• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 14th: PM2023 001/002 - The Pendant It All Started With (w/Kotaro Koizumi, Hikaru Takahashi and Kanade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Liko is a Paldean girl enrolled at Sekiei Academy, a boarding school in the Kanto region. She's delighted to receive her first Pokémon Nyahoja, but Nyahoja doesn't listen to her at all, and she struggles to bond with it... Meanwhile, a suspicious group of people show up in search of her, wanting the mysterious pendant she has.

Part 1:
Screenplay 佐藤大 (Dai Sato)
Storyboard でんさおり (Saori Den)
Storyboard 矢嶋哲生 (Tetsuo Yajima)
Episode Director でんさおり (Saori Den)
Assistant Episode Director 大賀まこと (Makoto Oga)
Animation Director 升谷有希 (Yuki Masutani)
Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)
Animation Director 服部奈津美 (Natsumi Hattori)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Part 2:
Screenplay 佐藤大 (Dai Sato)
Storyboard 冨安大貴 (Daiki Tomiyasu)
Episode Director 大賀まこと (Makoto Oga)
Episode Director 森山愛弓 (Ayumi Moriyama)
Animation Director 広岡トシヒト (Toshihito Hirooka)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)
Animation Director 杉本海帆 (Miho Sugimoto)
Animation Director 杉山さよ (Sayo Sugiyama)

------

Kotaro Koizumi, Hikaru Takahashi and Kanade (from 3ji no Heroine) will all appear as voice actors in episode 1 on Friday April 14th.

We've received the following comment from Koizumi, who will be playing the role of Liko's homeroom teacher:
I'm Kotaro Koizumi, and this time I'll be playing the role of the protagonist Liko's homeroom teacher in the Pocket Monsters anime.
When I was first approached about this role I was so honored I couldn't believe my ears, and I immediately accepted.
Of course the actual protagonists of the show are the children, but I hope you'll look forward to seeing what kind of role the teacher I play will have in the procedings as well.
-Kotaro Koizumi, the voice of Liko's homeroom teacher

An upcoming episode of Pokédoko will feature a close look at Takahashi and Kanade's recording sessions, so look forward to that as well!

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
See I knew Sprigatito didn't look happy with Liko in the trailer earlier lol.

I'm honestly hyped for this, I hate that we have to wait two weeks though :(...

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I'm curious about the plot that is forming here.

In the trailer, Liko's pendant (tera crystal) is able Terastalize that shiny Rayquaza, and yet the characters are talking about Liko's pendant as something mysterious. Is Terastal a yet undiscovered phenomenon in PM2023?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
That Rayquaza... Guess terastalizing will be CGI after all? I used to doubt that
It really looked like so at least

Xuxuba

Yeah not gonna make much difference when they are gonna be on that airship anyway. But i really do wish we could've gone back to just exploring a single new region. I have already seen enough of the others to last for a life time, especially Kanto.

Oh well, maybe the next one...

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
They have this potential to make a unique take on the Naranja/Uva academy... but nope, gotta start at Kanto. Ah well, at least they'll be travelling all over the world

This at the least is pretty understandable. It’s pretty hard to address the Academies without “canonizing” one in this universe, which is something I can’t imagine they want to do. Creating a new Indigo Academy in Kanto is a decent nod without really touching that issue, though they could have ditched both Naranja and Uva and done like… Manzana as a compromise

wellwellwells

I'm curious about the plot that is forming here.

In the trailer, Liko's pendant (tera crystal) is able Terastalize that shiny Rayquaza, and yet the characters are talking about Liko's pendant as something mysterious. Is Terastal a yet undiscovered phenomenon in PM2023?
Maybe it can terastalize them without the ****ing hats lmao

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
At least this school actually looks like a school and not like a joke
In fact, they just gave us a taste in the current series of what the school itself looks like. In Alola, too much of it is not shown, other classes of classes, festivals and what characterize school romances and comedies

Observer

Mostly watching
In fact, they just gave us a taste in the current series of what the school itself looks like. In Alola, too much of it is not shown, other classes of classes, festivals and what characterize school romances and comedies

Don't get your hopes up to high, because Pokemon and school doesn't mix well together.

Xuxuba

This at the least is pretty understandable. It’s pretty hard to address the Academies without “canonizing” one in this universe, which is something I can’t imagine they want to do. Creating a new Indigo Academy in Kanto is a decent nod without really touching that issue, though they could have ditched both Naranja and Uva and done like… Manzana as a compromise
I guess they could have made them into school houses and called the boarding school something generic like the Pokémon Academy.

Don't get your hopes up to high, because Pokemon and school doesn't mix well together.
It's rarely well-executed, but i did like how they implemented the school in Shadows of Almia.

Status
Not open for further replies.