• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why do people like Gible so much? I dont get it
It’s a cool yet underutilized Pokémon and the base stage of arguably the most popular pseudo legendary that’s the ace of arguably the most popular champion.

But I get it’s not everyone’s preference. I’ve never understood the appeal of Lucario in a similar fashion.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Damn I so sick and tired of Lucario. They have been feeding our throats with jackal every generation since DP era and now here we go again.
The major problem was that it always was a foe to beat against Ash and the execution was poorly done compared to DP's two times. Unova did it the worst way possible, Kalos did it annoying, and Alola you could totally tell they absolutely had to make sure to show it so they inserted it into the last person you'd never think would have one (...that being said, it's a bit incredible they just didn't give it to Gladion like how he has one in the games, but I guess that weird Lycanroc change (which ended up affecting Olivia's on the side) took priority).

Now, though, Ash can raise his own and it's not going to be a waste. (...But once again, figures the next returning character after Lance is freakin' Korrina, so I totally agree they're shoving Lucario a bit too much with her around now.)

World Turtle

It’s a cool yet underutilized Pokémon and the base stage of arguably the most popular pseudo legendary that’s the ace of arguably the most popular champion.

But I get it’s not everyone’s preference. I’ve never understood the appeal of Lucario in a similar fashion.

In the case of Lucario (among others like Houndour) I think the root of it is that some fans wish Ash would get more then 5-6 Pokemon per region and so when they see him interact with a Pokemon and they like the dynamic they had but when he ends up not getting it they wish he did. He didn't just get a movie with Lucario there was also that Riolu 2-partner in DP. This is why I think "Lucario for Ash" is so popular.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
In the case of Lucario (among others like Houndour) I think the root of it is that some fans wish Ash would get more then 5-6 Pokemon per region and so when they see him interact with a Pokemon and they like the dynamic they had but when he ends up not getting it they wish he did. He didn't just get a movie with Lucario there was also that Riolu 2-partner in DP. This is why I think "Lucario for Ash" is so popular.
I moreso meant Lucario in general but that probably plays a part in it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Why do people like Gible so much? I dont get it
He was caught near the end of DP and didn't get much time to shine
We like Gible because it turns into Garchomp. Also, typing "Ash's Garchomp" feel great and we should not denied of that!

It was already very insulting seeing Ash rely on Lusamine's Ride Garchomp when he had a Gible capable of evolving on Oak.
and this too

Poke'fan68

With Korrina returning the egg will almost 100% hatch into a Riolu. Sobble is a far second place for the egg to hatch into but it won't since I believe that Leon will give Ash a starter as a gift similar to how you get your starter in the Sword and Shield games.

If the egg does end up hatching into a Riolu (Which it probably will) I could see Ash's Riolu having a small (completely one sided) rivalry with Korrina's Lucario

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Damn I so sick and tired of Lucario. They have been feeding our throats with jackal every generation since DP era and now here we go again. Poor gible/johto and unova starters/Incineroar/Melmetal that destined to rot in the lab in favor of previous gens wet dreams.

Lies.
Eevee and Charizard are guilty of that.
Name one Lucario that actually had a major role, that's right. NONE!
Charizard is owned by Ash, a Gary Stu, Kiawe, and Leon. Eevee was owned by May and Serena, and owned by Virgil, Lana, and we'll most likely be adding Go to that list.
Lucario only showed up in one episode in BW, jobbed in the two episodes it appeared in SM, and the one region Lucario could have been pushed to death like you all constantly moan about and pretend it does? They didn't, only Maylene and Riley had it. They easily could have had Paul or Barry owning one, or give Cynthia one like in the games but no... the only non-Garchomp Pokemon aside from Cynthia she used during DP was a freaking Gastrodon. Hell Gladion owns a Lucario in the games too but they passed him up on that!
Ash's Lucario is the first and only Lucario to have an actual major role.

Poke'fan68

It will hatch at the lab so I highly doubt that this is the case

Who knows the scene could happen when Ash is introducing the newly hatched pokemon to all his and Go's Pokemon and the first thing it does is try to attack the first Pokemon it sees

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
That doesn't really matter if Riolu doesn't want to evolve or if it eats an everstone. Still Riolu not evolving is unlikely but I don't completely trust the writers not to screw it up
The one Time I wish for the non evolving trope

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I'm going to laugh then cry if the writers pull a Rowlet with Riolu not having it evolve into a Lucario

The whole point of riolu is that he will eventually evolve, why would they miss a chance to show one of the most iconic pokemon of all time especially when it will be the part of main cast for the first time. The question is how long Riolu will take to become Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.