• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

3rd Rotom Drone in a row, huh? Interesting

Two actually, or 3 in 4. Ditto episode didn't have Drone Rotom. I wonder if all these battles will be 2v2 or if they'll just show a short clip of the ending of the battle

ShadowForce720

Two actually, or 3 in 4. Ditto episode didn't have Drone Rotom. I wonder if all these battles will be 2v2 or if they'll just show a short clip of the ending of the battle

From what it looks like the battle in episode 20 is a 1vs1 so they probably aren’t all going to be 2vs2.

This is just a thought but maybe when it comes to battle formats in the Normal Class the highest they go is 2vs2 or 3vs3.

Red and Blue

If the WC battle happens in the middle of the episode I could see the Egg getting lost while Ash was focusing on the match. Maybe a wild Pokemon like Ekans steals it

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You guys here at these forums are just ridiculous with the nitpicking I swear. The summary excites me. It confirms the egg wasn't hatching coz it wasn't held by an aura user, which supports continuity that ash has aura. Also a PWC match with dragonite, yayy. This episode excites me since I always wanted ash to have a riolu.

Ultra Beast Lover

You guys here at these forums are just ridiculous with the nitpicking I swear. The summary excites me. It confirms the egg wasn't hatching coz it wasn't held by an aura user, which supports continuity that ash has aura. Also a PWC match with dragonite, yayy. This episode excites me since I always wanted ash to have a riolu.
Ash better remember aura or at least not be surprised when someone explains it. I loved that part about his character, it made me happy when he consistently remembered aura.

Not sure what else to say, I'm looking forward to the episode.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

You get used. The actual episode can actually be as simple as the summary implies, though.

When will these idiots learn Flame Body is a miracle worker.
They remembered it in XY, but forgotten after that.

Rohanator

Most of Riolu's Dex entries talk about how it can sense people's emotions in the form of auras, pretty sure this is a reference to that, it's waiting for the goodest boy to pick it up. Hatching might get triggered by Satoshi doing some usual reckless move to protect it or something.

Cool idea, iirc we haven't had a "Mon chooses trainer" story in the form of an egg before, and Riolu is one of the Mons it actually makes some sense to do it with, it can't literally see what's outside but it can see/sense auras. I like how this series utilizes established Pokedex lore more often.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Most of Riolu's Dex entries talk about how it can sense people's emotions in the form of auras, pretty sure this is a reference to that, it's waiting for the goodest boy to pick it up. Hatching might get triggered by Satoshi doing some usual reckless move to protect it or something.

Cool idea, iirc we haven't had a "Mon chooses trainer" story in the form of an egg before, and Riolu is one of the Mons it actually makes some sense to do it with, it can't literally see what's outside but it can see/sense auras. I like how this series utilizes established Pokedex lore more often.
That do make sense to me as well .

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

These babies are getting too smart. I'm scared.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm not going to question the logic on how Riolu doesn't starve in the egg even with the egg nutrients because honestly finding all the biology, chemistry, and physics problems with this anime would take way too long and I much rather answer emails from my idiot students.

Red and Blue

Since Dragonite is appearing I wonder if it will be the big brother to Riolu instead of Pikachu? Would be funny if that role went to Gengar

World Turtle

Same, especially since its played into how Ash got Dragonite and Gengar and now Riolu. I'm looking forward to seeing who they do next.

Since Dragonite is appearing I wonder if it will be the big brother to Riolu instead of Pikachu? Would be funny if that role went to Gengar

Funny enough, with how this series has been pulling from lore I was actually thinking Dragonite and Gengar could become big bros to Dreepy if Ash caught it. "If this weak Pokémon is by itself, a mere child could defeat it. But if Dreepy has friends to help it train, it can evolve and become much stronger." Who better to train Dreepy then the original Dragon and Ghost types of the franchise?

Given how affectionate Dragonite is, it being the "babysitter" makes sense.

Rohanator

Since the magazine talked about Satoshi being shorthanded in strength and needing more partners, and drone Rotom being in the cast, maybe we'll see him lose at the start of the ep.

Though you'd think the summary would at least mention that so maybe it was just flavour text for the magazine.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Since the magazine talked about Satoshi being shorthanded in strength and needing more partners, and drone Rotom being in the cast, maybe we'll see him lose at the start of the ep.

Though you'd think the summary would at least mention that so maybe it was just flavour text for the magazine.

I honestly look at this as more like an odd language translation. I think they are just pointing to the fact that he only has three pokemon on hand. The fact that Ash travels all over the known / past regions would be more entertaining to see reserves. If they do some sort of grand world tournaments in each region, I could see reserves being used in their respective regions. I think they've been purposely giving Ash kanto pokemon so that there could be some fresh faces along with the main other three. I'd love to see a 6 vs 6 of Pikachu, Charizard, Dragonite, Bulbasaur, Gengar and Squirtle vs Leon's Team. Idk, unless the kanto team would be the actual kanto caught pokemon with Dragonite and Gengar being part of the new region's cast of pokemon.

Also, I'd rather Go be the one to challenge the gyms. It would be great if Ash doesn't battle them...

Also, I am hoping for Sobble or Riolu for Ash. I love Grookey, but think they'd want Ash to have a water starter this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.