• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystreon

the elder eevee
Didn’t one of the lab assistants show the entire Sobble line in the Inteleon episode? Though it’d still probably be upset as Drizzile and Inteleon are polar opposites in term of personality
Expecting consistency, daring today are we.

BobbbidyBob

How dare they talk like that about Messon in dat horrendous magazine?! Hmph!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So it takes Ash 6 generations for his own Water starter to evolve yet Goh and his only goal of capturing Pokemon somehow gets his Water starter to evolve?
I'm sensing a bias here lol
tbf the other water starters before Greninja were only popular in their base form which tends to dictate evolutions in the anime lulz.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
tbf the other water starters before Greninja were only popular in their base form which tends to dictate evolutions in the anime lulz.
F'ing Brock got Mudkip to evolve and we all know Mudkip is far more marketable than Marshtomp and Swampert lol... plus they just had to have Ash tell Totodile he'd one day be a Feraligatr
Imagine if Goh catches a greninja
The internet with crash...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
F'ing Brock got Mudkip to evolve and we all know Mudkip is far more marketable than Marshtomp and Swampert lol... plus they just had to have Ash tell Totodile he'd one day be a Feraligatr
I really wonder if Mudkip was really popular as Mudkip back in the day... I mean, they deemed it unworthy enough to simply dump it on Brock rather than have it be on either Ash's or May's team.

The popularity might have been a later thing, after Swampert proved to be more efficient in the competitive from back then (or maybe Gen 4 where online battles were more of a thing)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I really wonder if Mudkip was really popular as Mudkip back in the day... I mean, they deemed it unworthy enough to simply dump it on Brock rather than have it be on either Ash's or May's team.

The popularity might have been a later thing, after Swampert proved to be more efficient in the competitive from back then (or maybe Gen 4 where online battles were more of a thing)
I'm clearly speaking from a bias standpoint here... but when Gen 3 revealed the starters in the long since discontinued Nintendo Power magazine, I was instantly determined to use Mudkip as my starter Pokemon.
But in terms of true popularity, I think the only confirmed Gen 3 starter was Blaziken. And that's because it got immediate exposure thanks to Harrison in the Johto League.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Did you really take whatever Takeshi Shudo wrote seriously? lulz.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Back in the day, Marketing wasn't as big of a thing for the Anime as it is now.

Hence why there was a lot of early installment weirdness in the first 3 Gens.

The Starters marketability didn't seem like it was taken into account until Gen 4 where Piplup's Popularity BLEW UP! Hence why in subsequent Gens the Writer's have been trying hard to find the next Piplup through Oshawott, Chespin and then Rowlet with all 3 of themq essentially being clones of Piplup.

(With Oshawott and Chespin, although vastly more popular than their Evolutions, never quite stuck the landing.

Seems like they got what they were looking for with Rowlet tho because none of the Galar Starters seem very "Piplup-like")

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Can you guys imagine if they didn't decide to spoil this in advance?

Imagine the reactions if they waited until the Episode aired! XD
I think in this case it might be justified as judging from the preview, the episode doesn’t look like it’ll end with Sobble’s evolution. In fact I expect Sobble to evolve in the first few minutes before the opening and the rest of the episode be about it and Go’s relationship

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The writers apparently thought my boy Swampert was too ugly for Brock's team. I mean, Piplup and Oshawott's evolved forms aren't exactly what I'd call handsome, but still ...

Status
Not open for further replies.