• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 12th: SM69 - Shine On, Starship Tekkaguya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
One day, when Māmane was out camping with his family, he found a strange metallic object buried in the ground in a bamboo grove. When he dug it up, he found that it resembled a face, and guessed that this might be Kaguya from the folk tale about the "Starship Kaguya".

-----

One day, while he's out camping with his family, Māmane finds a silver-colored metallic object buried in the ground in a bamboo grove. After digging it out, he conjectures that this is Kaguya from one of his favorite folk tales, "The Starship Kaguya", but...

-----

One day, while he's out camping with his family, Māmane finds a strange, silver-colored metallic object buried in the ground in a bamboo grove. He digs it out together with Togedemaru and the others, and notices the object has something that resembles a face. He thinks this might be Kaguya from from one of his favorite folk tales, "The Starship Kaguya".

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 香月麻衣子 (Maiko Katsuki)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rena Yamazaki)

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Ah, more Ultra Guardian stuff eh?

Here's hoping somebody other than Ash gets to do something with it preferably one of the girls

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So Celesteela's debut. Wonder what comical method Ash and co will use to catch and release it, and who all will be in the background.

Vipsoccermaster

So Celesteela will appear here. The heaviest known Pokémon is going to pull some weight here. Maybe Ash will catch it and then send it home to the Ultra Space, just like they did with Buzzwole.

EDIT: Actually, I agree with Golden_Latias. Let someone else take action on the Ultra Beast instead of Ash.

nickdt

About time we got another one. At this rate, we get an UG episode every 2 months. Since Celesteela is a Steel/Flying type, i hope Kiawe/Sophocles gets something too do here.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
It would be nice if this UB can stick for some episodes rather than becoming PoTD

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'm slightly surprised that they jumped straight to UB 04 (Celesteela), instead of going in sequence after Buzzwole, such as UB 02 (Pheromosa), or UB 03 (Xurkitree).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well another Ultra Guardians episode as it seems. Given that Celesteela is huge and heavy, there could be some hilarious scenes when everyone tries to lift Celesteela. I'm strongly expecting that it will be caught by Ash and then released.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So Celesteela will appear here. The heaviest known Pokémon is going to pull some weight here. Maybe Ash will catch it and then send it home to the Ultra Space, just like they did with Buzzwole.

EDIT: Actually, I agree with Golden_Latias. Let someone else take action on the Ultra Beast instead of Ash.

That depends if they know the location of the Ultra Wormhole it came from and if not it's another Poipole situation.

That looks interesting. I wonder if they will make Celesteela an actual threat in the show.

It's a huge flying Pokemon whose two arms can release huge amounts of energy that can cause forest fires without trying so I'll say yes there's a good chance of it being an actual threat.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
It's a huge flying Pokemon whose two arms can release huge amounts of energy that can cause forest fires without trying so I'll say yes there's a good chance of it being an actual threat.

Yeah I'm also relying on its Pokedex entry too since they did the same with Buzzwole.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
That looks interesting. I wonder if they will make Celesteela an actual threat in the show.

One thing, don't expect anything serious in SM Saga.

This is SM Saga, don't expect to see something like a serious forest fire or such (like the one we had in DP in one of Hunter J's episode). The writers would most likely make a joke out of Celesteela one way or another (along with making Ash look like a butt-monkey again).

Let someone else take action on the Ultra Beast instead of Ash.

Well technically, against Buzzwole it was Kiawe who took action against it. Though Ash and Pikachu were the ones who had a short battle and captured it.

Most likely it would be a repeat of what happened against Buzzwole, with Ash and Pikachu having a short battle against Celesteela (to show-off its strength and make Ash look like a joke), while it would be Sophocles who would distract it long enough for Ash to capture it (i believe that Ash would play the role of 'Capturer' for the Ultra Guardian's, and this would also allow the writers to extend the time until he gets his 6th Pokemon for SM Saga, in-short until all the UB's have been showcased and sent back to their own world, Ash won't get his next capture, probably).

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah, so more Ultra Guardian stuff! About time some exciting action took place. I really hope that they don't follow the same comical way of dealing with Celesteela like they did with Buzzwole. Capturing the UB after defeating/subduing it in an exciting battle is the conventional method and way better.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
One thing, don't expect anything serious in SM Saga.
This series can take itself seriously when it wants to, or Stoutland's death would have never happened in this saga. Lillie's trauma wasn't exactly played for laughs, either.

Anyway, I feel like Sophocles will play a bigger role against Xurkitree tbh since both of his Pokemon resist Electric type moves, but again, I'd rather see one of the girls step up to battle it. It's about time one of them actually did something other than stand around in the background and watch.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay, finally more plot episodes. I'm gonna guess Celesteela wants to put on a show and only gets mad/attacks people when they interrupt it's performance. Gonna guess it'll end with Ash and the gang watching it perform and then catching and releasing it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It seems they'll be alternating Sun exclusive and Moon exclusive UBs based on this. I doubt it'll happen, but what if Celesteela wants to stay?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Oh good, more Ultra Guardian stuff! It's good to see another plot-relevant episode. I hope the girls get to do more this time, rather than Ash or one of the boys stealing all the glory like they did with Buzzwole. I still expect Ash to be the one to throw the Beast Ball, but I hope one of the girls is the one who subdues Celesteela.

Speaking of Celesteela, I hope the writers take into account its Pokédex entry and make it a legitimate threat. SM has been quite serious at times (e.g., Stoutland's death, Lillie's trauma), so I hope that the writers take Celesteela seriously, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.