• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: PM2019 062 - Woebegone Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Well, yes and no. I mean if you look at the context there are several things that would make your head scratch about both fights.

Ash vs. Hau:
- Ash pretty much knew that Hau was going to use Decidueye. He had a perfectly fine Torracat on the bench. Why did he sanction Rowlet to get in that fight?
- The overstepping of the writers with the running gag.

Ash vs. Cameron:
- I get that the gag was that Cameron was a scatterbrain that somehow manages to get by, but letting him bring only five pokémon does two things:
1. Despite picking the wrong pokémon during multiple match-ups in the fight, Ash losing to basically two pokémon was a kick in the teeth.
2. It further diminished the amount of battle wins the Unova-cast could get in their league. Especially since each member only got one battle appearance and Scraggy's was a quick KO vs. an cotd Darumaka.
- Why did Ash bring such an underdeveloped team to this battle? If he brought Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite, Leavanny, Boldore and Unfezant he would've had a better chance. Oshawott and Snivy had been deadweight since the 5th gym and they were again in this battle.
- Again, this is the guy that sent in a Steel/Grass-type against a Fire-type (3rd strongest of the squad) and a Water/Flying-type vs. an Electric-type ('Peak'achu) and Ash still managed to lose this. Ash had six pokémon on hand and only TWO got wins in this battle.
- Personally, I was annoyed that Ash had so many 'evolution'-DEM wins during the gym challenges (which weren't all necessary) that Riolu evolving felt like some forced sense of karma.

I wouldn't say it was 'great', but considering how owls are in general nocturnal species... It kind of made sense to have Rowlet be a sleepyhead during the day - and thus the usage was fine (for the most part). I agree that they kind of overstepped during the battle.
The reason why Ash chose to use Decidueye against Hau’s Decidueye, was because it was Rowlet’s rival and Rowlet was showing it really wanted to beat it to the point where it went out of the way to train to learn a new move before the match.

Although in many ways Rowlet falling alseep during it’s important battle was practically a slap in the face to everyone involved and could be seen as rather insulting to Hau and his Decidueye.

If they wanted to do the sleep during the league it should have been right before the battle or when it was called out with Ash waking it up or it should have been right after Ash won wins he comes over to Rowlet to celebrate.

In all honesty I think if they really wanted something to happen during the match it would have been better for it to be a case of Rowlet evolving into Dartrix during the match rather then falling a sleep.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Yeah that was probably the worst battle of the league, and unfortunately Rowlet was more popular then Decidueye which is why they didn’t evolve it. Even though I preferred Decidueye, I am glad that Inteleon is more popular then Sobble.
If Sobble becoming a Drizzile is enough to make it depressed imagine if Sobble got the everstone. He'd be freaking HEARTBROKEN and we would NEVER hear the end of it crying! *shudders* o_O

Spyro39

If Sobble becoming a Drizzile is enough to make it depressed imagine if Sobble got the everstone. He'd be freaking HEARTBROKEN and we would NEVER hear the end of it crying! *shudders* o_O

Sobble or Goh throws away the everstone and everyone moves on. Problem solved.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Sobble or Goh throws away the everstone and everyone moves on. Problem solved.
I meant like if he swallowed it like Rowlet but in retrospect it probably wouldn't make sense for Sobble to swallow one.

And Ash decided to let it keep it, so that meant he used it. It's just Rowlet found it.
Ash did seem surprisingly devastated when Rowlet first swallowed it.

He let it slide when he saw that Rowlet liked it and helped him learn Seed Bomb

ShadowForce720

I meant like if he swallowed it like Rowlet but in retrospect it probably wouldn't make sense for Sobble to swallow one.

Ash did seem surprisingly devastated when Rowlet first swallowed it.

He let it slide when he saw that Rowlet liked it and helped him learn Seed Bomb
I mean to be fair given Ash’s Rowlet’s personality I wouldn’t be that surprised if it’s not even aware that the Everstone prevents evolution.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
- Ash pretty much knew that Hau was going to use Decidueye. He had a perfectly fine Torracat on the bench. Why did he sanction Rowlet to get in that fight?

Because Ash wanted to win with Rowlett since their first battle was Ash's Rowlett vs Hau's then-Dartrix.

In many ways, Hau's introduction episode felt more like an excuse to set up Rowlett vs Decidueye in the league

- The overstepping of the writers with the running gag.

Yeah, I'd say that's what makes the whole thing bitter, specially with HOW it's been used.

The way they did was just plain cruel to Hau. I get they prefer their "wonderful" original creations or characters they used because they wanted to, but they could still do a better job with a major game character.

Ash vs. Cameron:
- I get that the gag was that Cameron was a scatterbrain that somehow manages to get by, but letting him bring only five pokémon does two things:
1. Despite picking the wrong pokémon during multiple match-ups in the fight, Ash losing to basically two pokémon was a kick in the teeth.
2. It further diminished the amount of battle wins the Unova-cast could get in their league. Especially since each member only got one battle appearance and Scraggy's was a quick KO vs. an cotd Darumaka.
- Why did Ash bring such an underdeveloped team to this battle? If he brought Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite, Leavanny, Boldore and Unfezant he would've had a better chance. Oshawott and Snivy had been deadweight since the 5th gym and they were again in this battle.
- Again, this is the guy that sent in a Steel/Grass-type against a Fire-type (3rd strongest of the squad) and a Water/Flying-type vs. an Electric-type ('Peak'achu) and Ash still managed to lose this. Ash had six pokémon on hand and only TWO got wins in this battle.
- Personally, I was annoyed that Ash had so many 'evolution'-DEM wins during the gym challenges (which weren't all necessary) that Riolu evolving felt like some forced sense of karma.

I had more of an issue with how Cameron was stupid most of the time and won by sheer luck than with what Ash's used. Oshawott could be competent when he wanted and Snivy wasn't half bad.

Were the rest of the Unova squad more competent? Yeah, but I think they were decent fighters. Plus, in some ways, one could say Ash did an unconscious choices. Like considering his prior knowledge about how absent-minded his rival was, he thought he didn't have many big hitters besides Riolu.

And unless I'm misremembering, Ash kind of handicapped himself by using 5 pokémon as well. I'd say he got his duo for trying to be "overly fair".

ShadowForce720

Because Ash wanted to win with Rowlett since their first battle was Ash's Rowlett vs Hau's then-Dartrix.

In many ways, Hau's introduction episode felt more like an excuse to set up Rowlett vs Decidueye in the league

Yeah, I'd say that's what makes the whole thing bitter, specially with HOW it's been used.

The way they did was just plain cruel to Hau. I get they prefer their "wonderful" original creations or characters they used because they wanted to, but they could still do a better job with a major game character.

I had more of an issue with how Cameron was stupid most of the time and won by sheer luck than with what Ash's used. Oshawott could be competent when he wanted and Snivy wasn't half bad.

Were the rest of the Unova squad more competent? Yeah, but I think they were decent fighters. Plus, in some ways, one could say Ash did an unconscious choices. Like considering his prior knowledge about how absent-minded his rival was, he thought he didn't have many big hitters besides Riolu.

And unless I'm misremembering, Ash kind of handicapped himself by using 5 pokémon as well. I'd say he got his duo for trying to be "overly fair".
No, in his full battle between him and Cameron, Ash did use a team of 6 and here is how their teams broke down during that match:

Ash’s team: Boldore, Oshawott, Pignite, Unfezant, Snivy, and Pikachu

Cameron’s team: Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Samurott, Swanna, and Riolu/Lucario

additionally during Cameron’s match against Virgil it was confirmed on a scoreboard that Cameron had a Watchog although he never used it against Ash.

Also Ash’s full battle with Cameron proceeded like this:

Boldore vs Hydreigon: Hydreigon
Oshawott vs Hydreigon: Hydreigon
Pignite vs Hydreigon: Pignite
Pignite vs Ferrothorn: Pignite
Pignite vs Samurott: Samurott
Pikachu vs Samurott: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Swanna: Pikachu and recalled
Unfezant vs Riolu: Riolu
Snivy vs Riolu/Lucario(evolves during the battle): Lucario
Pikachu vs Lucario: Lucario

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
No, in his full battle between him and Cameron, Ash did use a team of 6 and here is how their teams broke down during that match:

Ash’s team: Boldore, Oshawott, Pignite, Unfezant, Snivy, and Pikachu

Cameron’s team: Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Samurott, Swanna, and Riolu/Lucario

additionally during Cameron’s match against Virgil it was confirmed on a scoreboard that Cameron had a Watchog although he never used it against Ash.

Also Ash’s full battle with Cameron proceeded like this:

Boldore vs Hydreigon: Hydreigon
Oshawott vs Hydreigon: Hydreigon
Pignite vs Hydreigon: Pignite
Pignite vs Ferrothorn: Pignite
Pignite vs Samurott: Samurott
Pikachu vs Samurott: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Swanna: Pikachu and recalled
Unfezant vs Riolu: Riolu
Snivy vs Riolu/Lucario(evolves during the battle): Lucario
Pikachu vs Lucario: Lucario

Thank you. For some reason I forgot that. I guess that part annoyed me so much I kind of erased it from my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.