compared to everyone else in the room?

Everyone has aura, but Ash’s aura is certainly unique.

B Rabbit

Complaining about the show talking about Go metrics when the anime is just one big advertisement is silly lol.

Plus the boys are looking for wild eggs, not breeders. Which iirc we have never really seen wild Pokemon eggs just lying about. Plus this is a childrens anime. They don't want Pokemon eggs lying about all over the place and having to explain the mechanics of breeding.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Complaining about the show talking about Go metrics when the anime is just one big advertisement is silly lol.

Plus the boys are looking for wild eggs, not breeders. Which iirc we have never really seen wild Pokemon eggs just lying about. Plus this is a childrens anime. They don't want Pokemon eggs lying about all over the place and having to explain the mechanics of breeding.
Ash’s Noibat/Noivern’s Egg was just left lying in the forest

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
"Go is really interested in them, having never seen one before, and he and Satoshi immediately go searching for one, but they're not that easy to find"
***** please, we just gonna ignore all the daycares and the fact Ash literally tripped over Noibat's? Every saga since Johto's had at least one egg in it lol

I love the TRio but thank god they aren't here, I'm glad we're finally getting an Ash capture episode without them. And looks like Dragonite finally gets to battle too, though yet another Vermillion PWC opponent *sigh*

Nikinini

Did the other protagonist named "Go", the Pokedex that rates catches, and the fact his captures are 95% simple Poke Ball throws not tip you off a bit.

...Never mind the fact eggs suddenly aren't easy to find. Did Prof. Elm not lay the groundwork in this universe or what?
I wasn't talking about the anime as a whole, just the egg thing.

Eggs have never been easy to find in the anime. And even if they were, the change has nothing to do with Pokemon Go as eggs aren't hard to find there.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think Riolu will hatch after Ash's battle. Maybe the whole "Ash has aura thing" will be only implicit rather than spelled. As in, Ash will battle as usual while the egg is around and with Ash's intense love for pokémon and battles, Riolu will get feel his and hatch.

dman_dustin

I wasn't talking about the anime as a whole, just the egg thing.

Eggs have never been easy to find in the anime. And even if they were, the change has nothing to do with Pokemon Go as eggs aren't hard to find there.

I mean we could look at it like this:

1. The summary wasn't qualifying breeders for obvious reasons. Chickens can be hard to find in the wild, that fact doesn't change JUST because you specifically went to a chicken farm, as that's an obvious outlier that shouldn't be taken into consideration (and yes I'm ignoring the fact I was said found in the wild while a chicken farm isn't the wild, but that just adds to my point).

2. Even in the games, the only way to get eggs is by being given eggs or by creating eggs yourself. Even if you take into consideration of potential fan games, those eggs have to be programmed so a little bit different than the anime, but presumably you could only get eggs in very specific instances, I very much doubt outside of extreme randomized programming you easily get games.

3. Compare that to the anime where NOIBAT really was the ONLY egg that was found in the wild and randomly (not counting Manaphy, since I'm not sure how to qualify that, as it is a movie egg and even different than generic eggs, I don't know if it qualifies as a normal egg or an egg shaped stasis of some some kind).

Speaking of Noibat's egg, I've always imagined some dude who dropped the egg, and when he discovered he lost it, only to go back to it and found it missing, hopefully he's fine with it going to Ash, not directly knowing, but being like "Well it likely hatched, here's hoping it went to a good person or its having fun in the wild"

4. The summary adds to the claim that eggs are hard to come by, given that the example in the summary is an example of an obvious outlier as Ash is GIVEN the egg BY a person which doesn't detract from "Eggs are hard to come by" because it qualifies as an outlier. In other words Noibat is the ONLY truly wild egg that was found. Even Larvitar's egg which ordinarily would have been a wild egg got outlier treatment by being given to Ash by Professor Elm. And as for Manaphy, even if we call it a wild egg, I still don't know how a Manaphy egg can even exist, and feels a lot more like regression or stasis, and as such I can't determine if it truly is wild or actually legendary specific outlier, given that Phione is a thing that exists. But let's assume its a real egg, then that would still only be two eggs out of how many eggs in the anime we've gotten that were truly wild. That's not a lot by any means.

And obvious outliers cannot be included because they are outliers and thus cannot be counted here. That being said since Ash is being given an egg, as an outlier example of an egg that is hard to come by, I suppose you could argue that outliers should qualify here, but I would assume the summary means that you actively have to go to a breeder in order find an egg, if you were that curious but the POINT was more about wild eggs, but since those truly are hard to come by, they at least got to see the outlier of one being taken care of by Nurse Joy which they may have only known by actively looking for any egg.

So if you want to count the summary for being ridiculous, I guess you can, but I think the point is that since this is an outlier it doesn't count and thus they were forced to go to an outlier to just see an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.