• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 13th: SM22 - Beware of Shovels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope Mimikyu's in this episode!!!!

They're on a beach, Mareanie darn well better show up. That one hasn't had enough screentime. Mimikyu...go and be your odd little murderous self.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Ok fam, I'm back from research and I'm on my break. This time I used the Serebii Pokedex. My prediction is either someone 's gonna get mind controlled or they're going to introduce both Sandygast and it's evolved form. Are they going to Hano Beach? A different beach will be much appreciated. I don't think the title is going to give us much clues other than a rampaging sand monster attacking the group. After all, the Hidoide episode title didn't give us much clues other than we knew James was going to catch Hidoide and Kukui assigned everyone to an extracurricular activity. The descriptions of both Pokemon sound scary right? :) I wonder who will get sucked into their curse. I hope Mimikyu's in this episode!!!!

Well, going to Hano Beach means leaving Melemele Island and going to Akala Island, and I know there are a lot of fans here who would love for that to happen. :p It would certainly be a nice change of scenery.

Cat's Eye Draco

Well, going to Hano Beach means leaving Melemele Island and going to Akala Island, and I know there are a lot of fans here who would love for that to happen. :p It would certainly be a nice change of scenery.

Another field trip, perhaps?

If it is, you've just gotta wonder, when do they do any actual schoolwork?

jrizza88

Meteorite
It could be funny if the gang is all excited to go for a beach day and they get there and a lot of children are all just building castles like zombies and when they step foot on the beach, all the children look at them at the same time, slowly get up, and walk towards them like zombies to try and make them put their hands in the sandygasts lol. I feel like they can have a lot of fun with sandygasts controlling people on the beach.

this would be brilliant! lol

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
isn't the black sand beach only on ula'ula island?
Sorry, I haven't played the games so I don'tknow. Maybe it migrated from Ula'ula Island? :D

They're on a beach, Mareanie darn well better show up. That one hasn't had enough screentime. Mimikyu...go and be your odd little murderous self.
That's very true. The old girl hasn't appeared since it's debut episode. It's barely been showcased. I miss Mimikyu. :( Please confirm to me that it'll return.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I want Hano Beach to be the location because then we can see Hano Grand Resort and we might get to see Kahili and have her fleshed out more than she was in the games (as well as mentor Ash because she's an Island Champion)

ShadowForce720

Sorry, I haven't played the games so I don'tknow. Maybe it migrated from Ula'ula Island? :D

That's very true. The old girl hasn't appeared since it's debut episode. It's barely been showcased. I miss Mimikyu. :( Please confirm to me that it'll return.

Except for the fact that James' Mareanie showed up in episodes 14&16, also the only cases of Team Rocket being in a episode so far where Mareanie hasn't shown up in the episode despite being one of their pokemon is episode 13 and episode 18 and in the case of episode 18 Mimikyu was also absent, as for not appearing in episodes 15, 17, and 19 Team Rocket didn't even appear in those episodes at all so I don't know why you would expect Mareanie to be in those episodes.

So considering out of the 7 episodes that have aired since Mareanie's capture 3 of them Team Rocket didn't appear at all, while it appeared in episodes 14 & 16, and then the remaining 2 episodes that it didn't appear in is episode 13 which yeah it probably should have been in that episode, as for episode 18 it's not that problematic considering that Mimikyu didn't even appear in the episode. So the situation for Mareanie isn't as bad your trying to make it sound.

so I'm not sure where your getting this whole Mareanie not appearing in any episode since it's debut, because that's simply not true.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Old girl? You talking about mareanie? It appeared in SM14 as well as in SM16 too. And mimikyu too was there in both.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Old girl? You talking about* mareanie? It appeared in SM14 as well as in SM16 too. And mimikyu too was there in both.

May have shown up, but Mimikyu is usually the one with the spotlight. I want Mareanie to take the lead in an attack at some point. And James needs a second Pokemon too. Inkay was great, but being his only Pokemon throughout the saga kind of sucked. At least Pumpkaboo evolved.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Mareanie's dependent on other to some extent though.

Meowth is somewhat of a mastermind and Mimikyu's bat**** insane to do stuff by itself. Bewear is just Bewear doing what Bewear does best and Wobbuffet is...actually we need more Wobbuffett.

ShadowForce720

May have shown up, but Mimikyu is usually the one with the spotlight. I want Mareanie to take the lead in an attack at some point. And James needs a second Pokemon too. Inkay was great, but being his only Pokemon throughout the saga kind of sucked. At least Pumpkaboo evolved.

Except for the fact that Mareanie did take the lead in the attack considering in episode 16 it went with Meowth to try to capture Popplio and Rowlet, while Mimikyu was just standing there watching, and in episode 14 it attack Vulpix, while Mimikyu didn't bother really doing anything until Pikachu showed up, so I don't know where your getting that Mareanie didn't have spotlight from in the episodes because that's clearly not true as it contributed a lot more in the episodes then Mimikyu did.

satopi

I want Hano Beach to be the location because then we can see Hano Grand Resort and we might get to see Kahili and have her fleshed out more than she was in the games (as well as mentor Ash because she's an Island Champion)
Yes, let this happen. They need to showcase other places than just Melemele Island and the beach. It's nice to get out of it for a change, everyone included.

Except for the fact that James' Mareanie showed up in episodes 14&16, also the only cases of Team Rocket being in a episode so far where Mareanie hasn't shown up in the episode despite being one of their pokemon is episode 13 and episode 18 and in the case of episode 18 Mimikyu was also absent, as for not appearing in episodes 15, 17, and 19 Team Rocket didn't even appear in those episodes at all so I don't know why you would expect Mareanie to be in those episodes.

So considering out of the 7 episodes that have aired since Mareanie's capture 3 of them Team Rocket didn't appear at all, while it appeared in episodes 14 & 16, and then the remaining 2 episodes that it didn't appear in is episode 13 which yeah it probably should have been in that episode, as for episode 18 it's not that problematic considering that Mimikyu didn't even appear in the episode. So the situation for Mareanie isn't as bad your trying to make it sound.

so I'm not sure where your getting this whole Mareanie not appearing in any episode since it's debut, because that's simply not true.
It doesn't change the fact that it's barely being utilized. I'm not making it sound as bad as you're implying. I almost forget that Marieanie is even there. It doesn't particularly have much of a role like Mimikyu and Wobbuffet aside from having the hots for James and being a poisonous battler.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Yes, let this happen. They need to showcase other places than just Melemele Island and the beach. It's nice to get out of it for a change, everyone included.

It doesn't change the fact that it's barely being utilized. I'm not making it sound as bad as you're implying. I almost forget that Marieanie is even there. It doesn't particularly have much of a role like Mimikyu and Wobbuffet aside from having the hots for James and being a poisonous battler.

As shadowforce pointed out, since its capture, mareanie has done much better than mimikyu in both the episodes in which it appeared. Further, TR pokemon generally don't get that much focus iirc. So, I think you shouldn't keep your hopes high to see some better from it unless it's her evolution episode.

ShadowForce720

It doesn't change the fact that it's barely being utilized. I'm not making it sound as bad as you're implying. I almost forget that Marieanie is even there. It doesn't particularly have much of a role like Mimikyu and Wobbuffet aside from having the hots from James and being a poisonous battler.

Except your making it sounded like Mareanie is getting shafted when it's clearly not considering that Team Rocket did not appear in episodes 15, 17, & 19, yes and out of the remaining episodes the only episode that had Mimikyu in it without having Mareanie there was episode 13, while in episode 18 both Mimikyu and Mareanie where absent, and in episodes 14&16 Mareanie clearly contributed more to trying to help Team Rocket then Mimikyu did since Mimikyu essentially just stood there doing nothing until Pikachu showed up.

satopi

Except your making it sounded like Mareanie is getting shafted when it's clearly not considering that Team Rocket did not appear in episodes 15, 17, & 19, yes and out of the remaining episodes the only episode that had Mimikyu in it without having Mareanie there was episode 13, while in episode 18 both Mimikyu and Mareanie where absent, and in episodes 14&16 Mareanie clearly contributed more to trying to help Team Rocket then Mimikyu did since Mimikyu essentially just stood there doing nothing until Pikachu showed up.
Well then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Sure Mimikyu could care less what the other Pokemon are doing except Pikachu but it's in its nature and it's presence is more intensifying and important than hers.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Can we take a poll to ask which Pokémon will be swallowed and kidnapped by Palossand? I think its going to be a Pikachu and Meowth episode. We always get one every season.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Sandyghast would be a unique Pokemon for Ash and not of the usual archetype he usually gets. And, he'll finally have a Ghost-type.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can we take a poll to ask which Pokémon will be swallowed and kidnapped by Palossand? I think its going to be a Pikachu and Meowth episode. We always get one every season.

Pikachu

Sandyghast would be a unique Pokemon for Ash and not of the usual archetype he usually gets. And, he'll finally have a Ghost-type.

He'd have just caught Litten. After going through episodes of just Rowlet as his only new Pokemon, I don't want him to start catching things without breaks. Litten needs some time to shine under Ash before a new Pokemon comes in. Rockruff got a win before Litten joined, and helped find Rowlet/Popplio

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Pikachu

He'd have just caught Litten. After going through episodes of just Rowlet as his only new Pokemon, I don't want him to start catching things without breaks. Litten needs some time to shine under Ash before a new Pokemon comes in. Rockruff got a win before Litten joined, and helped find Rowlet/Popplio

I'd have preferred Rockruff got more screentime and accomplishments tbh before Litten appears, but it'd be neat if they developed together. They are cat and dog :)

Status
Not open for further replies.