• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Sobble evolving sounds like a good thing because that means Goh will probably end up with Inteleon later on. Don't know if his Grookey will ever evolve but if it does he'll have a full set of fully evolved Galar starters.
Go is probably the one main character for whom evolution doesn’t excite me. At that point, it’s basically like ‘Oh joy, now I get to watch cool Pokémon doing absolutely nothing interesting 90% of the time. This totally doesn’t feel like a complete waste’

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So Sobble and G. Farfetch'd:

-Were both caught around the same time

-Both got put on the back burner for 20+ Episodes where they had to take a backseat to Shillerace and Shillcario

-Both got 3 Episodes of Major Focus
(Sobble: "Messon Sobs for What Reason", "Messon In Possible", Woebegone Jimereon")
(G.Farfetch'd: "The Great Kamonegi Trial", Elite 4 Ganpi! House of Chivalry!", "Aim to become Leek Master! Stay with me Chivalry!")

-Both Trained off-screen

-Both Evolved around the same time

Hey I just have one Question.

What's wrong with this show's pacing?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Nice—one new starter capture and one more evolution. Guess Kyodaimax forms are coming—I knew the writers couldn’t resist playing on the themes of these Pokémon for character storylines and growth. Feels good to see that showcased through Gou. I wonder what waits for his squad now that his main trio are complete. I wonder if Messon becomes a genius weirdo after evolving?

Ѕhiny Missingno

-Both got put on the back burner for 20+ Episodes where they had to take a backseat to Shillerace and Shillcario

(Sobble: "Messon Sobs for What Reason", "Messon In Possible", Woebegone Jimereon")
(G.Farfetch'd: "The Great Kamonegi Trial", Elite 4 Ganpi! House of Chivalry!", "Aim to become Leek Master! Stay with me Chivalry!")

-Both Trained off-screen

In Garfetch'd defense, at least we have been shown that Ash is training it, he also used it against Bea, and it has been shown to be a very battle-hungry Pokémon as well. So the justification for it evolving is there.

Meanwhile, Sobble has done almost nothing outside of its couple focus episodes, and Gou certainly hasn't been giving it any battle training, so it's a lot more questionable.

Well, in Sobble's defense, it still did more during its few spotlight episodes than Mallow's Bounsweet did over the course of the entire Sun & Moon story before evolving, and that thing also evolved all the way.

Mythical-Moonlight

Well, in Sobble's defense, it still did more during its few spotlight episodes than Mallow's Bounsweet did over the course of the entire Sun & Moon story before evolving, and that thing also evolved all the way.
Don't forget Ash's Poipole lmao

(In All seriousness, I get the feeling they likely Evolved Bounsweet all the way to Tsareena to cover up for their lack of writing for Mallow since they clearly didn't know what to do with her

Just like how I get the feeling that they're Evolving Sobble because they've run out of ideas for to do with it in it's Base Stage)

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Don't forget Ash's Poipole lmao

(In All seriousness, I get the feeling they likely Evolved Bounsweet all the way to Tsareena to cover up for their lack of writing for Mallow since they clearly didn't know what to do with her

Just like how I get the feeling that they're Evolving Sobble because they've run out of ideas for to do with it in it's Base Stage)
Cool

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Why do you have to have to evolve a Pokemon so another Pokemon can get focus now? Do they really think the audience has no memory or what?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I don’t understand the comparing of the duck and chameleon. One is a crybaby that is learning to battle and become stronger in its own way from a character standpoint. One was already decent ignored for 20 episodes and suddenly super strong and drove the PWC rank up to its peak thus far.

The onion ducks development was just ignored then done mostly off screen- it didn’t need to become a better battler or braver. It just needed to become a better ally to Satoshi. Messon is a first stage Pokémon and has helped out a few times—it had its big focus episode and is now evolving at a time suitable for a 1-stage weaker Pokémon. Realistically speaking PM/Journeys has mostly been working with this rapid fire and compact style of growth from the get-go. The days of waiting nearly 100 episodes for starters to evolve is over.

dman_dustin

-Both Trained off-screen

You forget that catching gives Experience points to Pokemon, so since Go is catching everything and because the anime has to have an Exp. All just distributed to what the writers want to evolve next, and that's why Sobble is evolving with little development.

As for Farfetch'd, just requires three critical hits to evolve, in retrospect to battling development much easier. Then again all level up Pokemon could evolve easily within battle they just are arbitrary as to how it works.

I'd say just give it up. At the end of the day; Game Mechanic or even Anime Mechanic, evolution will always be arbitrary since Pokemon like Chimchar should've evolved MUCH sooner than it did whereas something like Sobble probably could've used more screentime/battling. So it's ultimately whatever, they're going to do what they're going to do.

mystreon

the elder eevee
I was never against Go getting all 3 even if I wanted Ash to get any of them but it is nice that they’re getting consistent development unlike his team.
Honestly, this, ashs team is mostly shafted especially if there focusing on one, dragonite and gengar may aswell not exist and i was even against them from the start, two kanto mons that didnt need to be in ashs team when there's a whole region with new mons that he could be using like why did they write SM teams dynamic so well but fall so flat here its the same writers.

like i wanna see him with corviknight and orbeetle, like the ONE TIME the regions bug and bird are interesting are the one bloody time they deviate from ash getting the region bug or bird or bug and bird, it drives me up the bloody wall.

Mythical-Moonlight

I'm actually starting to think Sobble didn't know about Drizzile's existence and that's why Drizzile seems upset (hence the Title)

Sobble Evolved thinking that he was going to slip straight into an Inteleon

But he doesn't know Drizzile was his next step before Inteleon.

So as far as Drizzile knows, he's stuck like this and believes that he will never become an Inteleon

Hence that's why the title says "Woebegone Jimereon"?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm actually starting to think Sobble didn't know about Drizzile's existence and that's why Drizzile seems upset (hence the Title)

Sobble Evolved thinking that he was going to slip straight into an Inteleon

But he doesn't know Drizzile was his next step before Inteleon.

So as far as Drizzile knows, he's stuck like this and believes that he will never become an Inteleon

Hence that's why the title says "Woebegone Jimereon"?
Didn’t one of the lab assistants show the entire Sobble line in the Inteleon episode? Though it’d still probably be upset as Drizzile and Inteleon are polar opposites in term of personality

Status
Not open for further replies.