• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

I think with Satoshi’s team they’re forgoing interactions and dynamics because as battler and not centralized shillmon of the current generation they’re not really necessary. They’re meant to function as battler and blocks of actions/cool moments versus character development/vulnerability. You’re meant to be hyped on Pokémon like Lucario and a Gengar based off how just popular they are. They don’t necessarily need the actual dynamics/developments to showcase that.
But they're relying on us to use their in-game counterparts as a reference when the show actively works against that all the time.
Me having a special bond with my own Gengar isn't going to make me like ashes especially when the thing barely does anything.
What's a specially jarring that this is supposed to be the team that's going to take him to the top of the PWC ladder and face Leon yet they barely appear or have chemistry with each other

Last edited:

dman_dustin

They don’t necessarily need the actual dynamics/developments to showcase that.

They absolutely need to, to show off these monster characters.

Why forgo with what worked in Alola just to have battle drones? Why bother giving them personalities if they only exist as battle puppets? Despite the fact they are barely able to battle to begin with.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I know Old Interview is Old but I found this interesting

https://www.pokebeach.com/2008/07/s...with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

This part really got me thinking tho:

"How do you decide which Pokemon the characters get? What about for evolving them? He said the writers decide and he wasn’t sure what processes they go through, but he said that they will usually evolve something if there is something big coming up. As a side note, he explained the writers were the exact same ones from the beginning of the show and there were very few of them. I also asked why Piplup hasn’t evolved, and he said “probably because it’s cuter that way and its evolution is uglier.” He didn’t make it seem like Piplup would evolve anytime soon, but he didn’t actually say that.

Do you guys think that the writers really only evolve Starters due to popularity reasons or do you think that the writers have planned their Evolutions from the beginning?

I know that Interview is Old as Dirt now but I really do wonder if the writers have something coming up that required the Writers needing Sobble to evolve?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I know Old Interview is Old but I found this interesting

https://www.pokebeach.com/2008/07/s...with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

This part really got me thinking tho:

"How do you decide which Pokemon the characters get? What about for evolving them? He said the writers decide and he wasn’t sure what processes they go through, but he said that they will usually evolve something if there is something big coming up. As a side note, he explained the writers were the exact same ones from the beginning of the show and there were very few of them. I also asked why Piplup hasn’t evolved, and he said “probably because it’s cuter that way and its evolution is uglier.” He didn’t make it seem like Piplup would evolve anytime soon, but he didn’t actually say that.

Do you guys think that the writers really only evolve Starters due to popularity reasons or do you think that the writers have planned their Evolutions from the beginning?

I know that Interview is Old as Dirt now but I really do wonder if the writers have something coming up that required the Writers needing Sobble to evolve?

In this case, I really just think that they planned this ahead. The spacing of the debuts of the starters is what I'm using as a basis for my argument. They could've introduced Grookey ages ago, but only had it appear once Sobble was on the way 'out' as per being the basic stage starter.

As for evolving Sobble. I honestly don't think they could've kept it as is for the entirety of the arc. They tried this crybaby-arc with Axew/Scraggy and it didn't really work, because there was barely any resolution to it, but at least the BW-two had each other to keep bouncing off of. Sobble's bit would've gone stale if they were going to keep it as is for the remainin 90ish episodes.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If it was true writers were free to decide who gets which Pokemon back in 2008, it definitely isn't true anymore, with later interviews explaining that it's mostly decided by the marketers, with the writers getting some additional freedom in regards to less popular Pokemon.

Kibago did 100% certainly not evolve because the thing was selling too much merch in its current state.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh don't mind me, I'm just going to drop this here

index.php

@Spider-Phoenix @Ace-Barn Psst... Look
giphy-gif-cid-ecf05e473ewckkgczju1lmd084ajgs99kd9twumwq64le419-rid-giphy.gif

I really wish we knew where this is from. If it's a magazine, I'd consider buying, specially if that one's a poster.

I'll get content with a HQ version as well. My phone needs a new wallpapper

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Oh yeah I forgot the VA List comes out tomorrow.

I'm curious if Drizzile will still have Sayaka Senbongi playing it or if it's switching over to a New VA?

Also I hope the summary explains what's going on here because apart from Sobble's Evolution sequence, we still have no idea what is happening in this episode lol

(Remember when we thought that the Plusle and Minun Episode would just be about them and the Trainers trying to help fix pipes at Sakuragi's Lab only for the Summary to reveal an out of nowhere plotline with Team Rocket and Tauros? XD)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Looks like one of those posters from PASH to me....
It's a Poster from PASH Magazine that will be released on April 9th apparently

Buy what seems to be a fujoishi magazine because of a poster....

Now I might think about it. I did bought Anime Style for the Yajima interview but this time things are rougher...

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Im just gonna assume the "summary" comes late in the evening or early morning/noon depending on where you are from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.