• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 13th: SM22 - Beware of Shovels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And Palossand, assuming it doesn't debut in this episode.

It's too early for Acerola to appear.

I actually first thought haunted house episode because we haven't had one of those yet, but I highly doubt it. Sandygast seems like a weird Pokemon to have appear in a haunted house.

But what if it's a giant Palossand that itself is the haunted house?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm not salty at all.. But this just seems pointless
I could be probably will be wrong on that front, but with Lana, they could just focus on Popplio and evolve it all the way. I wouldn't mind Primarina being her only Pokemon, and not just because I like Primarina.

Anyway, I'm not knocking this episode when we know literally nothing about it other than a title. I think it's probably a filler, but that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
They'd probably have used Bewear of Shovels instead of Beware if they were nudging at Bewear, but it'd be interesting if Bewear was being attacked by Sandyghast and the TRio saved him, thus making Bewear more loyal and wanting to listen to them? I'd prefer a capture episode over that, but I'd rather TRio do something important, but either way I'm excited to see Sandyghast in the anime, I bet I'll like it more than I do already!

TheWanderingMist

They'd probably have used Bewear of Shovels instead of Beware if they were nudging at Bewear, but it'd be interesting if Bewear was being attacked by Sandyghast and the TRio saved him, thus making Bewear more loyal and wanting to listen to them? I'd prefer a capture episode over that, but I'd rather TRio do something important, but either way I'm excited to see Sandyghast in the anime, I bet I'll like it more than I do already!

Also, remember that Bewear is the English name and not the Japanese name of the Pokemon. I wish we had more than a title, or, at least, more than one title.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Ash will catch Sandyghast in this episode, but I am not getting my hopes up.

World Turtle

I could see Ash catching Sandygast.

Every odd number Generation Ash catches an 'elemental embodiment' of a certain Type. Muk in Gen 1, Glalie in Gen 3, and Boldore in Gen 5. Following this train of thought Sandygast (living sandpile) is the logical candidate.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't think Sandygast is that different from Muk, but I still don't think Ash is going to catch one.

TheWanderingMist

75/25 prediction: No one will catch Sandygast, it will be a Pokemon of the day.
50/50 Prediction: Ash or Lana will catch a Sandygast.
45/55: Prediction: This is the haunted house episode and a giant Palossand will itself be the haunted house which the main characters are never aware of.
.1/99.9: Lillie will catch all the Sandygast on the beach.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
75/25 prediction: No one will catch Sandygast, it will be a Pokemon of the day.
50/50 Prediction: Ash or Lana will catch a Sandygast.
45/55: Prediction: This is the haunted house episode and a giant Palossand will itself be the haunted house which the main characters are never aware of.
.1/99.9: Lillie will catch all the Sandygast on the beach.

How could you even think about the last one... Lol

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
James will catch it and it and Mareanie will compete for James affection

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Inb4 nobody captures it and Sophocles gets his soul sucked out by it

Sophocles doesn't have a soul. He is the human planter for the weed that is Togedemaru.

I'm too busy laughing at the episode title to really speculate what this episode will be about, but this will probably be the debut of Sandygast. Also, why are people surprised about another beach episode? Alola is made up of islands; it's practically a given that we're going to get beach episode overdose before the end of the year.

TheWanderingMist

Sophocles doesn't have a soul. He is the human planter for the weed that is Togedemaru.

But Togedemaru is a slightly useful Pikachu clone. Mimikyu is more useable, but it's not a straight clone.

I'm too busy laughing at the episode title to really speculate what this episode will be about, but this will probably be the debut of Sandygast. Also, why are people surprised about another beach episode? Alola is made up of islands; it's practically a given that we're going to get beach episode overdose before the end of the year.

I'm just going to imagine Kiawe shouting the title at Ash any time he goes near a shovel on the beach.

Red and Blue

So based on the title I'm assuming Ash isn't leaving for Akala anytime soon. Unless Olivia appears in the episode right after

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I would love for this to happen at night. :D

The shovels will be extra dangerous at night. Not only might they be attached to Sandygast, but they are also a tripping hazard for careless young children! :eek:

So based on the title I'm assuming Ash isn't leaving for Akala anytime soon. Unless Olivia appears in the episode right after

Unless Ash encounters these shovels on Akala Island. I know it doesn't mean much, since already we have had Pokémon appear in the anime on islands to which they are not native in the games, but in the games, Sandygast is found on Hano Beach, which is on Akala Island.

satobato

Pokemon master
Ash catching sandygast

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

That'd be really nice if he ended up staying at someones place for a while on Akala Island. It'd be better than Ash waking up every episode and us having to see him get over there and back, but not really an issue since theres a bunch of ways they could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.