• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 14th: PM2023 001/002 - The Pendant It All Started With (w/Kotaro Koizumi, Hikaru Takahashi and Kanade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Eh wish she she was in Paldea but the games do introduce the idea of characters being transferred to different regions with Penny going back to Galar so it’s not too bad.

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Don't get your hopes up to high, because Pokemon and school doesn't mix well together.
At first I didn't have characters and then I saw the characters and voice actors so I got a little excited, but in fact it's better to lower the tone because I can be disappointed, and I learned myself that it's better not to have expectations and be pleasantly surprised

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This at the least is pretty understandable. It’s pretty hard to address the Academies without “canonizing” one in this universe, which is something I can’t imagine they want to do. Creating a new Indigo Academy in Kanto is a decent nod without really touching that issue, though they could have ditched both Naranja and Uva and done like… Manzana as a compromise
Nothing has stopped them before from choosing one version over another. Though I would rather just have them make up a new academy in the middle of Paldea than do it in Kanto.

I swear the Kanto fetish this show has is so grating.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Nothing has stopped them before from choosing one version over another. Though I would rather just have them make up a new academy in the middle of Paldea than do it in Kanto.

I swear the Kanto fetish this show has is so grating.

It’s the first region. This is like being surprised that Yokai Watch keeps digging in the well of its first game/anime era even in 2023. You never forget your first.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Kanto has priority because people give it priority
Up to current days many people think pokémon fell after the first 151

Ashton Ketchum

Kanto? Again?! Maybe, we will forget about about Kanto? At least, for several years?

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Kanto has priority because people give it priority
Up to current days many people think pokémon fell after the first 151

This is really not a phenomenon solely in the show either. The Pokémon Squishmallows are Pikachu, Gengar, Snorlax, and Togepi. Cities in Japan have Sandshrew and Geodude as mascots. Eevee is in the Macy’s Parade as a balloon, Psyduck is the current mascot of the Netflix Pokémon Concierge. The likes of Lapras, Dragonite, and Mew are often heavily merchandised. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo are in Smash, and of course, Charizard is Charizard.

The sooner people actually accept that Gen 1 is where the majority of mascots of this series are, the happier we can all be. Sure, there’s ones like Lucario, Mimikyu, and Piplup from later gens, but those are the minority. Sorry to anyone who doesn’t like it. At least Zir and Conia’s Rhydon and Golduck haven’t been that prominent in a while, and the Nidorina streamer is probably the first time some people have thought of Nidorina in a decade.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly idrc if it’s in Kanto because it’s too be expected at this point. I’m just over it at thus point. I do believe it’s slight overkill because despite the fact that this is the second series being home based in Kanto we haven’t gotten anything from it (ie Janine debut or Bruno appearing etc) they seem set on placing the plot here.

For a region/generation that’s oooo so important, you’d think they’d actually bother expanding on it more than they already have .

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
At first I didn't have characters and then I saw the characters and voice actors so I got a little excited, but in fact it's better to lower the tone because I can be disappointed, and I learned myself that it's better not to have expectations and be pleasantly surprised

Understandable, as for me I go in with no expectations and then see what happens.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Yeah not gonna make much difference when they are gonna be on that airship anyway. But i really do wish we could've gone back to just exploring a single new region. I have already seen enough of the others to last for a life time, especially Kanto.

Oh well, maybe the next one...
Pokemon Go shifted the anime from promoting one game to focusing on the brand as a whole. It's a merchandising commerical after all...

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Nooo, Kantoooooooo for the school too....
That aside it is looking pretty good ngl

Why Kanto for School in this episode? was that supposed to be Kanto Pandering... please use Naranja/Uva Academy as the main school next time for this Anime.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Pokemon Go shifted the anime from promoting one game to focusing on the brand as a whole. It's a merchandising commerical after all...
It amazes me how we had a character who was literally named Go, yet the only thing we saw related to the game was him throwing regular pokeballs and I think a Go Gym construction
No other balls, no stops, no lures, no characters etc

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
It amazes me how we had a character who was literally named Go, yet the only thing we saw related to the game was him throwing regular pokeballs and I think a Go Gym construction
No other balls, no stops, no lures, no characters etc
Balls were probably too expensive to animate which is why they stick to the classic red, but agreed with everything else. I guess they were figuring it out as they went along.

Status
Not open for further replies.