• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: PM2019 021 - Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke'fan68

The whole point of riolu is that he will eventually evolve, why would they miss a chance to show one of the most iconic pokemon of all time especially when it will be the part of main cast for the first time.

Because the writers love to crush our hopes and dreams. Still it's unlikely but I don't like to get my hopes up if it evolved great. If it doesn't a Riolu is better then nothing

Red and Blue

Because the writers love to crush our hopes and dreams. Still it's unlikely but I don't like to get my hopes up if it evolved great. If it doesn't a Riolu is better then nothing
If they wanted to constantly crush our hopes and dreams Ash never would have won the Alolan League or defeated Kukui

Leonhart

Imagineer
ash&charizardfan said:
The question is how long Riolu will take to become Lucario.

I assumed before that Riolu would evolve quickly since Lucario seems much more popular than Riolu, but since Corni will showcase her own Lucario soon, Satoshi's Riolu probably won't evolve until after that since Lucario promotion will already be supplied by Corni.

Mew29240

The question is how long Riolu will take to become Lucario.

Given that Riolu evolve by happiness, the time frame could really be anything. Ash only had 1 Pokemon that evolved through friendship under his care (Swadloon->Leavanny), and that that took 51 episodes. The necessity of having stronger Pokemon for the PWC might speed up Riolu's evolution up a lot though, not to mention any Aura shenanigans (if they occur).

JoaquinLorie

Given that Riolu evolve by happiness, the time frame could really be anything. Ash only had 1 Pokemon that evolved through friendship under his care (Swadloon->Leavanny), and that that took 51 episodes. The necessity of having stronger Pokemon for the PWC might speed up Riolu's evolution up a lot though, not to mention any Aura shenanigans (if they occur).
Also Swadloon wasnt used as much, it was rotated a lot and not even used THAT much. Riolu will be with Ash always and that will trigger the evolution sooner than Swadloon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
JoaquinLorie said:
Also Swadloon wasnt used as much, it was rotated a lot and not even used THAT much. Riolu will be with Ash always and that will trigger the evolution sooner than Swadloon.

That's probably one of the best things about Riolu's development: it evolves via high friendship, so it won't have to go through rigorous training to evolve. It just needs the bare minimum of battle screen-time and lots of bonding moments with Satoshi to become a Lucario.

Decidueye23

I assumed before that Riolu would evolve quickly since Lucario seems much more popular than Riolu, but since Corni will showcase her own Lucario soon, Satoshi's Riolu probably won't evolve until after that since Lucario promotion will already be supplied by Corni.
I think an evolution when korrina appears is possible, after which she gives ash a keystone and mega stone. I mean, i am not sure where i stand about megas being used by ash this saga, but if thats the case then i think this would be good start.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary and staff list:

It is said that Pokémon eggs still hold many mysteries. Satoshi and Go go searching so that they can see one in real life, but they're not that easy to find. But while they're searching, they come across a mysterious egg that takes forever to hatch at a Pokémon Center they drop by. The young lady that heals Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, Joy-san, decides to entrust the egg to Satoshi to have him look after it. Will the Pokémon hatch without any further issues arising?

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 野村美妃 (Miki Nomura)

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Then I hope that we can see a new type of lucario'evolution like Ash greninja
No mention that. I was waiting for a variant steel/psychic lucario this gen.

I think an evolution when korrina appears is possible, after which she gives ash a keystone and mega stone. I mean, i am not sure where i stand about megas being used by ash this saga, but if thats the case then i think this would be good start.
Nah, too early. Korrina still could reappear and teach Ash the ways of mega. I hope that not with a 5 episodes arc until find the key/mega stone, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.