• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Or the fact that it may have thought Drizzile would look good as a stepping stone but becoming one changed its mind.
It literally states in the summary that when Sobble evolved it thought that it had managed to evolve into a Inteleon, but was disappointed when it’s saw it’s reflection and saw that it had become a Drizzile.

So it’s pretty clear from the summary that Sobble thought it would evolve directly into Inteleon. Also it’s not hard to figure out that Sobble probably and likely thinks that Drizzile is a branch evolution and that Inteleon is forever out of it’s reach.

Because if Sobble knew that Drizzile was just a middle stage evolution that occurs before Inteleon then it wouldn’t have been depressed that it evolved into a Drizzle and would actually be happy instead because it would mean it’s half way to accomplishing it’s goal.

The fact that Sobble thought it would evolve directly into a Inteleon and got depressed when it saw that it became a Drizzile implies that it isn’t aware that Drizzile evolves into Inteleon nor was it aware that it would evolve into a Drizzile first.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It literally states in the summary that when Sobble evolved it thought that it had managed to evolve into a Inteleon, but was disappointed when it’s saw it’s reflection and saw that it had become a Drizzile.

So it’s pretty clear from the summary that Sobble thought it would evolve directly into Inteleon. Also it’s not hard to figure out that Sobble probably and likely thinks that Drizzile is a branch evolution and that Inteleon is forever out of it’s reach.

Because if Sobble knew that Drizzile was just a middle stage evolution that occurs before Inteleon then it wouldn’t have been depressed that it evolved into a Drizzle and would actually be happy instead because it would mean it’s half way to accomplishing it’s goal.

The fact that Sobble thought it would evolve directly into a Inteleon and got depressed when it saw that it became a Drizzile implies that it isn’t aware that Drizzile evolves into Inteleon nor was it aware that it would evolve into a Drizzile first.
But then...
Sounds like a stretch when it barely knew about intelion in the first place, and the worship didn’t come until they actually met.
Sobble just honestly forgot.

ShadowForce720

But then...

Sobble just honestly forgot.
Sounds like a stretch when it barely knew about intelion in the first place, and the worship didn’t come until they actually met.
Nope, actually I rewatch the episode and Sobble because impressed by Inteleon when Goh started talking about it and showed a image of Inteleon before the whole evolutionary line was shown.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
That is an interesting synopsis. Could be a good episode. Excited to see it unfold

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Nope, actually I rewatch the episode and Sobble because impressed by Inteleon when Goh started talking about it and showed a image of Inteleon before the whole evolutionary line was shown.
It was interested in it, but it wasn’t worshiping it with sparkling eyes like it was after they met.

If it didn’t know it evolves into drizzle, then it wouldn’t have known about inteleon as well. So it would’ve only known when renji mentioned it. It having tunnel vision the exact same time it first learned it would evolve is a stretch when there was an image right in the same place it was looking. It’s just too much of a stretch to immediately infer that from the scene when there’s nothing that suggests it.

They can say it forgot about it in the episode or something along that line as the excuse, but it still feels dumb when a there was a scene displaying the progression of the line rather if it was just offhandedly mentioned that it was going to evolve into inteleon. Sure they can make the plot point work, but it feels hella forced.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Given the fact that this episode is written by Shōji Yonemura, I've actually got a lot of hope for this one to turn out good

Shōji Yonemura is one of the few Writers that is still around since the OS

And he also wrote a lot of important Journeys Episodes (like the Mewtwo one for instance)

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_written_by_Shōji_Yonemura

(Interestingly enough, he's also involved in a lot of episodes where Leon appears)

Last edited:

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Given the fact that this episode is written by Shōji Yonemura, I've actually got a lot of hope for this one to turn out good

Shōji Yonemura is one of the few Writers that is still around since the OS

And he also wrote a lot of important Journeys Episodes (like the Mewtwo one for instance)

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_written_by_Shōji_Yonemura

(Interestingly enough, he's also involved in a lot of episodes where Leon appears)
And Goh's bug catching spree, and the infamous Grookey episode, and he's the lead writer of Journeys.
Which is why I have no hope for this episode.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
And Goh's bug catching spree, and the infamous Grookey episode, and he's the lead writer of Journeys.
Which is why I have no hope for this episode.
Grookey's episode wasn't too bad except for people thinking Goh "stole" Grookey from Team Rocket for some reason?

(And even if he did, Team Rocket themselves definitely aren't in any position to complain lol)

ShadowForce720

GOH STOLE IT !!
Grookey literally chose to leave them itself. Which is something that you seem to be overlooking, at the end of the day it was not Goh’s idea for Grookey to leave Team Rocket, it was all Grookey’s idea.

Heck the only reason Goh searched for Grookey after Team Rocket left with it was because he wanted to return it’s stick to it.

Plus it was established with both Ash’s Snivy and Froakie that a Pokémon can choose to leave it’s trainer.

Grookey was the one who chose to smash it’s poke ball and then encourage Goh to catch it.

Where as in Team Rocket Trios case they literally try to take Pokémon against their so they can give it to their boss.

Whether you agree with it or not at the end of the day it was Grookey’s decision, so no Goh did not steal it.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Grookey literally chose to leave them itself. Which is something that you seem to be overlooking, at the end of the day it was not Goh’s idea for Grookey to leave Team Rocket, it was all Grookey’s idea.

Heck the only reason Goh searched for Grookey after Team Rocket left with it was because he wanted to return it’s stick to it.

Plus it was established with both Ash’s Snivy and Froakie that a Pokémon can choose to leave it’s trainer.

Grookey was the one who chose to smash it’s poke ball and then encourage Goh to catch it.

Where as in Team Rocket Trios case they literally try to take Pokémon against their so they can give it to their boss.

Whether you agree with it or not at the end of the day it was Grookey’s decision, so no Goh did not steal it.
Grookey stole itself

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Grookey's episode wasn't too bad.
I still find the very idea that a Grookey just so happened to go into this one building - among many - with the open window, on the second or third floor, and immediately deemed Goh a swell dude to sleep with.

I would have believed the reason better if it was drawn by a fresh baked pie, but even, that would still be too convenient.

Not even an ethereal voice looking for the chosen one is this convenient.

ShadowForce720

I still find the very idea that a Grookey just so happened to go into this one building - among many - with the open window, on the second or third floor, and immediately deemed Goh a swell dude to sleep with.

I would have believed the reason better if it was drawn by a fresh baked pie, but even, that would still be too convenient.

Not even an ethereal voice looking for the chosen one is this convenient.
This is nothing new for the anime since if you look the history of the anime plenty of things that have happened to Ash or “x” character are convenient, this not something that only just started with Goh.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is nothing new for the anime.
But it is. As far as I know, in all previous instances, both parties were awake and struck conversations/fights before getting interested in each other.

All Goh did was sleep on a Tuesday in a region that should have no Galarian Pokemon in it while having an extremely unrelated(?) prophetic dream about Rilla and BOOM! Grookey get. Literally the least effort anyone can virtually do to get a Pokemon (and this coming from the kid that has no issues 96% of the time. It was putting less effort on less effort).

(Then there's the other dumb thing that was Grookey ignoring Ash, but I guess the Pikachu looked too dangerous.)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

But it is. As far as I know, in all previous instances, both parties were awake and struck conversations/fights before getting interested in each other.

All Goh did was sleep on a Tuesday and BOOM! Grookey get.

Then there's the other dumb thing that was Grookey ignoring Ash anyway.
While this particular situation is unusual, no matter how you try to argue it the fact of the matter is things conveniently happening to “x” character is nothing new.

If you look at the history of the anime plenty of things have conveniently happened to Ash and/or “x” character.

Also Grookey not taking an interest in Ash isn’t dumb as not all Pokémon take an interest in Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.