• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
BTW

This will be the very last time you all will see this face on your screen

index.php

Any last words before he's gone forever?

I'll start:

As much as I'm happy to see you evolve, I'm still going to miss your sweet smiling face

Farewell, little Sobble. You were adorable, but your running gag got old quick.

AsH KetcHHup

BTW

This will be the very last time you all will see this face on your screen

index.php

Any last words before he's gone forever?

I'll start:

As much as I'm happy to see you evolve, I'm still going to miss your sweet smiling face
Dude ur getting a fringe and a pair of mittens. I can understand why you look so depressed in this episode

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Yeah I will not miss it crying and glad that we won’t see it doing that again, I want to thank the fans in Japan for making Inteleon more popular then it’s pre evolve forms.
I remember when people thought that Sobble would be "the next Rowlet" because his crying gag was similar to Rowlet's sleeping gag.
Not to mention Inteleon and Decidueye have similar aesthetics with both being Sneaky, Snipers with somewhat of a Sinister look (Decidueye wears a dark hoodie with a move called "Sinister Arrow Raid" while Inteleon's G-Max sits upon a giant eerie Sniper Tower, has a Trading Card called "Shady Dealings" and one of the Japanese profiles for Inteleon description him as having a "Devilish Smile" XD)

I'm glad that didn't happen as I thought Rowlet's sleeping gag was overdone.
It especially got annoying at the alola league.

Remember Ash vs Hau?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I remember when people thought that Sobble would be "the next Rowlet" because his crying gag was similar to Rowlet's sleeping gag.
Not to mention Inteleon and Decidueye have similar aesthetics with both being Sneaky, Snipers with somewhat of a Sinister look (Decidueye wears a dark hoodie with a move called "Sinister Arrow Raid" while Inteleon's G-Max sits upon a giant eerie Sniper Tower, has a Trading Card called "Shady Dealings" and one of the Japanese profiles for Inteleon description him as having a "Devilish Smile" XD)

Remember Ash vs Hau?
Difference is Rowlet was tied to a competitive(?) trainer while Sobble should by all means have the same issue with Goh, but since Goh very lazily catches Pokemon by flinging a ball, Sobble's gag shouldn't infuriate anyone.

ShadowForce720

Is it a running gag if it only showed up once
No, actually Sobble’s gag while not as common as gags in previous series did happened more then once in Pokémon Journeys.

Although when it comes to most gags in Journeys it seems to take the route of rotating them and not using the same gags to often unlike how the past Pokémon anime series operated.

Because in past series when they used gags they tended to run them into the ground by using them way to often, not only that they were some cases where in certain episodes they make it seem like a character is evolving past the gag only to then at the end of the episode to just revert back to the same gag.

Master Pikachu 11

Remember Ash vs Hau?
Yeah that was probably the worst battle of the league, and unfortunately Rowlet was more popular then Decidueye which is why they didn’t evolve it. Even though I preferred Decidueye, I am glad that Inteleon is more popular then Sobble.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Locormus

Remember Ash vs Frieza?

You mean that coldhearted rival with the purple head that kicked the 'stupid monkey' to the curb, but got stomped by said 'stupid monkey' after it upgraded its hair and eyecolor?

Because you know Pau...

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Unpopular opinion: I quite like Rowlet's sleeping gag. No matter how many times it got re-used, I was smiling and sometimes laughing.

It did annoy me a lot when it was used in the Ash vs Hau battle especially with how up until this moment Rowlet has seemed to be very awake during battles.
Same feeling honestly
The gag was great, but unecessary for that league match

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Remember Ash vs. Cameron?
That one was bad too.

But oddly enough, Rowlett vs Decidueye sounds kind of worse considering the whole "calling Hau the match winner" thing.

Locormus

That one was bad too.

But oddly enough, Rowlett vs Decidueye sounds kind of worse considering the whole "calling Hau the match winner" thing.

Well, yes and no. I mean if you look at the context there are several things that would make your head scratch about both fights.

Ash vs. Hau:
- Ash pretty much knew that Hau was going to use Decidueye. He had a perfectly fine Torracat on the bench. Why did he sanction Rowlet to get in that fight?
- The overstepping of the writers with the running gag.

Ash vs. Cameron:
- I get that the gag was that Cameron was a scatterbrain that somehow manages to get by, but letting him bring only five pokémon does two things:
1. Despite picking the wrong pokémon during multiple match-ups in the fight, Ash losing to basically two pokémon was a kick in the teeth.
2. It further diminished the amount of battle wins the Unova-cast could get in their league. Especially since each member only got one battle appearance and Scraggy's was a quick KO vs. an cotd Darumaka.
- Why did Ash bring such an underdeveloped team to this battle? If he brought Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite, Leavanny, Boldore and Unfezant he would've had a better chance. Oshawott and Snivy had been deadweight since the 5th gym and they were again in this battle.
- Again, this is the guy that sent in a Steel/Grass-type against a Fire-type (3rd strongest of the squad) and a Water/Flying-type vs. an Electric-type ('Peak'achu) and Ash still managed to lose this. Ash had six pokémon on hand and only TWO got wins in this battle.
- Personally, I was annoyed that Ash had so many 'evolution'-DEM wins during the gym challenges (which weren't all necessary) that Riolu evolving felt like some forced sense of karma.

Same feeling honestly
The gag was great, but unecessary for that league match

I wouldn't say it was 'great', but considering how owls are in general nocturnal species... It kind of made sense to have Rowlet be a sleepyhead during the day - and thus the usage was fine (for the most part). I agree that they kind of overstepped during the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.