• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
what if it's a wild drizzile and Go's Sobble's just curled up in a cupboard somewhere like its been for the past...uh...

...when was the last time Sobble did anything again?
Naaah. All the promotional images featuring Drizzile with Goh make it impossible for it to be any other Drizzile.

I mean, it's not like a starter from another region somehow got into the lab's grounds without anyone noticing. That'd be so stupid if it actually happened because that'd mean a psycho murderer could also get in through the window, right.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
That'd be so stupid if it actually happened because that'd mean a psycho murderer could also get in through the window, right.
*stares at gengar and a fair few of Go's pokemon*

A little late for that, don't you think?

Sakuragi's already had to clone Ash and Go several times, given they've been eaten by bug-type pokemon and annihilated by golurk when it went berserk

ShadowForce720

That's the boring option though
It doesn’t matter if you find it boring or not, because at the end of the day the fact is the summary literally confirms that Goh’s Sobble is evolving in this episode.

The description says that it evolved after rescuing an Oddish.

How that happened and why the Preview didn't bother to show it is anyone's guess tho
Easy, it took a page out of Sycamore’s Garchomp book of how it evolved from a Gabite to a Garchomp. lol XD

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I’ve just realised that we never saw Sobble and Grookey interact, like as soon as Grookey arrived, Sobble just sort of vanished.

Reminds me of when people said that Sobble wasn't going to evolve because of the Current Opening lol

If this doesn't prove OP's can't be trusted idk what the does
People should've learned this lesson after the infamous Charizard vs Reshiram we never got.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Given the fact that this episode is written by Shōji Yonemura, I've actually got a lot of hope for this one to turn out good

Shōji Yonemura is one of the few Writers that is still around since the OS

And he also wrote a lot of important Journeys Episodes (like the Mewtwo one for instance)

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_written_by_Shōji_Yonemura

(Interestingly enough, he's also involved in a lot of episodes where Leon appears)

Yeah that's actually invoking the opposite feelings for me. The Mewtwo episode has to be one of my least liked episodes of Journeys.

dman_dustin

Mewtwo isn't Mewtwo without Shudo. Without Shudo, Mewtwo is reduced to, "Do you know who I am? Good. SHADOW BALL."

How is that not Shudo Mewtwo?

Journey's Mewtwo was far more lenient. Mewtwo didn't even attack until Ash and Go asked Mewtwo to battle.

Shudo Mewtwo was "Imma just steal your Pokemon..."

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How is that not Shudo Mewtwo?

Journey's Mewtwo was far more lenient. Mewtwo didn't even attack until Ash and Go asked Mewtwo to battle.

Shudo Mewtwo was "Imma just steal your Pokemon..."
For starters, Shudo would have totally made the entire episode about Mewtwo instead of the last 8 minutes. Surely even have Mewtwo interact with the Pokemon he's with. Instead, he's just...floating around menacingly, doing nothing, until these two kids come to his turf and start talking about their goals which he then starts judging because...maybe he was bored, I don't know.

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

For starters, Shudo would have totally made the entire episode about Mewtwo instead of the last 8 minutes. Surely even have Mewtwo interact with the Pokemon he's with. Instead, he's just...floating around menacingly, doing nothing, until these two kids come to his turf and start talking about their goals which he then starts judging because...maybe he was bored, I don't know.
Shudo left the show early so.....I doubt he would have come back to write Mewtwo, since he didn’t do that while he was still alive and the show running. Perhaps he wouldn’t even have allowed the show to use his Mewtwo. I agree that Mewtwo didn’t feel in-character to me either. They made him too.....unapproachable as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.