• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 15th: PM2019 106 - A New Show! The Rocket Gang Undercover Kingdom Radio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix2

Only way this episode have any point of existence is if it debut a new final villain of journeys.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Summary and incomplete voice cast.

(sorry about that interview translation I said I'd do, I've had my computer in for repairs and haven't been able to get to it)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Staff list:
Oh I can hear the complaints already that Deko Akao is in charge of the screenplay :p
Personally I've loved most of their episodes they've been in charge of and I feel they have an amazing way of bringing out personality and character in a refreshing manner, and since it's supposed to be a laid back TR episode, they can realllly shine here

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Her portrayal of TRio in has been fairly good (outside of that contrived 'betrayal' in the Zapdos Raid battle). It's only her episodes involving Ash that are suspect most of the time.
Eh I've always found her portrayal of Ash to be harmless and the reactions to it a bit extreme and funny. I'm indifferent to her portrayal of him honestly, it's not anything magical but it's also not a character assassination like people claim. Heck I watched the Drizzile evolution ep in the dub recently and the data scene still got a chuckle out of me, it's just a random fun moment.
Even in her most hated Eps (cough JN030 cough) I've absolutely loved the way she approached the ep. Heck back when ep30 came out I called it my fav episode of JN yet coz it has so much soul, personality and warmth tbh, which is my fav aspect of the anime. Did it arise out of an admittedly OOC moment for Pikachu? Yes, which is why I understand why people dislike that episode and it's writing, but all her other episodes as well, ive just absolutely loved it.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
tbh it feels kinda off that a writer that didn't work on the show prior to PM2019 is going to handle an episode celebrating characters that have largely been treated as an afterthought that entire series.
To me this implies this probably won't affect the narrative of TR or hopefully help in changing the status quo of them down the line like i had originally hoped
This probably will be just a fun fillerish sort of ep for TR to bounce off their personalities

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Even in her most hated Eps (cough JN030 cough) I've absolutely loved the way she approached the ep. Heck back when ep30 came out I called it my fav episode of JN yet coz it has so much soul, personality and warmth tbh, which is my fav aspect of the anime. Did it arise out of an admittedly OOC moment for Pikachu? Yes, which is why I understand why people dislike that episode and it's writing, but all her other episodes as well, ive just absolutely loved it.
Akao didn't write JN030, that was Reiko Yoshida who hasn't written any episodes since. The OOC moments of Akao's handling of Ash tend to be exaggerated but there are definitely glaring flaws in how passive she makes him or how he prioritizes food over Pokemon or * cough cough * searching the floor for data.

She's actually one of the better writers to handle TR by giving them fun moments and interactions. This would be filler regardless so it's not like much would change.

I was hoping this would be an Asada storyboarded episode so he could go crazy with the references but oh well, he's probably cooking up Paul's return.

I’m excited for this episode because Wobbuffet

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh look another episode where team rocket will do nothing, get nothing, and just troll for half an hour lol.
All the more reason to look forward to Scarlet/Violet, I love their episodes but they're just a waste of time right now as nothing will happen.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
tbh it feels kinda off that a writer that didn't work on the show prior to PM2019 is going to handle an episode celebrating characters that have largely been treated as an afterthought that entire series.
Not to mention it's THE most controversial writer in Journeys

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
I kind of wonder how things would have played out if the order of episodes had stayed the same. Personally I prefer the change they made, but I wonder how much more incessant complaining would be coming from this forum if this episode aired today, been as mediocre as they are all expecting, then whined on here for days on end about how it was a “waste of an episode” when a major character return is next to come.

I predict it would have been a solid 8 on the WAAAHHmbulance scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.