• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 16th: XY068 - Mega Evolution is Being Targeted! The Bond with Garchomp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I thought Lysandre didn't want to get involved with Sycamore because he could tell he's up to no good? Why would he try to use something close to Sycamore all of a sudden?

I highly doubt he actually cares that Sycamore would be around it's more that he didn't want to be found out early because then it would be that much harder to get the megalith however now that he has the Megalith he does it really need Alain anymore and probably doesn't care about if Sycamore finds out about what he is doing and it would be unlikely that Sycamore would know that Lysandre was responsible and plus right now Lysandre's main concern is testing out the Megalith and he may also see it as maybe an indirect way of getting Sycamore by using it so knowing that Garchomp would go on a rampage and attack everything in sight as not be able to control the new power right away and plus if Alain asked about it he could easily say that he didn't know that Garchomp would go berserk and attack Sycamore or wrap it around to saying that Sycamore research accidently casued Garchomp to mega evolve and because of that it attacked Sycamore so basically it's because it would be easy for him to deny have any responsibly while also allowing him to test the Megalith and being a way to try to get rid of Sycamore.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Considering TR's role in Kalos I wouldn't say they're capable of creating a way to mega evolve pokemon anyway.

TR has created pretty strong mind control devices in XY, so them being able to forcibly Mega Evolve Pokemon simply for plot's sake wouldn't even surprise me tbh.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Another sound theory. Even if Garchomp had a garchompite and TR got a key stone without the bond created by trainer and Pokemon they couldn't mega evolve it. Considering TR's role in Kalos I wouldn't say they're capable of creating a way to mega evolve pokemon anyway. The megalith seems like a perfect way to work around the stones needed and making Team Flare (whenever they appear) more of a threat.

The bond is exactly why Lucario and Korrina screwed up. It went crazy. My money is on TR stealing Sycamores keystone.

I like the sound of the Megalith causing this,its like it triggers the mega evolution of all the Pokemon in the Kalos region capable of mega evolving and causes them to rampage and lose control.That would make an interesting twist.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I like the sound of the Megalith causing this,its like it triggers the mega evolution of all the Pokemon in the Kalos region capable of mega evolving and causes them to rampage and lose control.That would make an interesting twist.

Honestly that sounds lame, no megastone to trigger it on other pokemon just sounds bad mechanic wise.

ShadowForce720

Honestly that sounds lame, no megastone to trigger it on other pokemon just sounds bad mechanic wise.

How is it a bad mechanic when you consider the fact that the Megalith is a lot more powerful then your average mega stone so powerful that not only did it allow Rayquzaya to Mega evolve without needing any trainers and that also Primal Groundon and Primal Kyogre were so determined to go and try to get it for themselves. It would make sense that it would be able to make other pokemon mega evolve without need a trainer and mega stone.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
How is it a bad mechanic when you consider the fact that the Megalith is a lot more powerful then your average mega stone so powerful that not only did it allow Rayquzaya to Mega evolve without needing any trainers and that also Primal Groundon and Primal Kyogre were so determined to go and try to get it for themselves. It would make sense that it would be able to make other pokemon mega evolve without need a trainer and mega stone.

They are different, Grougre go primal by absorbing energy. Rayquaza has a liver ex Machina that uses meteorites and prayers. The other pokemon need a stone to hold, and a player with a keystone with a "bond" to trigger it.

ShadowForce720

They are different, Grougre go primal by absorbing energy. Rayquaza has a liver ex Machina that uses meteorites and prayers. The other pokemon need a stone to hold, and a player with a keystone with a "bond" to trigger it.

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre were clearly going after the megalith.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre were clearly going after the megalith.

Wich looks only similar to the stone in cave of origin that allows them to absorb energy. It sounds like you are trying to push a theory that has no basis mechanics wise.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Wich looks only similar to the stone in cave of origin that allows them to absorb energy. It sounds like you are trying to push a theory that has no basis mechanics wise.

The anime is well known for not following the games completely. You could ask why were primal forms possible in Act 3 when both orbs were destroyed in Advanced Generation. It was even said that the megalith contains mega evolution power in Act 3. So the idea that it could mega evolve pokemon regardless of stones seems possible. Really if this ep was just to promote mega Garchomp it seems pointless since we've had it shown in battle in Act 1. Even throwing in an Alan flashback seems to serve no purpose unless your trying to promote a crossover in story between both series.

Lorde

I like the sound of the Megalith causing this

I don't because then it would just be a plot device for future Mega Evolution drama, which we've seen enough of already in my view.

Xuxuba

oh god i can't believe there are still people out there who think the anime is trying to follow every single aspect of the games...
Yes it's possible in the anime to mega evolve without those three things (mega ring/trainer/mega stones). Bad writing would be to just forget that this can happen and it happened before (Mega Mewtwo Y - without trainer/ring/stone, Mega Diancie - without trainer/ring, Mega Rayquaza - without trainer/ring/stone).

Janovy

Banned
The Megalith can't be causing it since in Act III Lysandre says they've managed to contain its radiation of energy, hence Mega Rayquaza reverts back to Rayquaza and is seemingly no longer aware of its presence.

But it's a great idea IMO.

Last edited:

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Unless Lysandre has learnt to weaponise the megalith and is testing it on pokemon nearby capable of mega evolution. If you rule out TR the only causing of mega Garchomp I can think of are the megalith or some kind of random event happens.

Lorde

Unless Lysandre has learnt to weaponise the megalith and is testing it on pokemon nearby capable of mega evolution. If you rule out TR the only causing of mega Garchomp I can think of are the megalith or some kind of random event happens.

I'm betting on "random event." I'd even personally bet on TR being the catalyst of Garchomp's Mega Evolution more than that giant rock tbh.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The Megalith can't be causing it since in Act III Lysandre says they've managed to contain its radiation of energy, hence Mega Rayquaza reverts back to Rayquaza and is seemingly no longer aware of its presence.

Rayquaza seemingly needs to be right next to the megalith in order to mega evolve, so it being dragged into the sub would've devolved it anyway. The radiation containment was seemingly done mostly so all these super dangerous Pokemon wouldn't be able to sense it and attempt to get to it, which is what caused all the troubles in Act III.

Rayquaza showing up the instant it formed also seemed to be because it wanted to get rid of it in order to protect it from Groudon and Kyogre.

Rayquaza seemingly needs to be right next to the megalith in order to mega evolve, so it being dragged into the sub would've devolved it anyway. The radiation containment was seemingly done mostly so all these super dangerous Pokemon wouldn't be able to sense it and attempt to get to it, which is what caused all the troubles in Act III.

Rayquaza showing up the instant it formed also seemed to be because it wanted to get rid of it in order to protect it from Groudon and Kyogre.

Well this makes a lot of sense,thank you Dephender.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We have our first proper summary!

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/4s495BO.jpg

"As Ash and his friends continue their journey, they stop by Professor Sycamore's laboratory. At the lab, they get really excited to learn that Garchompite lies within the Mega Stone the professor has been researching. But then Team Rocket steal the Keystone and Garchomp. Ash and the others chase after them, but Team Rocket attempt to mega evolve the Garchomp and have it attack them."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.