• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 15th: PM2019 106 - A New Show! The Rocket Gang Undercover Kingdom Radio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Info incoming.

The title is of course a reference to the Rocket Gang Secret Empire radio show from back in the gen 5 days.)

------

"Get us more Rocket Gang members on a worldwide level!" Having received this order from their boss Sakaki, Musashi, Kojiro, Nyarth and Sonansu start a radio show to recruit new members. They're really enthused about hw this show will tell the world of the Rocket gang's greatness and get new members, but believe it or not, they get absolutely zero listeners... Deciding that thing aren't going to end like this, the Rocket Gang members go about creating fun radio with such enthusiasm they forget the actual reason they were supposed to make it, so they...?!

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Very excited for this. Bought some of the old CDs on Amazon and they are really entertaining. Love all the ways they are playing with the TRio’s episodes this series.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
You know what?

Pokemon Anime fans as in general do not have a 25th episode special cause like I said I think and it's really clear right now this whole season it's the 25th anyversary.

But us Team Rocket fans we have our own special and maybe it's not at the best time for Team Rocket but whatever, let's enjoy this.

And by the way... There is Team Rocket for a loooot of time as long as our friend Ash runs, Team Rocket will run alongside so no haters they aren't going anywhere.

Team Rocket surpassed Brock, Serena, and others it's really clear they will surpass Goh too. Sorry Goh fans and by the way they will surpass the gatcha too.

So let's enjoy this Eight months left, cause I see the end of the tunnel here. Eight months and a new era begins.

In my country of all places... Ahhh I hope that the world has not crumbled by then.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It will be even great if the episode ends with pikachu zapping them and having them blast off since that's what happened in there debut episode as well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's about damn time the TRio show up again, I'm glad the gap between focus episodes was smaller than last time. Their episodes are still fun, I just can't wait for them to improve in the next saga since things of note like captures/evolutions/new moves will happen again

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
The April 1st 1 hour special is specifically said to commemorate the anniversary.

You will agree with me that while not bad at all in fact it seems to be two good episodes.

A 25th anniversary episode could have been much more.... special to say the least.

But I remember the 20th aniversary episode and episode 1000, and well... it's a trending on not knowing what to do for special dates.

Only 10th aniverary episode was somewhat special.

DatsRight

Very excited for this. Bought some of the old CDs on Amazon and they are really entertaining. Love all the ways they are playing with the TRio’s episodes this series.
Yeah, I like they're doing a lot of call backs to the TRio's old stuff this series.

At the same time though, I kinda want it to amount to something too. They haven't really been given anything ongoing to do like in BW or SM, or even DP and XY with Jessie's performance arcs. Even too-good-to-be-true stuff like Gigantamax Meowth only got one appearance for a gag.

neither did i. when i saw the title i thought it was referring to the johto radio tower thing but that doesn't seem to be the case
Who says it can't be both? :p

Actually that would be pretty awesome.

RafaSceptile

You will agree with me that while not bad at all in fact it seems to be two good episodes.

A 25th anniversary episode could have been much more.... special to say the least.

But I remember the 20th aniversary episode and episode 1000, and well... it's a trending on not knowing what to do for special dates.

Only 10th aniverary episode was somewhat special.
Well Episode 1000 has Lillie overcoming her phobia (by TPC Japan) and Kukui and Burnet's wedding (by TPC International), which were two major episodes, so not that bad.

Hopefully the previous two episodes and this one are also good episodes.

Jezrocket

For those who don't have the reference, the Team Rocket radio show (Rocket Dan’s Secret Empire) was a weekly real radio show created by the sound director of the Pokémon anime: Masafumi Mima and the voice actors of Jessie, James and Meowth ; that aired on Inter FM in Japan in 2012 to revive the TRio Rocket during the BW period because the voice actors of Team Rocket had been disappointed with the exaggerated villain roles of their characters which they deemed OOC and because they wanted them to appear more often in the series such as during the OS AG, DP era.

Status
Not open for further replies.