• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 14th: PM2023 001/002 - The Pendant It All Started With (w/Kotaro Koizumi, Hikaru Takahashi and Kanade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Honestly why even go through the trouble of pain stankingly creating new regions with their own lore, characters and Pokémon when we can just have everything based in Kanto until the heat death of the universe. Why advertise the new thing when we can just show the old thing forever?

This is a lot of emotion. I really don’t think it’s that serious. It’s pretty unlikely Liko’s even staying in school, this just made it more reasonable for her to meet Friede and Roy who are Kanto natives it seems. Paldea is also just not that exciting a region so I don’t see the issue. Any new region that doesn’t have as much flavor and worldbuilding as Alola is underwhelming now.

I also think it’s important that Kanto is a Japanese region which means viewers might be able to relate better. It’s clearly a consideration on some level since Vermilion City being the setting of Journeys led to Worlds being at Yokohama.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Wouldn’t even mind Kanto if they actually used aspects of it we haven’t seen before like the Seafoam Islands or Janine but most of it blends together where it could be any other region

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So far my only gripe is that Liko’s school is in Kanto. I can understand why since it’s a way to integrate Roy into the story, but I’m worried this means Paldea will basically get shafted for most of the series

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I don't mind the idea of a world travelling series if they actually use the cool locations from the regions and not boring towns that all look the same and use some characters who never debuted rather than filler COTDs

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
So far my only gripe is that Liko’s school is in Kanto. I can understand why since it’s a way to integrate Roy into the story, but I’m worried this means Paldea will basically get shafted for most of the series
I have a similar concern.

Though it appears that the airship will basically be their home base, so maybe they won't spend too much time Kanto.

But yeah, it's frustrating.

I don't mind the idea of a world travelling series if they actually use the cool locations from the regions and not boring towns that all look the same and use some characters who never debuted rather than filler COTDs
Same tbh.

On paper, the idea of a global tour series sounds dope, but when every ep just looks like a generic location, what's the point?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Yes but do not fall for the trap...

The interesting is when we reach 15-20 episodes or so then we will really see if this series is good and it delivers.

For now it's just a compilation of ideas and 50 seconds of footage and a lot of text.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I have a similar concern.

Though it appears that the airship will basically be their home base, so maybe they won't spend too much time Kanto.

But yeah, it's frustrating.

Same tbh.

On paper, the idea of a global tour series sounds dope, but when every ep just looks like a generic location, what's the point?
We had dozens or hundreds of episodes in random forests, this is fine

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I just had a thought but what if the professor is like a teacher on board the ship for Liko and Roy. He might even work at the school she transferred to.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It's a Kanto school? Indigo Academy? I wonder in what city it's located at. We can already rule out Vermillion City since that was the last home site for Ash. It would be really interesting if either Liko or Roy attempt the gym challenge and Paul shows up as the new gym leader. Ash is gone, but that doesn't mean other characters are too.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The Explorers seem cool. I like how we have factions coming into play w them and the airship crew. The girl with the Oshawott seems to be some kind of supporting character too

I wonder why Amejio is after Riko’s pendant. His design is really cool and having a Ceruledge is a W on his part ; I’m happy we’re apparently getting a battle between them the first episode. It seems like Friede interrupts the battle and saves Riko from falling? Honestly I’m just thrilled my joke post about Riko getting her own morally gray Drew rival came true lmaoo

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Explorers seem cool. I like how we have factions coming into play w them and the airship crew. The girl with the Oshawott seems to be some kind of supporting character too
Not really? We still don't have a name, and it seems pretty likely that all of the scenes with her are from ep one.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Not really? We still don't have a name, and it seems pretty likely that all of the scenes with her are from ep one.
Probably a COTD or minor reoccurring character is more accurate, but she has a starter and seems to be Riko’s friend so I think she might be important to the episode at least

Status
Not open for further replies.