• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: XY068 - Mega Evolution is Being Targeted! The Bond with Garchomp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I hope there is another cute scene with bonnie interacting with garchomp and maybe dedenne too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope there is another cute scene with bonnie interacting with garchomp and maybe dedenne too.

Are her "cute" scenes in every other episode not enough already? I want her to have a seat here and let relevant characters like Sycamore shine tbh.

Can anyone please answer me as to how garchomp is mega evolving without a mega stone?What's cauisng it.

On this site that I was reading it said that it could be from lysandre's megalith from act 3 which is causing the suuden mega evoltion

soveryanon.tumblr.com/post/114780049733/im-scared-really-arent-you-also-afraid-alan

Last edited:
This waht it said on that site I linked:
The fact that the Megalith was brought back to Kalos could influence some elements that are coming close, though. We still don’t know how Platane’s Gaburias is supposed to mega-evolve in XY068: the summaries don’t mention any stone so far, and we know Platane has been lacking stones (hence Alan’s departure and the reason why Platane went to see Carnet in XY028). The Rocket trio is involved, so that could mean that either them, either Platane, will provide a Mega Stone – or, it could be, maybe, the Megalith’s influence beginning to disturb Mega Evolution in Kalos? From what we saw in the trailer, Gaburias won’t mega-evolve in Miare City; we saw Platane and Satoshi-tachi driving in natural landscapes… and Mega Gaburias in a rocky landscape.

Fleurdelys labs are located between mountains and the sea: could it be that the group will accidentally get close, way too close to the labs without realizing it?

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
This waht it said on that site I linked:
The fact that the Megalith was brought back to Kalos could influence some elements that are coming close, though. We still don’t know how Platane’s Gaburias is supposed to mega-evolve in XY068: the summaries don’t mention any stone so far, and we know Platane has been lacking stones (hence Alan’s departure and the reason why Platane went to see Carnet in XY028). The Rocket trio is involved, so that could mean that either them, either Platane, will provide a Mega Stone – or, it could be, maybe, the Megalith’s influence beginning to disturb Mega Evolution in Kalos? From what we saw in the trailer, Gaburias won’t mega-evolve in Miare City; we saw Platane and Satoshi-tachi driving in natural landscapes… and Mega Gaburias in a rocky landscape.

Fleurdelys labs are located between mountains and the sea: could it be that the group will accidentally get close, way too close to the labs without realizing it?

I would support the theory that the megalith is involved with Garchomp's mega evolution. They're already showing a cameo of Alain in the episode which references the Mega Acts, so why not introduce the megalith into the story to help bring the main series and acts together. The summaries have mentioned how they're shocked at Garchomp's mega evolution, I don't think a mega stone is present in that case since they're all aware that they're needed.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The megalith being responsible for Garchomp Mega Evolving is a really neat idea. If this scenario does happen, there's hope for Team Flare making a cameo ala Galactic at the end of the episode yet.

Lorde

Would it be a stretch/plot hole if Sycamore's Garchomp was just accidentally exposed to a Garchompite here and Mega Evolves that way? :x

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Would it be a stretch/plot hole if Sycamore's Garchomp was just accidentally exposed to a Garchompite here and Mega Evolves that way? :x

Without a key stone on Sycamore's end yeah a bit of a stretch, but hey its the anime lol.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ

It would make a lot more sense if Sycamore had both the Keystone and the Mega Stone, and Team Rocket stole it and forced it to Mega Evolve. Which would explain the rampaging.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Yes cause Sycamore would need a Key Stone. unless this has to do with the thing Lysandre stole from Hoenn.

Lorde

It would make a lot more sense if Sycamore had both the Keystone and the Mega Stone, and Team Rocket stole it and forced it to Mega Evolve. Which would explain the rampaging.

I guess. I simply wasn't sure if Sycamore even had a Keystone to begin with or if TR would simply have stolen the corresponding Mega Stone only.

Ѕhiny Missingno

Considering that Sycamore has already been researching Garchomp's potential to Mega evolve, it's not too unbelievable for the man to already have a Garchompite. Of course, key stone is the problem here but we should also remember that there is one key stone in Lumiose City that would be a lot more convenient plotwise than the megalith. One that belongs to a character who we honestly haven't seen enough considering his secret identity and supposed relevance to protecting Lumiose City.

ShadowForce720

The Legendary Giant Stone was surely just meant for Rayquaza and no other Pokemon.

Pokemon randomly Mega Evolving is so manga material.

No we know that's not the case because otherwise Primal Groundon and Primal Kyogre wouldn't have specifically tried to get it. So it would make some degree of sense if it could cause pokemon to mega evolve without need their specific mega stone and a trainer that they have bonded with being nearby.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
No we know that's not the case because otherwise Primal Groundon and Primal Kyogre wouldn't have specifically tried to get it. So it would make some degree of sense if it could cause pokemon to mega evolve without need their specific mega stone and a trainer that they have bonded with being nearby.

Another sound theory. Even if Garchomp had a garchompite and TR got a key stone without the bond created by trainer and Pokemon they couldn't mega evolve it. Considering TR's role in Kalos I wouldn't say they're capable of creating a way to mega evolve pokemon anyway. The megalith seems like a perfect way to work around the stones needed and making Team Flare (whenever they appear) more of a threat.

Lorde

Pokemon randomly Mega Evolving is so manga material.

To be frank, the anime has its bad writing moments as well in my view. So honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Garchomp's Mega Evolution is induced via an alternate method.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Another sound theory. Even if Garchomp had a garchompite and TR got a key stone without the bond created by trainer and Pokemon they couldn't mega evolve it. Considering TR's role in Kalos I wouldn't say they're capable of creating a way to mega evolve pokemon anyway. The megalith seems like a perfect way to work around the stones needed and making Team Flare (whenever they appear) more of a threat.

Unfortunately, there's never been an instance when a Mega Stone and a Key Stone don't work on the same person and Pokemon.

As I've said several posts ago a long time ago, I only think Garchomp will Mega Evolve through TRio, but since they're not even decent people to it, the power surge will be entirely negative.

ShadowForce720

Unfortunately, there's never been an instance when a Mega Stone and a Key Stone don't work on the same person and Pokemon.

As I've said several posts ago a long time ago, I only think Garchomp will Mega Evolve through TRio, but since they're not even decent people to it, the power surge will be entirely negative.

I could easily see that Team Flare could be testing out the Megalith and it causes Garchomp to Mega evolve and there is no reason why it couldn't happen in the anime and I highly doubt that TRio is capable of being able to force Garchomp to Mega evolve and it could happen where Team Rocket kidnaps it to try and force it but what actually winds up causing it is Team Flare testing out the Megalith and it would also be interesting if it is noted that other nearby pokemon that are capable of Mega evolving just suddenly mega evolved too and it would make sense that Team Flare would want to test the Megalith.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I could easily see that Team Flare could be testing out the Megalith and it causes Garchomp to Mega evolve and there is no reason why it couldn't happen in the anime and I highly doubt that TRio is capable of being able to force Garchomp to Mega evolve and it could happen where Team Rocket kidnaps it to try and force it but what actually winds up causing it is Team Flare testing out the Megalith and it would also be interesting if it is noted that other nearby pokemon that are capable of Mega evolving just suddenly mega evolved too and it would make sense that Team Flare would want to test the Megalith.

I thought Lysandre didn't want to get involved with Sycamore because he could tell he's up to no good? Why would he try to use something close to Sycamore all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.