• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 14th: SM117 - Shaymin, Meltan and Shore! Lost Explorers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I don't want this to be a filler, but even if it is it's much better to have this episode at this time rather than in the middle of league, like in BW. I jsut hope that we get to see all of them use some new moves, at least Shaymin.

p96822

Evolve me please
I hope that this episode give the chance of having the Pokemon interacting with each other. Even though I think why this episode aloud them to interact is just as or more stupid then Iris's Axew chasing a ballon

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Yeah, I agree with this. These three do so little I keep forgetting they're even on the cast.
Meltan was just caught and I could personally never forget a brand new Satoshi-mon, Shaymin is fairly recent but there’s no way I could forget such a blatant mythical under the care of a companion, Nagisa is so blatantly unruly and marketed in many scenes I don’t see how anyone could forget the Eevee. I honestly find the Pokemon in their balls most of the time more forgettable, but yeah S&M has done a great job with giving many of the Pokemon SOUL this sounds like a great episode. Maybe Mao finds a Gracidea or something.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Lana's Eevee has done so little since being captured I don't know why it got so much promotion leading up to it's debut in the anime. It's barely focused on more than Serena's was prior to evolution.
It’s a shillmon, it was caught for LGPE promotion, it’s meant to be a stagnate Pokemon for the sake of being cute and cool and got its focus shorts, capture episode, moments with Kasumi and Suiren in their episode, and its out-of-the-balls scenes. The companion Pokemon aren’t going to get a ton of battles because there’s so many of them this series and most of the characters aspirations aren’t battle centric. But Nagisa is seen training with Suiren, having his hyperactive moments of personality like enjoying the hyper hot radishes that everyone disliked, participating in Suiren’s henshin scene, aggravating the Meltan. This is just about what I expected, the Eevee is her shillmon but Suiren’s ace and partner is, has and is always going to be Ashimari-Oysamari-Ashirene hence that’s why she’s gotten so much focus on the balloons, training and Z-Move stuff with her.

p96822

Evolve me please
It’s a shillmon, it was caught for LGPE promotion, it’s meant to be a stagnate Pokemon for the sake of being cute and cool and got its focus shorts, capture episode, moments with Kasumi and Suiren in their episode, and its out-of-the-balls scenes. The companion Pokemon aren’t going to get a ton of battles because there’s so many of them this series and most of the characters aspirations aren’t battle centric. But Nagisa is seen training with Suiren, having his hyperactive moments of personality like enjoying the hyper hot radishes that everyone disliked, participating in Suiren’s henshin scene, aggravating the Meltan. This is just about what I expected, the Eevee is her shillmon but Suiren’s ace and partner is, has and is always going to be Ashimari-Oysamari-Ashirene hence that’s why she’s gotten so much focus on the balloons, training and Z-Move stuff with her.

Really Eevee haven't done anything besides personality being hype active. It really having done anything after Lana caught it

DatsRight

The nearest to substance Nagisa has got is being a handful for Lana and Brionne to control at times, much in the same way Marowak was for Kiawe and Turtonator, causing turbulence it what was originally a pretty complacent trainer/Pokemon dynamic. That said, Marowak has appeared long enough to get proper limelight with Kiawe while Nagisa is currently still just minor comic relief that doesn't really butt into Lana's activity with Brionne. They still need proper development and bonding together (I still think Nagisa should have been caught before the Necrozma arc, Dusk Lycanroc came a couple months before USUM's release after all).

Still better Shaymin however, who doesn't really have a dynamic or personality at all yet.

I would be interested in seeing how Mallow and Lana respond to said Pokemon being lost, since they're more the 'babies' of their squad than their signatures. Ash is kind of used to this crap now, he gets Lycanroc or Rowlet as the search party.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
You know, Ash and Lana would lose their Pokemon less if they remembered their pokeballs existed.
Or the anime producers wanted an excuse to put Eevee, Shaymin & Meltan in a short adventure on their own, in which is a good opportunity to interact each other instead of sticking to their trainers. We saw that kind of scenario back in SM016 with the Alolan starters.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Or the anime producers wanted an excuse to put Eevee, Shaymin & Meltan in a short adventure on their own, in which is a good opportunity to interact each other instead of sticking to their trainers. We saw that kind of scenario back in SM016 with the Alolan starters.
16 was one of my favorite episodes of the whole series, so I'm certainly not complaining. If this is even half as good as that one, it'll be great.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary and staff list:

Satoshi and his friends are visiting Malie City on Ula'ula Island. They're having fun sightseeing, being given a tour by the ninja guides Anaaki and Chikuwa, when a sudden gust of wind blows Mao's hair ornament away. As the "Gratitude Pokémon" Shaymin, Meltan and Shore saw this, they immediately chased after it, but ended up getting lost.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 新城真 (Makoto Shinjō)

Red and Blue

So Ninjas are appearing here before episode 118. Interesting.

I'm guessing they hear about the Kanto Gym from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.